Dallas Marriott Las Colinas
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewslas colinasthe concierge loungea lake view roomfront deskman made lakeconvention centersmall lakeroom servicehigh floorbusiness districtextra pillowsking roombusiness travelwonderful hotelbusiness hotelself parkingdefinitely stay here again
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 21, 2014

This is a beautiful hotel in a nice are of Dallas, it is such a shame they would let their restaurant
be such a diminishing factor on otherwise a great hotel. We arrived in the evening after driving
several hours and not knowing the area we decided in eat at the hotel, what a mistake!!!, two of
the party ate off the menu, and two of us had the buffet. The food was almost inedible, terrible
at best. The hamburgers were precooked and only warmed up when they were served, the buffet
food was straight out of the can and terrible. AVOID this restaurant at all costs

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded January 22, 2014

Dear JimH_11,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback about your recent stay. I sincerely apologize about the experience you encountered with the food in our restaurant. We will look into this immediately! We take great pride in all areas of the hotel. Especially in our restaurant. Feedback from our guests does make us better. Thank you again for your comments and I hope you will give us another chance the next time you are in the area.

Brian Short

Reviewed January 20, 2014

Checked into this hotel for a two-night conference. Was given room on 6th floor. Requested better view or was willing to pay for upgrade to concierge level. Was told non-available. Ok, fine. Went to room and tried to sign on to (expensive) in room wi-fi. No luck. Was given outside IT #. Called and was run through 30-plus minutes of fixes. None worked. Called back to desk. Very accommodating. Sent engineer to other rooms to find working wi-fi before moving me to concierge level room where engineer was waiting to be sure I could get on line.Room was large and comfortable with large bath. Staff in restaurant and concierge lounge extremely friendly and attentive. These folks aim to please. I hope our next meeting utilizes the same property.

Room Tip: Ask for lake view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Leo K,

Thank you for commenting on your recent stay. I am happy that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and were able to experience our great staff. I do apologize about the wi-fi connection in your room. I am glad we were able to correct this issue to your liking. We look forward to your next stay when visiting the area.

Reviewed January 7, 2014

Nice location with view of a small lake. There are some nearby restaurants and a movie theater. The indoor heated pool is terrific during cold weather and the hotel has a good exercise room.

The hotel restaurant has a great buffet breakfast but for some reason they use what I think is the unsanitary practice of setting your table with the silverware on the bare table top. Most hotels wrap the silverware in the napkin or use a placemat. This hotel does neither.

They also have the coffee cups waiting for you at your table but they are set rim down on the bare table top. I hate the thought of touching my lips to the rim of the coffee cup or using a fork that was set touching the table top that was just cleaned with an unsanitary dishcloth that had wiped the debris off several tables. I mentioned this to the breakfast manager during my first stay there. She had no explanation for not using placemats or wrapping silverware in napkins but offered to bring me another set of utensils. I stayed there again the next week and nothing had changed.

Room Tip: Lake side rooms have best view. Other side looks out over tile roof tops.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded January 15, 2014

Dear Guest,
I am happy that you enjoyed your overall stay. Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. I will certainly look into the way our silverware and cups are handled. I know we have just ordered place mats for our restaurant. Also we should be using a sanitize solution for the cloths we use to clean the tables. This is kept in the service areas. Thank you again for your comments and please let us know if we can do anything during your next stay.

Reviewed January 6, 2014

I must preface that I am Platinum in Marriott, so a bit biased. However I am Gold level in two other chains and I have to say that when I come to Irving, the Marriott Las Colinas is my choice. Clean, friendly; the rooms are large, the showers are refreshing, great breakfast, fitness room is small but well laid out. plus the lobby bar for those all important bonding and team building. Also very convienently located to make those dreaded 7 AM presentations. Highly recommended"

Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback from your recent stay. Also, Thank you for your loyalty to us and the entire Marriott brand. I am happy to hear we are your choice when staying in the area. We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit.

Reviewed December 13, 2013

Best part was the location. Just walked to my office in Willian Square & had to forget about travel logistics. Suites are quite big and comfortable.
Just wish they had a kitchen in the suites to offer more flexibility for food(since the food service was literally very limited).

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you for providing feedback about your stay. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your overall stay and that you enjoyed the scenic views of Lake Carolyn. I do apologize that you think our food options are very limited. On your next visit please let us know if we could make something for you that is not offered on our menu. We would be happy to do so. Thank you for choosing to stay with us and we hope to see you again on your next visit to the area.