“Resort like feel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #35 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Elburn, Illinois
“Resort like feel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 6, 2013

Only one complaint about the property, the rest is all good. When you put the address into at least three different devices, it takes you to the EXXON building about 2 miles away. I (as did others) ended up calling the hotel to get directions. Once I arrived I have nothing but good to say, actually ate at the bar the first night and the food was way better than anticipated (bordered on really good). Rooms are fine, view over what they call a lake (retention pond) was nice and the property is actually really neat, tucked away. Place was loaded with IBM and Oracle people while I was in town.

Room Tip: Rooms on the Lake SIde are nice
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Monument, Colorado, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013

We are Marriott premium members, and have used them for many years for conferences and travel. We've been at the Marriott Las Colinas the past five years for an annual conference. There are always ups and downs with hotels, and especially with sales and catering staff, but overall the Las Colinas Marriott is a wonderful hotel with good people. The rooms are updated and clean, the breakfast buffet is well above average, the lobby is large and comfortable, the concierge service is outstanding, and the bell staff very helpful. The hotel sits on a beautiful lake with a walking trail, so ask for a lakeside room if possible for the view over the water. As a conference facility it is great for a large event (10,000sf ballroom), and our served luncheon is always excellent. Downsides are no shuttle from DFW, and there is very little within easy walking distance (but if you have a car, any imaginable need is within ten minutes or less).

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeside room. If you are attending a conference there, the second floor rooms go straight...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ClayofCO
Atlanta
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2013

I stayed in this hotel twice in the same week, and was disappointed both times...

My Marriott profile indicates I need a feather free room. I also called ahead of time the date of my first check-in to make sure this would be done, since I was checking in very later. I was assured a room had been blocked. When I checked in, there was nothing ready for me. After a long wait, I was told the room was ready. It wasn't. Housekeeping couldn't bother reading the pillow tags, which clearly indicated the pillows were feather. It took quite some more time until this was finally corrected. Given how little time I had to sleep, I was not happy.

The next morning, the front desk manager indicated they would post points to my Marriott Rewards account to make up for the issue and that he would personally make sure my room was feather-free for my next visit later in the week. Again, I called the hotel and made sure this was done, and again, it wasn't. Nor were the points ever posted.

Given it's not that nice a Marriott to begin with, one would think they would try harder to be a great service provider. They don't. If you have any special requests, you would likely be best off staying elsewhere. The staff my promise you the sun, moon, wind and rain, but they're just giving you a snow job. Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: The best room is at a different property.
    • 1 of 5 stars
Hotel-G-Mgr, General Manager at Dallas Marriott Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 7, 2015
Thank you for choosing Dallas Marriott Las Colinas for your stay in Dallas. I would like to apologize for the challenges you encountered during your stay. Please be advised this is not a norm at the Dallas Marriott Las Colinas as it is our utmost priority to provide you a smooth and flawless stay.
We have taken stringent measures to ensure this scenario is not repeated in future. I hope you will give us another chance to regain your trust.

Brian S.
Denver
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

My room was clean and updated, the bathroom was a real treat for a woman - lots and lots of counter and great mirrors. Very good room service menu that varied from the normal Marriott choices. The restaurant is excellent. I was told by the hostess that the chef has a great background. I found things on the menu like low country shrimp and grits - just the best dish I have enjoyed since spending a lot of time in North Carolina. Restaurant service in the restaurant and in the bar/lobby was excellent. The property is hospitalble, the parking plentiful, the staff professional. I would return to this property if I had another business need in this area.

Hot Springs Village, Arkansas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

I was in Dallas on business and stayed at this hotel for four nights. The room was quiet, clean, and well furnished. The staff was great - everyone was Texas friendly! The hotel provides fresh fruit at the front desk, gave me a bottle of water every day, and had free newspapers daily. There is coffe and tea in the room along with really nice bottles of shampoo, lotion, etc.

I recommend this hotel to everyone - There are great restaurants in Las Colinas and many other fab places to dine just a couple of miles away. Downtown Dallas is a easy drive from this hotel. There was a nice lake view from the room window. You will be happy you stayed here!!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view room.
Lorena, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

Great hotel. Clean rooms with beatiful views. We were met at the door like I have been in a resort hotel. We were there for a convention and it is very close to the convention center. We did drive to the convention center and had to drive a piece to find places to eat.

Cedar Falls, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I'll start with the good: great room, comfortable bed, clean hotel, polite staff.

But the bad is everything I hate about a "full-service" hotel: my flight arrived about midnight and I was driven straight from the airport to the hotel. I came in a bit hungry, so I was looking for some sort of snack. But there is literally NO food - not a bite - available after 11pm. No snack machines, no store, no room service, no restaurant, nothing. The only vending machines are soda machines. The front desk person confirmed - literally NO FOOD in the entire hotel after 11pm.

So my choice was to walk half a mile in the cold (it was a chilly night) to a gas station, or go to bed hungry.

So I went to bed hungry. Because the hotel apparently assumes that nobody could possibly want a snack at midnight. Because apparently they've never heard the phrase "midnight snack."

But hey, at least I had my $12.95/day (hilarious) internet connection.

Room Tip: Don't arrive hungry after 11pm. Bad idea.