“Nice Setting”

Ranked #32 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Hagerstown, MD
“Nice Setting”
Reviewed October 11, 2012

This hotel is situated on a lake with a nice walking path around it. The hotel is within walking distance of the DART train station which makes for an easy trip to downtown Dallas. The Irving convention center is close as well. There are eateries within walking distance.

Some rooms have balconies, which is a nice touch. The staff is friendly.

There is a nice breakfast buffet. Jose is an excellent waiter.

The hotel was quiet and clean.

Room Tip: Ask for a lakeview.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Austin Texas
Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed at the Dallas Marriott Las Colinas for the first time ever and was surprised by the tranquility of the area. Nice little water feature behind the hotel. It was raining all day on saturday so we didnt get to check out the area to much. Service was great with the exception of the soda machines. I was pleasantly surprised the the cost was only $1.50 per bottle but I tried 4 different machine and they all were not working. Breakfast buffet was good and hot but was a little pricey. Nice indoor hot tub and pool area. Sodas at the bar was $3 per glass.

If you can get a room with a balconey! Awesome views

Room Tip: Ask for balconey room
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
West Palm Beach
Reviewed October 8, 2012

I stayed at the Las Colina Marriott in early Ocotber 2012. Las Colinas is mixed business and residential area in is right on a lake. There is residential unit mixed with business and hotels in the general area around Las Colinas Blvd. Check in was fast, friendly and efficient. My rate included free internet and free buffet breakfast... Score! Lobby was nice and definitely welcoming upon entry. Check in desk to left and nice bar area. All very impressive entry / lobby areas. Elevator service was terrific, never waited long for an elevator- a major plus. Room had 3 doubles - would have preferred a king, but for the rate with freebies, I'll take it Bed were typical Marriott. Very comfortable with white comfortable and plenty of pillows. Room was also typical Marriott - flat screen TV, work area / desk, clean (CLEAN) bathroom and clean room carpet. All in all, nice stay. Recommended for a business traveler in the DFW area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Savannah, GA
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've stayed here a few times for work. The last time I realized that there was a massive leak coming from the upstairs unit above me, and it had flooded my bathroom. The hotel was fully booked so they had to put me in a sub-par room, which is understandable. What was not understandable was that no credit was issued for the change.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank SavannahLady2010
Denver
Reviewed September 25, 2012

I checked into the Dallas Marriott Las Colinas last night. It was my worst Marriott experience ever.

I travel extensively for work and pleasure, and hotel stays are rarely perfect. I do not expect perfection, but I do not expect that every single interaction with hotel staff is completely negligent, however.

I checked in with a reservation for a king size bed. I got a room with two double beds. No big deal.

I tried to get online by plugging in the LAN cable. It did not work. It was not connected to any port on the wall or phone. No where to logically plug it in. It was like the bridge to nowhere.

So, I tried the wireless network. It did not work either. I had to call their hotel wireless support line and they spent 15 minutes troubleshooting and finally had to give me some inane IP number I had to enter to access it. First time I have had to call wireless support in a hotel in... well, I cannot think of another time in the last decade.

After working late, I called for a wake up call at 5.05am. Slept well. No wake up call in the morning, ever. Luckily, I set a backup.

Workout room had a waiting line of 5 people to access 7 pitiful machines. The room spelled like a gym locker.

I was hungry when done working out. I called for breakfast at 6.15am to be delivered at 7am. I called at 7.10am asking for my breakfast. They would call me back. They did, at 7.25am. They never took my room number. Did I want breakfast now? No, late to leave for a meeting.

Avoid this place; it is a complete disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid this Marriott like the plague.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Paul B
Albuquerque, New Mexico, United States
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friendly people. Big rooms with great views of lake and good location. Near las colinas business center, country club, and convention center. Received best pricing on pricline. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
Clifton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Recently Divorced and in the middle of a Long Move and relocation....This hotel really excelled in making everything easier. Room Service is worth the price!! Nice friendly staff and atmosphere. Large Bright rooms- and very clean and comfortable. Well staffed and very helpful, Management is very friendly and lowered my rate for an extended stay. Great place to stay!!!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo