“Flood in my room, moved to sub par location”

Dallas Marriott Las Colinas
Ranked #29 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed October 2, 2012

I've stayed here a few times for work. The last time I realized that there was a massive leak coming from the upstairs unit above me, and it had flooded my bathroom. The hotel was fully booked so they had to put me in a sub-par room, which is understandable. What was not understandable was that no credit was issued for the change.

2  Thank SavannahLady2010

Reviewed September 25, 2012

I checked into the Dallas Marriott Las Colinas last night. It was my worst Marriott experience ever.

I travel extensively for work and pleasure, and hotel stays are rarely perfect. I do not expect perfection, but I do not expect that every single interaction with hotel staff is completely negligent, however.

I checked in with a reservation for a king size bed. I got a room with two double beds. No big deal.

I tried to get online by plugging in the LAN cable. It did not work. It was not connected to any port on the wall or phone. No where to logically plug it in. It was like the bridge to nowhere.

So, I tried the wireless network. It did not work either. I had to call their hotel wireless support line and they spent 15 minutes troubleshooting and finally had to give me some inane IP number I had to enter to access it. First time I have had to call wireless support in a hotel in... well, I cannot think of another time in the last decade.

After working late, I called for a wake up call at 5.05am. Slept well. No wake up call in the morning, ever. Luckily, I set a backup.

Workout room had a waiting line of 5 people to access 7 pitiful machines. The room spelled like a gym locker.

I was hungry when done working out. I called for breakfast at 6.15am to be delivered at 7am. I called at 7.10am asking for my breakfast. They would call me back. They did, at 7.25am. They never took my room number. Did I want breakfast now? No, late to leave for a meeting.

Avoid this place; it is a complete disappointment.

Room Tip: Avoid this Marriott like the plague.
1  Thank Paul B
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Friendly people. Big rooms with great views of lake and good location. Near las colinas business center, country club, and convention center. Received best pricing on pricline. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed September 10, 2012

Recently Divorced and in the middle of a Long Move and relocation....This hotel really excelled in making everything easier. Room Service is worth the price!! Nice friendly staff and atmosphere. Large Bright rooms- and very clean and comfortable. Well staffed and very helpful, Management is very friendly and lowered my rate for an extended stay. Great place to stay!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Ales S
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We just got back from a 7 day stay here. Everything was clean and the staff couldn't have been any nicer. There is a really good restauraunt in the hotel and a really nice bar and lounge in the lobby, although room services prices were a little high. I stayed here because I had business meetings right across the street, but as long as I don't have anything I have to watch on TV, I would certainly stay here whenever I come to the Dallas area. They apparently just switched from another TV system to Direct TV and we had almost no reception on it which irritated my husband because he was wanting to watch the US Open.

Room Tip: If you want a lake view, ask for an odd numbered room. Central rooms have balconies on this side, b...
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were in Dallas to watch Alabama play Michigan in the Cowboy Kickoff Classic. This review is based on a two night stay.

We flew into Dallas Love field and selected this hotel based on location and on price as compared to other Marriotts in Dallas.

Las Colinas is a business and residential area. There are condo's in front of this location. A very attractive high rise hotel located on a lake.

Check in: Very quick and efficient. Staff was very courteous and honored room requested.
Lobby: Nice size with a bar located in center of lobby.
Elevators: Three of them and we never had to wait long for an elevator.
Rooms: Double beds>There is room for them to put in Queens which would be preferred. Standard Marriott bedding and provided a good night's sleep.

Restaurant: We used this for breakfast on both days. The buffet was terrific!
STAFF: Excellent customer service skills. They were very helpful with providing directions and recommendations.

There is Bar/ estaurant, The Cellar, which is withing a long walking distance, but well worth it.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jandrsmith
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for one night over Labor Day weekend. The staff was friendly and our room was big and clean. The parking garage was a bit odd as it was hard to figure out where the stairs were - maybe it was just us!

Lots of Michigan and Alabama fans were there due to the football game, but all were friendly and gracious.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Homewood Suites by Hilton Dallas-Arlington
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
Renaissance Dallas Hotel
#37 of 206 in Dallas

Been to Dallas Marriott Las Colinas? Share your experiences!