“Good Choice for a stay in Las Colinas”

Dallas Marriott Las Colinas
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed September 7, 2012

We just got back from a 7 day stay here. Everything was clean and the staff couldn't have been any nicer. There is a really good restauraunt in the hotel and a really nice bar and lounge in the lobby, although room services prices were a little high. I stayed here because I had business meetings right across the street, but as long as I don't have anything I have to watch on TV, I would certainly stay here whenever I come to the Dallas area. They apparently just switched from another TV system to Direct TV and we had almost no reception on it which irritated my husband because he was wanting to watch the US Open.

Room Tip: If you want a lake view, ask for an odd numbered room. Central rooms have balconies on this side, b...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Dallas Marriott Las Colinas

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We were in Dallas to watch Alabama play Michigan in the Cowboy Kickoff Classic. This review is based on a two night stay.

We flew into Dallas Love field and selected this hotel based on location and on price as compared to other Marriotts in Dallas.

Las Colinas is a business and residential area. There are condo's in front of this location. A very attractive high rise hotel located on a lake.

Check in: Very quick and efficient. Staff was very courteous and honored room requested.
Lobby: Nice size with a bar located in center of lobby.
Elevators: Three of them and we never had to wait long for an elevator.
Rooms: Double beds>There is room for them to put in Queens which would be preferred. Standard Marriott bedding and provided a good night's sleep.

Restaurant: We used this for breakfast on both days. The buffet was terrific!
STAFF: Excellent customer service skills. They were very helpful with providing directions and recommendations.

There is Bar/ estaurant, The Cellar, which is withing a long walking distance, but well worth it.

1  Thank jandrsmith
Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed here for one night over Labor Day weekend. The staff was friendly and our room was big and clean. The parking garage was a bit odd as it was hard to figure out where the stairs were - maybe it was just us!

Lots of Michigan and Alabama fans were there due to the football game, but all were friendly and gracious.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

We stayed at this hotel while going to the Cowboy Classic football game. We were on the concierge floor (15). The rooms were nice and very clean and well appointed (bathrobes, coffee pots etc.) They could use a magnifying makeup mirror in the bathroom however.
The concierge level snacks were great, but closed for the weekend. They did give us coupons for the restaurant that although they said continental breakfast were good for the full breakfast buffet which was wonderful - included omlet and waffle station.

Room Tip: If you are a couple try to get a king room - the double or queen beds felt small.
Reviewed July 27, 2012

I recently spent two nights at the Marriott for work. As a Gold member, I was originally assigned a room directly across from the elevator on a high floor, but when I asked for something quieter I was given a room at the end of the hall on the second floor.

The room itself was basic Marriott, nothing I haven't seen in a dozen other Marriott's. The club lounge was also consistent with what I've encountered at other Marriott's.

The challenge I had with the hotel with bugs. Not bedbugs, but big bugs. Now, I've lived in the South so know that it's hard to control, but I was surprised by how many I encountered in and near my second floor room. I had one fly off the my towel when I went to dry off, and another (dead) bug fall out of a dirty shirt when I unpacked back at home. Since I was on the second floor, I was using the stairs to go down to the lobby level, and the stairs had tons of dead bugs in them. It appeared that they were getting cleaned up, at least partially (day 2 had a different set of bugs in different places than day 1), but it wasn't something I'd expect at a Marriott.

There is not a cab stand at the hotel, so plan ahead if you need transportation.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank wizzy99
Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

Attended an event at the Irving Convention Center. The hotel website says its in walking distance, but it's just outside that unless you like to hike a ways.

Parking was plentiful, and check in was great. They have a large lobby and huge back deck overlooking the lake. Our room was ready earlier than expected; we had requested a check in at noon but were told it might not happen. So we were surprised to have it work out.

We stayed on top floor/concierge level. The lounge was closed Saturdays, but we were able to sneak in before they locked it for some beverages.

Room was excellent. Nice big inside ledge made the room feel much larger. TV was great, beds were soft. Wireless Internet was fast. Bathroom was quite large also with nice amenities.

We checked out the pool/whirlpool/exercise room and it appeared standard fare. Hotel bar was nice, albeit a little pricey ($6/beer).

We were comped the breakfast buffet the next morning, and it was the only time we ate on property. A basic buffet, but very good.

What made the trip extra special was how nice their staff was. Everyone was very courteous and friendly.

Downsides were few and far between. You'd really have to nitpick to find anything. That being said, the three elevators servicing 14 floors ran slow at times due to the load. I guess that was to be expected. I really couldn't find fault with much else, except maybe they didn't have my name on a personalized license plate in the gift shop!

I'd definitely stay here again for business or pleasure when visiting the Irving area, or anywhere in the Mid Cities.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I do events across the country and working with this particular facility has re-instilled my faith in the fact there are still great people in this world. I want to personally thank Jeannine F. for her assistance. I will only work with Marriott's in the future and would recommend if you are thinking about booking an event with this facility, don't bother calling any other hotels. This is the place to book and Jeannine is the person to work with. Simply Amazing!!!!

www.acceleratemypractice.com