“This is nice”

Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #30 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed August 21, 2014

Not what I expect from Residence Inn properties. Brand new, well kept, beautiful suite, great amenities, fitness center and pool, and pretty standard meeting rooms. Nice reception and well above average breakfast. Overall and excellent hotel. It is right next to a hiway so ask to stay on the non hiway side of the hotel. Great proximity to the airport - DFW.

Room Tip: Stay on the non hiway side of the property. Much quieter.
  • Stayed: August 2014, traveled on business

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Chose this location based on Trip Advisor reviews and proximity to DFW airport. The rooms are nicely appointed, hotel staff was friendly and knowledgeable. Breakfast was better on the weekend than Monday -- the Sat/Sun host made much better coffee. My family traveled to Dallas, Plano and did lots of shopping in Irving during our three day stay. The biggest plus was the rooms were very quiet even though the hotel is so close to state highways, a turnpike and the airport. Biggest minus is the parking lot. it is shared with another hotel and staff members park (saw it with my own eyes) in the 10-minute check in only spots for hours. This makes check in difficult especially if you have luggage.

1  Thank Mrs K
Reviewed July 27, 2014

Stayed at this hotel while visiting both Dallas and Fort Worth. Since we were visiting colleges that were in both cities, I wanted to find a hotel that would be accessible to all the metroplex had to offer and I stumbled upon this gem. I had some Marriott reward points so I initially was looking for a Marriott but I was also willing to pay for my stay. However, this hotel got such good reviews on TA, I decided to give it a try. My husband, 16 year old daughter and her friend were also on the trip and the room we stayed in was a suite that had a king in the bedroom and a queen sofa bed. The room arrangement gave everyone more privacy than if we had just opted for a conventional hotel room arrangement. Both the sofabed and the king bed were very comfortable, towels were good and water pressure in the shower was excellent (something my husband judges hotels by). The first night we got ready to go to bed and we came up short a few pillows. After a quick phone call, the pillows were delivered within 3 minutes. The breakfast buffet both mornings was outstanding. Eggs, toast, bagels, sausage, potatoes, cereal, yogurt, fruit were all very tasty as were the texas shaped make-it-yourself belgian waffles. The hotel looked new or like it had just been remodeled. Everything was fresh and very modern. I could certainly see staying at this hotel for business for a week at a time. It was a very comfortable place and I highly recommend it.

Room Tip: King one bedroom suites are the size of a small apartment and would be great for families
1  Thank lesliz64
Reviewed July 24, 2014 via mobile

I chose this hotel after reading several reviews right here on tripadvisor, and being a Marriott member and planning to stay on points this looked to be the perfect hotel for me. The hotel was beautiful, and by Residence Inn standards, this one was near the top.

The suite (#406) was just as nicely decorated as the hotel, it was perfectly clean and all appliances and furniture were in relatively new, excellent condition. I was completely satisfied with my suite, the hotel and my stay, and was planning to give this property raving reviews, until just prior to checkout I pulled the bed linen off and discovered a large 3ft x 2ft urine stain on the mattress, plus a smaller one probably 8 inches in diameter. I took photos and showed the on duty manager, who was thoroughly embarrassed and apologetic. Additionally, she returned all of the points I used for my stay.

Although the urine stained mattress was completely disgusting, when looking at this property as a whole, and how satisfied I was with it prior to discovering the stain, I must give this hotel a "very good" rating, as it is quite beautiful, and I would stay there again (although I'd check my mattress prior to settling in next time).

With keen attention to detail by the housekeeping staff (i.e., when changing sheets make sure you look at the actual mattress you're putting clean sheets on to determine if it's suitable for a guest), this hotel will be excellent. I definitely recommend this property for Irving/DFW Airport travelers.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 21, 2014

Our baseball team stayed 5 days here. We loved it!! Rooms have plenty of space along with a kitchen. I do wish that they had rooms with 2 double beds in them (sofa bed is not comfortable).
The hotel provided an awesome breakfast every morning along with a great dinner Monday thru Thursday.
Super friendly staff from the lobby all the way to maintenance. They all made us feel welcomed.
Our boys loved the basketball court!! Excellent addition to hotel!!

Room Tip: There is only 2 elevators....so if hotel is booked to capacity, you might want to get a room on the...
Reviewed July 17, 2014

My family and I travel often and I personally have 15+ years in the hospitality industry. I must say that the service I received at this hotel from the time we walked in was nothing less than outstanding. Malene and Ivan are hands down this hotels finest workers! These two employees exemplify what Marriott travelers look forward to; attention to detail. This stay truly felt like home away from home. Thanks to the entire staff and keep up the good work. We will be back!

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 14, 2014

A good representation of Residence Inns.

Breakfast and happy hours are good. Lobby comfortable, rooms very nice. No complaints, only compliments. If you need to be near DFW south exit this is not a bad choice. Did have a colleague stay at Embassy Suites across the way, he said it was horrible. Next time he will make his reservations sooner, before the place sells out. This is also a courtyard on the same property as the residence.

There is a mall close by and there are plenty of restaurants. We did not utilize the hotel shuttle so I cannot comment on what services they provide.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business