“Best part of our family trip to Six Flags!”

Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Edmond, Oklahoma
“Best part of our family trip to Six Flags!”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

After a long HOT day at 6 flags, this was hotel awesome to come "home" too. There were 5 of us (2 adults and 3 kids). Check in was kind of slow, but I think the guy was fairly new and he was all by himself. The lobby was very, very nice and modern. When we got to the room we were blown away with how nice it looked, very good set up also. There was plenty of room for all of us to sleep comfortably and the kitchen area was nice with a lot of counter space to put our food on, so it didn't come into our living area. We got a very reasonable price for such high class accomidations. It was like getting two rooms for one. We will definitely stay there again the next time we go to 6 flags. It was a bit of a drive, but not far. Great location close to the airport. One downside, is I wish there were more restraunts nearby.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Mike T, Manager at Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this review, September 24, 2012
I'm very delighted that you took the time to write a review for our property and you enjoyed the hotel as well as Six Flags. Our property opened in December 2011 and we are glad you chose us for you trip to the Irving area. I look forward to having you come back and see us and thank you again for your kind comments.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Tennessee
Reviewed June 17, 2012

We booked four rooms on a business trip to move closer to the airport from our hotel in Addison as we had an early flight. The hotel is just pristine and loaded with amenities. Due to the epic hailstorm last Wednesday, the staff told us to get to the airport early on Thursday as the airport would be slammed due to cancelled flights. We caught the 5 a.m. hotel shuttle but the lady on duty offered us muffins and coffee prior to their regular breakfast and went the extra mile to take care of folks taking the early shuttle. Great location, high value for your money, and you will be extremely pleased with this property. On our next trip we may stay longer at this property due to its phenomenal service level.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled on business
3 Thank Wilson54
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this review, June 19, 2012
I wanted to thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and staff. It was our pleasure to have you stay with us and I really appreciate your comments. I will enusre that the staff reveives your comments. I look forward to you visiting us again soon. Sincerely, Mike Testerman
Michigan
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed here at this Residence Inn during a quick turn around trip in Dallas. It was close to the airport and had a complimentary shuttle to get back and forth. This property is fairly new and you can tell the staff is proud of it.

I arrived at about 5:00 pm and check in was very smooth. The clerk informed me of dinner that was being served in the lobby starting at 5:30. It was very handy as I did not have a vehicle and the food was good.

My room was a studio suite which was quite roomy, especially for one person. The room was clean and had everything I needed for one night.

When I went down for dinner I met the General Manager at the desk who explained to me about the free internet. He told me they had upgraded again for better service so wanted to know how my experience was after using the internet. I shared my ease of use with the gal at checkout the next morning.

I pre-arranged for a ride on the shuttle for my flight out of DFW. That went smoothly as well. They serve a breakfast that is included in the room rate but I left the hotel before breakfast was served. The desk clerk offered to get me some fruit and a danish to go. That was very thoughtful and I really appreciated it.

This Residence Inn is great and I will stay there again anytime I have the opportunity to stay in the Dallas area.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
3 Thank AZgolferMom
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at our property. I'm glad you enjoyed your stay and I hope we will get to see you again soon. I will ensure all my staff views your comments. Sincerely Mike Testerman
ABQ, NM
Reviewed May 14, 2012 via mobile

I cannot say much more about this property! It is new and immaculate. The staff, Mike, Ivan, and Ramona were fantastic. All hotels should make the business traveler fell this much at home and at a great rate! Thanks a ton!!

Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank nicole_all52
It was our pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for letting us know how your stay was. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely Mike Testerman
Reviewed April 27, 2012 via mobile

As all new properties there is room for improvement. The lady that checked us in must have been distracted because she forgot to ask for the CC and had to call us back down. We wanted a second room and could not book our rate online and she didn't even offer us another room at the regular price (of course we could have just asked but in a business you always want to sell more if the client wants it!) but everything worked out and my brother and I encountered her later and she definitely grew on us!

Hotel seemed overstaffed with 3-4 people at desk in morning but they always made sure to greet us and wish us well on our way out.

I agree with the first review, much smaller than older properties but very modern and lovely. Wonderful colors, enjoyed the paintings in hallways, VERy clean and spotless everywhere..room, lobby, breakfast, and bathrooms!

All in all we enjoyed our stay very much! Thank you!!

• Stayed April 2012
2 Thank Tulsee N
Thank for visiting our Residence Inn. We are a newly opened property and are very excited about what we have to offer. I'm glad you took the time to comment on your stay and I look forward to having you as a guest again soon. Sincerely Mike Testerman
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed April 19, 2012

I recently stayed at this hotel with my family. We enjoyed the hotel amenities including the pool and breakfast. The location is convenient to dfw airport and therefore between Dallas and Fort Worth. There is nothing within walking distance to this hotel and the freeway system is intimidating. My initial reaction to the room was that it is very nice and of course modern. But the space was really small. It is hard to have more than 2 people share that room. Last year I stayed at the embassy suites across the street and they have a way bigger bang for the buck. Huge rooms and cooked to order breakfast! I did not like the bathroom being open to the room because the lights and noise would be right next to someone who was trying to sleep. There was no bath tub and the water closet was really small too. The noises at night were bad. I could hear airplanes very loudly. I had to turn off my fridge because it growled all night. I also heard music during the day through the walls. I liked the tv and found it easy to use. There was not a lot of storage space for luggage and clothes.

The evening front desk agent was great. Mike was friendly and helped us pick the right places to eat. The morning guy who doesn't wear a name tag was unprofessional and uninterested. Overall I would say this hotel was a decent value but again I would highly recommend the embassy suites across the street. My family all agreed we liked that hotel better even though it wasn't as new.

• Stayed April 2012
1 Thank Mwar1004
Augusta, Georgia
Reviewed March 24, 2012

Perfevt in everything, brand new, close to the airport but you do not listen to the airplanes, closest to the rental car return than you can imagine. NO BATHTUB BUT A GREAT SHOWER. SPACIOUS AND COMFY. By a freeway that takes you to all places.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank M Elvira S
Mike T, General Manager at Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving, responded to this review, March 27, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to respond concerning our hotel. I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay. Our property has several room types and our Studios do have showers and our One and Two bedroom suites offer bathtubs. Our rooms are quiet even though we are close to the airport so you get a well rested sleep. We look forward to seeing you again soon. Sincerely Mike Testerman