New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“My Stay At Extended Stay America, Green Park Drive, Irving, TX” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St.

Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St.
Ranked #68 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Tulsa
“My Stay At Extended Stay America, Green Park Drive, Irving, TX”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 29, 2013

My stay was nice. However, I needed a shuttle so that I could get a ride to Carnaby Drive location, because I had a big box with my stuff in it, and could not walk with my stuff.
The workers here told me that there is only a shuttle that takes people to work and to Walmart only on Wednesdays. What's also bad is the fact that the Carnaby location said that there is no shuttle service at all, after just a few months ago I was told that there is shuttle service in only a five mile radius!
After this, I asked to use their dolly. I was told that their dolly was missing and there was none on the Carnaby Drive location.

• Stayed November 2013
      Cleanliness
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay. Please accept our apologies that we did not take you to the Carnaby location. Our shuttle is only available for the Meadow Creek and Green Park location. Still, we are happy to hear that you did have a nice stay at the location on Green Park.

Thank you for choosing Extended Stay Hotels. We hope to see you again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Malvern, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

The rooms were not clean. Pet hair/dander on the chair causing me an allergic reaction. I had red itchy whelps on my body because the staff would not respond to my request to remove the pet hair. Mold in the bathroom/shower. Front Desk cust. service rep. Iman is deadpan, rude & short with paying customers. Asst Mgr nice but ineffective in solving the issues. Bait & switch with my reservation. I booked on the hotel website for $38.99 a night, my boss was charged $54.99. $450 for 7 days at a substandard hotel. 1st rm smelled of burnt onions & curry, 2nd rm pet hair & dander, 3rd room, upstairs guest bumping moving furniture until 2 am. I found a used QTIP under the mattress pad..YUCK!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Janice - I appreciate you bringing your experience to our attention. Please accept our most sincere apologies for your uncomfortable stay at our hotel. Please know, I am working with our housekeeping and maintenance staff to ensure our level of cleanliness in enhanced and our inspection policies are being followed more closely. As for your reservation, since it was made through Expedia, there would not have been a way for us to change it onsite. I apologize if it seemed like we were upcharging you; however, this was not the case.

I really appreciate you bringing this to our attention. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lco@extendedstay.com. We hope that you will give us the opportunity to provide you with a better stay the next time you're in the area.
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

I made a reservation for this hotel 3 days before my stay was to take place. I booked via the Extended Stay website for a deluxe room. When I got to the hotel I was very upset to hear that my room was not available and that I was given a downgraded room. Which would not be good enough for me. The girl at the front desk, Stephanie, had a smug attitude like usual and just said, "I'm sorry I'm overbooked so I took the extra charge for the deluxe off for you I'm not sure where the reservation came from". I replied it came from your website!! If I wanted a queen room I would have booked it! She acted as if she was doing me a favor! Most importantly the weekly price for the downgraded room was in fact more than the price I was given when I initially booked via their website. I will never book here again nor will I recommend this high price for no reason hotel to anyone I know.

• Stayed October 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of your stay. The situation you described regarding the overbooking is truly regrettable. We are very sorry for your experience. In response to your feedback, I am retraining the front desk with regard to issues involving any overbooking and guest satisfaction.

We continually work to improve our hotel, so I really appreciate you providing us with your feedback. If you would like to discuss this further, please do not hesitate to contact me at lco@extendedstay.com. I do hope that you will return to our hotel, or any other Extended Stay America location in the future.
Irving, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

Moving to Dallas I have about 5 weeks before my house is ready. I have been here 4 of those weeks It's nice, has everything you need in short walking distance, safe and plenty of parking. I would recommend.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Danny - I want to thank you for taking the time to post a review of your stay. I'm glad that you are feeling comfortable and safe at the property. Also, I am pleased that you found our location to convenient. Congratulations on your relocation to Dallas.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 14, 2013

Truly a bargain. We were located right in the middle of all the places we wanted to be. Very friendly staff and clean facility. Quiet surroundings and we felt most at home during our stay. We will definitely book here again.

• Stayed September 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, September 17, 2013
Thank you so much for posting a review of our property. I am glad to read that you were pleased with our hotel's location and the level of cleanliness throughout our hotel. As well, it is great to know that our staff provided you with such great service and you felt at home during your stay.

Reno, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

Bugs, dirt, and needs paint. grounds and area nice. Felt safe but every day more bugs showed up. Desk was not that helpfull with issue. Bathroom corners filthy and floors had dead raoches still there.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
1 Thank phamic9
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

I would make sure that the room is very clean before staying in it or buy some Lysol. Overall the hotel stay was fine. The location is nice and the people were not loud. I just didnt understand why it wasn't clean.

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank Fancy1226
Manager_11525, General Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, July 2, 2013
I received a copy of your review, and wanted to take a moment to personally respond. We strive to provide guests with all the comforts of home, so I am disappointed to hear that your room did not meet your cleanliness expectations. As this hotel’s manager, I can assure you that I have addressed this issue with all of our housekeeping staff to ensure your experience is not repeated.

I am grateful for the feedback you provided so we are able to continually improve our hotel. If you have any additional feedback, please reach out to me at lco@extendedstay.com. We would love to have another chance to provide you with a better experience at our hotel the next time you're in town.