Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St.
Ranked #65 of 77 Hotels in Irving
chicago
“Bed bugs”
Reviewed May 24, 2012

If you care for uncleaned sheets and bed bugs go ahead. I left at 1 a.m. to get another room at other hotel. Wow bad front desk people and worst experience ever.

Room Tip: Try to get a non smoking room without the bed bugs.
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
4 Thank exptChicago
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, July 12, 2012
I recently received a copy of your review of the Homestead Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St.. Our company prides itself on providing great service and great rooms at great rates, which is why I was so disappointed to read your post. Please accept my most sincere apologies.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Navarre,FL
Reviewed May 19, 2012

I was pleasantly surprised by how neat and clean this 2 star property is---no frills but has the basics and is in a safe area. The staff were very helpful and kind.My only complaint is that the room smelled strongly of mothballs even after I removed them from the dresser.I booked the room on hotwire for a ridiculously low price so didn't expect much but was pleasantly surprised.Will stay here again!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank FlaglerCollegeMom
, Manager at Extended Stay America - Dallas - Las Colinas - Carnaby St., responded to this review, July 16, 2012
Thank you so very much for your glowing review of Homestead Dallas - Las Colinas. Whenever I read comments like yours it always gives me such great pleasure. My entire staff strives to make every guest's stay totally enjoyable, and our greatest reward is validation that we've done just that. Please know that we would be thrilled to have you again as our guest should your travel needs bring you back to our area. Once again, thanks for all of your very kind words.
Richardson, Texas
Reviewed May 16, 2012

This facility left me feeling very, very disappointed. It is situated in a nice neighborhood, with many businesses nearby, but this is the most ugly, classless place I have ever encountered within a "2 star rating" bracket.

I would never stay here again. Management needs to get their act together! Update, accentuate and work on providing a comfortable stay for your patrons. The bed is tolerable and you can get extra pillows if you walk through the parking lot to the front desk and ask for them, but be ready to be scrutinized for their inventory purposes. I felt like a common criminal for asking for them.

They give you as few watered down toiletries as humanly possible and as little space as possible and they don't even know the meaning of the words "service" or "hospitality". They left me feeling cheated and offended.

DISGUSTED! NEVER NEVER AGAIN..

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank tinkerbtch

Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed February 21, 2012

This place is located quite near to the DFW Airport (about a 15 mins car ride). The locality is nice and peaceful - Thomas Jefferson Park is right accross the street and is a great place for a walk/jog during mornings and evenings.

The Studio suite per say is well equipped and comfortable - the weekly and monthly rates are pretty low and works out well for a budget traveller. They also have a complimentary pass to the LA Fitness gym a couple of blocks away. Many restaurants within short walking distance and a Walgreens right next door. The desk staff are generally competent and polite - thought I have faced a couple of cranky ones too.

I have stayed at this place for a couple of times and would happily come back.

Room Tip: Try choosing something on the 2nd floor.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled on business
Irving, Texas
Reviewed April 12, 2011

Was at Irving for a project work for 3 weeks. Had a nice and comfortable stay at the hotel. Reception and service staff are kind and helpful. Nice room with all required facilities. Thank you!!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank lku_13
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Reviewed July 3, 2010

Booked a room here for a one night layover on our way home from vacation. Arrived at the airport on time, went through customs, and called the hotel to be picked up. The clerk couldn't tell me where we needed to be, kept insisting I must be on the upper level (I wasn't), and finally admitted he had never been to DFW. When we finally figured it out, he said the shuttle would be there in about 10 minutes. We called several times over the next 30 minutes when the shuttle didn't come, and he told us that they subcontract with an outside shuttle service, and since it was raining, it could still be a while. We canceled our reservation, booked a room at a different hotel, and got on their shuttle 50 minutes after first calling Homestead, and their shuttle had still not shown up!

Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank hopsonbiz
Bangalore
Reviewed May 6, 2010

The studio suite is too good.You'll get everything you need. Hotel is located at very peaceful and nice location.You'll get every major restaurants (indian as well) at walking distance.Though it was my first visit to US, I was able to locate required places including my office very easily. Studio suite was well contained equipped with all required things.
It was having a small kitchen where I could cook my stuff if not willing to go out side.
Staff was bale to maintain the cleanness & hygiene inside and outside the room.I faced a minor issue while checking out but it got resolved with high attention when reported it to managemnt.Overall I'll give them excellent rating.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business