“Disappointed”

Our Place Indian Cuisine
Ranked #24 of 642 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed September 3, 2014

This is the first time that I've been disappointed by a restaurant with a high trip advisor rating. I'm guessing that the place has great food in the evening. The lunch buffet was not impressive. We wanted Indian food, and this was the blandest that I've ever had. I think that they're trying to cater to a more Americanized tastebud with their buffet. It was the first time that I've ever had Indian food that wasn't hot and spicy. The Tikka was creamy, but no kick. Same with the curry.

Nothing was all that bad - just bland. When I asked the waiter about the spice, he told me that there's hot sauce at the buffet. I went back and put some on my food, but it wasn't the same as having a good, spicy curry.

3  Thank Dcotton369

Reviewed June 15, 2014

I live in Arlington, about 30 minutes from Our Place in Irving. I gladly make the drive because I LOVE Our Place. The food and service are always top-notch. I highly recommend Our Place!

2  Thank rogerhi
Reviewed May 29, 2014

We were having our friends night outing and after much deliberation we choose Our Place for our dinner. Nice atmosphere with soft Indian music. Appetizers and entrees were excellent, quantities were enough for the number of people we choose for. Had little issues with waiters because language barrier. We had fun having excellent dinner, until we ordered our last but not least desserts, Carrot Halwa was like made in microwave. Plain shredded carrots mixed with extra sugar. Same was with Ras Malai made in condensed milk. I guess they need to work in these items. Other than that evening was wonderful. will sure be back and try some different desserts next time.

2  Thank CHAD32615
Reviewed March 6, 2014

I am very delighted to say that this Indian Restaurant in Irving has been a source of Authentic South Indian cuisine for me and my entire family !!

1  Thank Dpcarwala
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Our Place has wonderful lunch buffet featuring vegetarian dishes, as a well as dishes featuring chicken, goat, shrimp, and fishes from Southern and Northern Indian. Some of my favorite dishes are: sambar, chicken tikka, palak paneer. spinach rice. I tried the goat on the recommendation of a nearby diner. It was spicy and well seasoned, but full of bones.The yellow dal was good, but not outstanding. I am glad left room for dessert-- the gulab jamun was delightful!

Our Place is a very family friendly establishment and has a diverse customer base. Everyone is made to feel welcome.

1  Thank ladyt