“A great place for the business traveler”

Our Place Indian Cuisine
Ranked #32 of 592 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed January 23, 2014

I had diner there several times while on business over the last few months, The food was consistently good and the service fast and courteous.

The staff are happy to adjust the level of spice .

Reviewed November 21, 2013

Quality and taste of the food is good. The buffet is awesome. I would prefer them to anyone else in the town for dinner. Service is extraordinary.

Reviewed November 17, 2013

We went for buffet lunch so my review is based on the experience of buffet lunch on a Friday. The restaurant is average. The décor is okay and the wait staffs do what they are supposed to do. The food on the buffet line is hot. I have had Indian food throughout the US and grew up eating Indian food. The buffet line comprises mainly north Indian foods while some south Indian foods are also present. The buffet items are the usual rice, chicken, Naan. The buffet price was $ 10.95, which is a lot considering the taste and the number of food items on the buffet line. The price includes soft drinks and ice cream. The Chicken Tikka Masala was overly creamy and the chicken was overly cooked giving out rubbery, chewy taste. The Chicken Tandoori did not fare any better either. Along with the Tandoori and Tikka Masala, Chicken 65 was also overly cooked with the same chewy, rubbery texture. I do not know why the owner/ chef have not followed what other restaurants do regarding Naan. Other places bring out couple of Naans to individual tables when the customers sit down to eat and never make Naans ahead of time. The best Naan is the one which has been prepared on order and consumed immediately. The people at this place, however, cook a lot of Naans ahead of time and put them on the buffet line which makes the Naan crunchy and stiff over time.

It was weird that we were not given any ice with our water nor were we asked if we needed any. Another weird thing was, all the customers were presented with the check/bill around 2:15 PM when the buffet was getting ready to close at 2:30 PM. I observed that this place attracts a lot of non-ethnic people, meaning, you will not find their own kind eating here. Out of about ten tables, only two tables were Indians.

You will be hugely disappointed if you go here expecting real spicy authentic Indian food. The food is customized to cater to the palate of non-Indians; which makes the food really bland. They do not have popular items on the buffet line like Samosa, however, I was surprised to see items like Tomato Rice and Spinach Rice. The place also lacks in the choices for dessert. They charge almost $11 for weekday buffet lunch and I can only imagine what they would charge for dinner. I would not mind paying $11 for good Indian food, but the food at this restaurant certainly does not command $11 per plate. The price should be on par with other area restaurants. There are a lot of other choices for Indian food in this area. I was expecting a stellar experience based on the ratings online but I am disappointed with the food as well as the price. This will be my last visit to this place, for; I am not paying $11 for mediocre buffet lunch. Folks looking for other options are Pasand on Belt Line Road close to Irving Mall and Roma Palace in Garland area. Pasand’s food and price are better and Roma Palace has one of the lowest buffet prices with good food for around $7.

2  Thank everest47
Reviewed October 16, 2013

We go there with office workers for lunch. Good food selection. Lots of tasty treats. Good, friendly service.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Restaurant mostly patronized by Indian locals in the area as hi tech employees we are told. Young families. Chicken tikki and lamb rogan josh dinners. Beautiful presentation and plenty of food. You won't need an appetizer. Includes small lentil soup, veggie curry, rice, choice of bread. About $16 each. Huge Indian beers $7. Attentive service, in a strip shopping center.