“I hate buffets, but I love this one!”

Our Place Indian Cuisine
Ranked #29 of 576 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
TX
“I hate buffets, but I love this one!”
Reviewed May 31, 2013

Seriously, I generally stay away from any kind of buffet. Once in a while I get weak, my will crumbles and the temptation gets the best of me - which usually leads me down the road of disappointment and regret. Our Place is an exception. I almost also never think to review places where I live. Well, my wife and I have been coming to Our Place for several years and love this place. We have eaten dinner off the menu once a couple of years ago which was very good. We then came to the buffet one day several years ago. Since then, we probably visit once every month or two. Let me me start off by saying the quality and taste fo this buffet is outstanding. We often have lunch on a Friday which is probably their busiest day, so the food turn over is amazing. Though we have eaten on other week days and always had fresh, tasty food. I was talking with the owner today (an extremely nice man btw), and was complimenting him that over the past several years I am amazed that the quality of their lunch buffet has remained outstanding. You buffet haters out there know what I'm saying. Most buffets deteriorate in quality and taste as the years pass by. He told me that one thing he has insisted upon over the years. There are some kitchens that may save leftovers, thinking they are fresh enough to serve the next day. He said, "I insist we start fresh every day. If we serve our customers fresh food, they will return." The buffet has many of the usual suspects that you will enjoy such as chicken tikka masala, palak paneer, and tandoori chicken, and others. So many other good choices as well. Usually several different kinds of rice including a Biryani. Often times you will find goat curry and many vegetable dishes. I absolutely love Indian food, and I really enjoy Our Place. When I come here for lunch, it is usually my only meal of the day. I'm always too full for dinner. An absolutely great place to try lots of different Indian dishes. Some may say this is expensive (it just when up to 10.95) however, for the size and variety of this buffet on top of its freshness, it's well worth it. Here you are paying for quality and variety. Plus if you enjoy your lunch here like I always do, you won't eat dinner. Dig in, and enjoy.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank freedominc98

Krum, Texas, USA
“Fantastic buffet !”
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

This food is awesome! More choices on buffet you could ask for. Very fresh and perfect spices. Only bad thing I would say is it does get a bit pricey....but WORTH IT !

• Visited March 2013
“Amazing food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

This is the best indian food ive had outside of india! Its soo good! I love it! The service is ok, and the prices are medium, but the food is off the charts! So good!

Visited February 2013
Las Vegas, Nevada - USA
“Good Food, Packed Buffet Area”
Reviewed March 31, 2013

While visiting friends in Irving, they took me to the Our Place Indian Cuisine. They have been customers for years and stated that food is consistently good. Also, many people from India frequent this restaurant, so the authenticity is definitely there.

We arrived for lunch on a Sunday and were able to get a table for six. There are many choices to include vegetables (uncooked) and then a variety of cooked items. The dessert consists of either custard with fruit or a bright orange, hot dessert with raisins.

Customers help themselves to drinks (soda, water), and there is a soft serve ice cream machine in the beverage area as well. Décor is only OK.

There are a lot of choices and options for any Indian food lover. The Tandoori is flavorful and the naan bread is wonderful. Food is fresh and replenished frequently. Staff is friendly and helpful, and they come by frequently to clear finished plates.

My only complaint is that the buffet is so packed, it is hard to get in to see what is being served. People are so hungry, they are almost shoving to get what they want. That is the only unenjoyable part of this experience. However, I would definitely return in the future.

• Visited March 2013
Fort Worth/Dallas, TX
“EXCELLENT INDIAN FOOD BUFFET”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

We LOVE LOVE LOVE this place for its authentic Indian Cuisine and daily lunch buffet. We have been there dozens of times and every time the food has been fresh, tasty, and the restaurant is clean. The workers there are constantly cleaning everywhere and refilling the buffet entrees. We also enjoy the Bollywood movies playing on the TV in the front dining room. The entree choices change a little here and there but they are always delicious regardless. The buffet is very affordable, it costs around $10 and includes drinks and desserts. They even have a bowl of complimentary peppermint candies for you to grab on your way out, what a nice gesture.

• Visited January 2013