“Whataburger....what more can I say?”
Review of Whataburger

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Whataburger
Ranked #127 of 578 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American
Peoria, Illinois
“Whataburger....what more can I say?”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

First visit ever. As we drove into Texas I swear I saw more Whataburger's than McDonald's. It was put on our "to do" list of places to visit while here. When we entered the restaurant it felt like we stepped back in time a little bit. I couldn't pinpoint what felt so out of date but that feeling was there. The counter lady was friendly and patient as we looked over the menu to try to decide what to order. I had the Avocado Bacon Burger. It was served on Texas Toast....do they call it Texas Toast in Texas or is it just toast? It was very flavorful and tasty but I must admit to preferring slices of avocado to the mushed kind that was served on this burger. The rest of the family enjoyed plain cheeseburgers. Be sure to try to spicy ketchup on your fries!

I loved the focus on the customer at this location. Our food was brought out by the manager He even had a tray of condiments for us to choose from. A little bit later one of the other employees stopped to check on us and ever refilled my son's drink for him. One more visit from the manager before we left and I was impressed. Hope to stop in one more time before we leave town!

I would pick this over Micky D's anyday.

• Visited July 2013

Lewisville, Texas
“Very good burger”
Reviewed May 15, 2013

My wife and I ate here for the first time and were pleasantly surprised by the burger quality. We usually prefer Carl's or In N' Out. The cheese burger we split was very good as were the fries and we will definitely try this place again. Service was on a par with most fast food places and the dining area was roomy and clean.

• Visited May 2013
Kalamazoo, Michigan
“No Choice”
Reviewed December 29, 2012

I was stranded at a hotel with no choice but to goto the whataburger next door. What a mistake. My stomach is still paying for it. But i do have a new fondness for continental breakfasts at hotels. Lol!

• Visited December 2012
“when in Texas...”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

My fiancé convinced me that Whataburger is a Texan Institution and you can’t visit Texas without trying Whataburger.

The Whataburger experience is not like other big-name chain burger establishments – yes there are the generic burgers you can choose from – but they also allow you to build your own burger how you want it and the staff are genuinely interested (they don’t act like Stepford robots.)

We ordered the Jalapeno and cheese burger, the Whataburger with cheese, onion ring and fries. Like all things in Texas – Everything is bigger!! The burgers and size of the sides and drinks are massive!! The burgers were cooked to order – so you did have a small wait – but I’d rather that than be served something that had been sitting on the counter for who-knows how long.

And it works – the burgers tasted hot and fresh and because I’d never tried them before I didn’t know what to expect (when you eat at McD or BK – you have an expectation of what the burger will taste like and not everyone lives up to that expectation!) but I was pleasantly surprised at how they didn’t taste like burger-chain food.

For me it was like visiting the local fish and chip shop and ordering a hamburger how I wanted it, I’d give it another try if we’re ever back in Tx.

• Visited October 2012
Seattle, Washington
“I had the chicken sandwich”
Reviewed October 16, 2012

My husband LOVED the burger and it was big, but I got the chicken sandwich and it wasn't that great. It was like hard to chew and the flavors didn't taste right. The guy at the drive thru was super nice but kind of creepy. And when he accidently said 1st window, we go to it with no one there and swipe our card on the outside swipe machine which charged us for the other persons order, so dont do that.

Visited October 2012

Been to Whataburger? Share your experiences!