“The best thing I did in Texas”
Review of Gondola Adventures

Gondola Adventures
Ranked #1 of 4 Tours in Irving
More attraction details
Owner description: Gondola Adventures, Inc. provides private, romantic gondola cruises on Lake Carolyn and the Mandalay Canals in Irving (Las Colinas). Conveniently located close to both Dallas and Ft. Worth, this romantic experience for couples comes with chocolates and a beverage; we also offer lunch, dinner, appetizer, and dessert cruises. We can accommodate couples or small groups for all types of special events.
Wichita, Kansas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“The best thing I did in Texas”
Reviewed August 5, 2011

My challenge: Plan a date night in advance of our trip to Texas and keep it a surprise. I had saw the gondola rides mentioned in the Omni website as I booked the room for our vacation and it seemed like a perfect plan for a romantic night. I booked it for 7:45 to avoid the extreme heat yet still have some daylight left to enjoy the sights. After booking the ride online, I was contacted by Anne in their California office the next day to run through the details (that it was a surprise, that the cruise option chosen included chocolates and sparkling cider, that I had requested a rose, etc.) and confirm the logistics of meeting our gondolier (our gondolier was John, warm, friendly guy with a Texas accent who surprised us with his singing voice). The plan was to walk out the garden-level door at Trevi's restaurant and stroll to the dock, where our gondolier would meet us. The surprise worked out perfectly and we enjoyed an hour-long ride around the lake with quiet music playing and occasional serenading from John. And just as I has been told in Venice, kissing was encouraged as we passed under bridges. Other things had brought us to Texas, but for me, the thing I always will remember is the wonderfully happy look on my love's face as she glided around the lake. A most excellent date idea.

Visited June 2011
8 Thank k1d2

Dallas, Texas
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Fantastic Date Night, I would recommend it in a heartbeat!”
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Wow, the gondola exceeded my expectations! It was great to see a different side of Las Colinas from the canal. It was very private and wonderful. Our gondolier, Dallas was fantastic. He had the most amazing voice and his serenade made the trip. All I kept thinking was that we now have the perfect thing to do when family visits. Our kids would really enjoy it too. We will be back.

Visited July 2011
4 Thank adynamicspeaker

Been to Gondola Adventures? Share your experiences!