Tripadvisor
Irving
1,050 results
All reviews loft style cool hotel front desk rain shower pool area fire pit business trip las colinas close to the airport dfw airport concrete hip industrial lofts couch staycation meeting
Selected filters
Reviewed January 20, 2020

They don't tell you it's being renovated and charge you full price. Rooms are loud with echoing hammers. Water gets turned off sporadically for 20 minutes or more leaving you lathered with soap (which gave me a rash/burn). Staff seems sympathetic but do nothing but apologize.

• Trip type: Traveled solo
1  Thank James M
Cory_Randolph, General Manager at NYLO Las Colinas Hotel, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 21, 2020

Hello Mr. Mealer -

Please again accept our most sincerest apologies. We hope you received our Director of Operations' email expressing our apologies for the unfortunately unavoidable water shutdown and explaining that we had removed one night's room and tax from your room folio. Hopefully, our compensating your night's charges expressed our apologies appropriately and we hope you'll give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed January 16, 2020 via mobile

I had made a reservation at another hotel who oversold their rooms. That hotel made me a reservation here (along with a colleague). Aesthetically, this hotel is very cool looking. It’s very industrial with cement walls, floors, and ceilings. The decor is hip and minimalist.

That night my colleague texted me to say she had taken a shower but didn’t have any hot water. I didn’t think much of it. The next morning I woke up and took a shower. I had about 1.5-2mins of warm water, then it went cold. After quickly rinsing the shampoo in my hair I jumped out.

Because the floors are cement and there are few soft surfaces to absorb the noise, the hallways are echo-y. Also the guest staying above me was wearing high heels and it was loud through the ceiling when she got home late and apparently left in the early morning.

To the hotel’s credit, the staff was very friendly. It’s too bad about the hot water and noise.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank vaugkimb
Cory_Randolph, General Manager at NYLO Las Colinas Hotel, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2020

Thank you so much for staying with us. Please accept our most sincerest apologies for the unfortunate issue with our hot water earlier this week. Once we discovered the problem, we quickly made repairs and tested all rooms in the wing of the hotel affected.

We certainly hope you will give us another chance in the future.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

Think you want a New York "loft" experience ? Then skip this place .... I've stayed at virtually every Hilton property category in all their collections, and this place made me feel like I was staying in my son's dorm room .... Concrete floors, concrete ceilings, concrete walls, sparse furnishings, exposed plumbing, poor lighting .... There just wasn't much to like about it all .... It was cold, stark, and dark virtually everywhere throughout the property .... And forget having enough good lighting to get ready for any sort of formal event .... Oh, and the walls are paper thin, I might add .... Came back to the hotel late after the event and the guest in the room next door had fallen asleep with their TV turned on .... LOUD .... and the front desk said there was nothing they could do about it .... I was finally offered a new room, but I had already been in bed trying to sleep for almost an hour .... small consolation

• Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank Christopher C
Calvin-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at NYLO Las Colinas Hotel, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Thank you for staying with us at our hotel. We appreciate your honesty. We look for reviews to provide insight into our hotel and our guest room is an area we are actively examining. WE welcome any additional comments or suggestions you would like to share.

Reviewed January 13, 2020

the hotel is nice, except it is just too dark. Dark in lobby, in restaurant, in the room. The room is small, modern design, lots of concrete, but no mini fridge in room. Even with all lights on, it was dark in the room which made things little challenging.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Tapestry Collection by Hilton
John-HiltonHelp, on behalf of management at NYLO Las Colinas Hotel, Tapestry Collection by Hilton, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear KatalinHopkins,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We truly appreciate your feedback and regret that you found our hotel too dark. We will address your comments with our team as we work to improve our guest experience. Your input is genuinely helpful, and we hope you will come visit us in the future.

Reviewed January 10, 2020

I stayed at the NYLO Las Colinas Hotel for NYE. Everything was AMAZING!! Ms. Susan and her staff was amazing and very accomodating. The atmosphere and decor was modern and chic. The room was clean. The loft style really made you feel as if you were staying upstate. Def reffering my family and friends and booking with them in the future.