“New York in Las Colinas”

NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed June 30, 2013 via mobile

We have stayed at a few other NYLO hotels and this one did not disappoint. Love the industrial styling. Not really a "family" kinda place which was exactly what we were looking for. We are often in hotels with entire soccer teams crowding the pools and running up and down the halls. Industrial chic and great for adults!!! Will stay again! Love all the NYLO hotels!

• Stayed: June 2013
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2013

We thank you for continuing to be a loyal NYLO guest. NYLO was created to offer a unique hotel experience, and we’re glad that we delivered. And look out for our new properties opening up, starting with NYLO NYC.

Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here June 29. Check in was not smooth. We arrived at 4:10 or so, check in is at 3. The gentleman at the front desk advised they had to reset or reboot the system and it would be around 15 minutes, if we could wait in the bar, he would come and get us for check in. We decided to sit just past the elevators and proceeded to wait..and wait. About 30 minutes later I see a line start forming at the desk. I go ahead and get in line. About 5-6 people back. The gentleman who greeted us originally never acknowledged us. Once we got to the desk the process was quick and simple. I was glad I didn't go to the bar, we might still be waiting! Other than that one glitch, the hotel is nice and different from the norm. Rooms are small which was not an issue for us. Pool closes at ten so that was a little disappointing. Would we stay here again? If the price were right yes, overall nice place.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you again so much for your patience with us while we rebooted our system; we certainly apologize that unfortunately this was something we didn’t plan on, and thank you so much for your understanding with us. We’re extremely glad that we were able to turn the rest of your stay around for you, and that you enjoyed your NYLO experience. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2013 via mobile

Not for families traveling with small children. The room had Concrete floors. We didn't stay there. My husband checked us out before the kids arrived. I don't have much to complain about besides the concrete floors wasn't displayed on advertisement.

1  Thank Brittany W
Reviewed June 24, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for our 16th anniversary. Ramon (spell?) checked us in and he was just the first of many friendly employees. I appreciate good customer service and that alone would have me coming back. The entire vibe of the hotel is trendy and fun. We had several things planned to do while in Dallas and frankly had the most fun hanging out by the pool drinking cocktails. The room was small but awesome and the bed was very comfortable. I loved not being in a cookie-cutter hotel room. You really get great service and atmosphere and the price was outstanding. The only negative I can say about our stay was that the bathroom was not completely private. There is an open space above the shower (the shower was awesome!) that causes the bathroom to not be soundproof. That can ruin the romance for sure especially when you have to ask your partner to turn up the TV or leave the room! We worked around it and loved our stay. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Happy 16th Anniversary! We’re extremely honored that you chose to share this momentous occasion with our NYLO family. We thank you so much for your kudos for Ramon. You’re right – there’s nothing more relaxing than a good night’s sleep on our NYLO NYTE bed, only to wake up and relax at our beautiful pool. We hope to see you again for Anniversary #17.

Reviewed June 24, 2013

Exceptionally well designed hotel. Very modern industrial styling, really enjoyed staying in the rooms.

Rooms themselves are good, if a little short on space to hang clothes. Bathroom has an interesting sliding door opening, and the shower is through a glass wall from the main room. Note there is no bath though.

Facilities are good, free (very fast) wifi and free (although small, but well equipped) gym.

Bar/restaurant offer good food (I did not have myself, but my colleague enjoyed the large sushi menu).

Only downside was my dry cleaning was not returned the same day I handed it in, but was available early the next morning. However, staff were very helpful with dealing with it.

Would certainly stay again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your kind words. We certainly strive to offer our guests a unique loft experience here at NYLO – something you won’t find anywhere else. And you’re right, we don’t nickel and dime on such amenities as WiFi or fitness center access. Did you know we even offer complimentary local and domestic long distance phone calls? We’re so sorry about the snafu with your laundry and work hard to make sure that such slip-ups are eliminated. And we hope you’ll get a chance to enjoy our LOFT Restaurant yourself some time. In addition to a great sushi menu, we also offer an excellent selection of contemporary American dishes. We thank you again for staying with us and hope you’ll join us again soon.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

I can't explain how incredible this hotel was. I really can't. My husband is a gamer...and so for his birthday, I took him to Dallas to attend the MLG. I got an incredible deal on this hotel. We paid $90 tonight to really, enjoy the best hotel I have been to in a very very long time.
The staff was attentive and kind. The hotel was super contemporary, with chairs hanging from the ceiling, and a relaxing waterfall of a showerhead. The bed felt better than a temperpedic. Honestly this was the best night of sleep I believe I have ever had.
My husband and I will definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for such a raving review! We’re here because we love to serve our guests and want you to enjoy your NYLO experience as much as we do. If you’re ever interested in our NYLO NYTE beds and want to bring a little piece of NYLO home with you, you can go to www.beddingconcierge.com and purchase your own NYLO bed for home. Hopefully we’ll see you again before next year’s MLG.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

It was a nice hotel, I read the reviews so i wasn't suprised by some of what others found. I'd stay here again if i'm ever back in the area. We had a group rate for a wedding and it was very reasonable.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2013

Thank you for selecting NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas to host your recent visit. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed our hotel and we hope to see you again soon!

Stay Unique,