“Deceptive Web-site”

Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Silaom Springs, Arkansas
“Deceptive Web-site”
Reviewed March 1, 2013

I had pre-booked this hotel after searching for lodging for an overnight in DFW after over 30 hours of travel from Europe with an early departure the next morning. Web-site of hotel indicates 'shuttle', maybe I should have verified that included to/from airport. After landing DFW, I called the hotel when I was told they didn't provide an airport shuttle. Taxi was $25-$30 each way, which would have added $50-$60 to my stay.

Room Tip: Rooms may have been nice, service okay, value good - but I'll never know. Verify accuracy of we...
Stayed February 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Teresa871
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, March 4, 2013
Good Day Teresa871,

Thank you for choosing NYLO hotels to host your most recent visit to Dallas. We greatly appreciate your feedback as honest feedback from guests like yourself helps us grow as a brand. I sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding our shuttle service description on our website. I have confirmed that the website does state that our facility offers free shuttle transportation to local corporate offices and points of interest within a five-miles radius of the hotel. Please feel free to email me at mlmessina@nylohotels.com if I can be of assistance.

Best Regards,
Marc Messina

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Roswell, New Mexico
Reviewed February 28, 2013

This is our second time to stay at NYLO, Las Colinas, and it did not let us down again. Slick and modern as you enter the lobby. The desk is located right in front of you as you enter the door. I hate having to go look for the desk when you've been on the road for eight hours. Very efficient desk staff who had our reservation ready and waiting for us. I too will rave about the beds which are the most comfortable I've slept in except for my personal one.

Restaurant and bar clean and comfortable.

Rooms are clean and sparse which our first stay kind of got us off guard but overall is a great concept. Clean and comfortable.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Roger W
Fort Collins, Colorado
Reviewed February 27, 2013

I recently had to make a trip to see a hospitalized family memeber. NYLO was suggested and from the moment I made reservations I was treated with courtesy and kindness. The hotel is immaculate with a fun, progressive enviornment. The amenities were amazing. The hotel staff was the best that I have ever encountered and I travel extensively for work. The check in clerk arranged to keep my luggage that was due to come in later in the evening. I was given directions to wonderful places to eat and routes to the hospital. When it came time to check out a cab had been arranged and was waiting for me. I not only highly recommend NYLO as a fabulous hotel I am looking forward to returning there to take advantage of a few of the amenities I did not have time to enjoy the first time around. Try it, you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Lisa D
New Braunfels, Texas
Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am a youth pastor and took a team of students and leaders to the NYLO. They were blown away at the trendy, well serviced, and modern feel of the place. It was a great treat for them and a place I trusted being my second time. We were also a couple miles from Irving Bible Church, where we attended a conference. Oh yea, and IN & OUT BURGER is a block away!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank Brandon B
Woodinville, Washington
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have stayed here twice in the last month and it is an incredible disappointment. The first stay was was family and it is drfinately NOT geared up for family stays. We were travelling with a ten month old and they were ill-prepared fos us, despite prior warning. Second stay, bar service was so bad, I walked away without ordering food. Poor, just poor. On both occasions, rooms near noisy ice machines; wireless internet slow and patchy in room. Rooms are concrete, and lack of carpets and wall coverings makes them amplify every noise. The hotel has few amenities or decent restuarants nearby, so car essential. Even on business travel, its not worth the money. Finally, the breakfast is poor standard.

1 Thank TheEnglishOn172
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 28, 2013
Thank you for your candid feedback. I apologize for the service you received in the restaurant & the noise you encountered in your guest room. Such incidents are embarrassing to say the least and not our service culture. Please touch base with me regarding your experience – mlmessina@nylohotels.com.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 19, 2013

I enjoyed the industrial, warm,vibrant hotel. This is was something truly different. I brought my future hubby for his birthday and we loved it. We arrived early, had to wait about an hour and half, but we were accommodated for our early check in. We had breakfast and played a little pool, took a cat nap in the library area and then off to our room. Very comfortable bed, fun shower with the mirror extending from the sink into the shower. I would definitely come back to Dallas and stay there again!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Covington22
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed February 16, 2013

I stayed here one night for business and I was so pleasantly surprised! I travel a LOT for work and have stayed in more boutique and chain hotels than I can recall. The decor is super modern without being stuffy. The staff was all incredible nice and helpful. The rooms were such a nice departure from your typical hotel room - no ugly bedding, tacky carpets, gross draperies. The hotel is also energy-efficient which you have to love! We dined in the restaurant where the food was very good. I also used their business center which was very convenient for printing out our boarding pass ahead of time. I will absolutely be looking for a NYLO hotel on my next trip. I highly recommend this hotel for anyone who is tired of boring hotels and mediocre customer service!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West
Wingate By Wyndham Las Colinas
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Been to NYLO Irving / Las Colinas? Share your experiences!