“Nice hotel unfriendly staff”

NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed January 2, 2013 via mobile

Cozy hotel but no so friendly staff. Me and my boyfriend brought in the New Year's in at this hotel. The music in lounge that night sucked so me, boyfriend and a fee friends went back to room to enjoy the rest of the New Year by listening to a Bose stereo came with room within minutes hotel security showed up at our door and said we were too loud. Really this is New Year's Eve and the also have a party going on downstairs. thr hotel is nice but what is the point of going to all of these high tech electronic equipment in room and you cant use them. Also needs a new and improved staff..............,......................

• Stayed: December 2012
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded January 12, 2013

Greetings 1sagitonda,

Thank you for taking the time to express your feedback with us on TripAdvisor. Our goal is to provide every guest with a comfortable, relaxing, and fun stay - and feedback like yours is extremely important to us. My Director of Operations had the pleasure of speaking with you regarding your visit with us and am happy to hear that the issues were rectified.

Please let me know if your travels should bring you back to Dallas, as I will have my team create a signature NYLO experience.

There are newer reviews for NYLO Irving / Las Colinas

Reviewed January 2, 2013

We booked our room here for New Year's Eve. They advertised a NYE special with a free appetizer & live music in the bar area/lounge. Upon our arrival, we noticed all the tables were reserved. Nobody told us we needed to reserve a table. Decided to play pool & none of the 3 pool sticks even had tips on them. So cheap! Didn't even have music in pool area or in back bar area. This is NYE people - be prepared. There was 1 bartender working & maybe 3 waitresses total. Couldn't get anybody to take our order or find somewhere to sit. The waitresses told us we couldn't order food from them. The bartender ignored us. Other customers were also very upset & informed us they had ordered their drinks or food over an hour ago & still hadn't gotten anything. Talked to the front desk personnel & of course didn't have a manager on duty & they couldn't do anything about it. Tried to get room service for food - they didn't have room service on NYE. Finally decided we'd take the free shuttle that was advertised on the website to a local bar/restaurant. Only to find out they weren't running the shuttle on NYE. The employee even informed us the manager had taken that off the website just that day!!!! What a crock. NYLO is full of false advertising. What a rip off. Tried to order pizza & all the restaurants in the area were closed!!!! Worst. New. Years. Eve. EVER!!!! Will never go back to a NYLO hotel & will tell all our friends never to go there!!! The rooms were clean. However, they are fully concrete so could hear everything in the hallway & other rooms. No privacy. Very small rooms.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded January 14, 2013

Greetings lovetoeatinonmaha,

Reviewed December 31, 2012

My partner and I live minutes from this hotel. We decided to rent the largest suite in the hotel for my birthday. We chose the hotel since it was modern and had a bar. First the bar doesn't open till 4 pm and closes at 9pm. When they closed We decided to go upstairs to the suite and hang out. The room was equipped with a BOSE musicwave sound system and We were playing it (mind it was not even at half level).We had a terrace but it was shared. It was massive and.only had 4 chairs and a table. At around 11 pm We were visited by hotel security and were told it was too loud. We then turned down the music which defeats the purpose of equipping a hotel room with such a system. About an hour later the hotel security came by and said that were holding our conversations too loud. This is a suite and the sole purpose of renting this room was for my birthday. The hotel bar was closed and there are zero bars walking distance or driving.. We should have saved our money because We could have done all this at home without being hounded by security on a Saturday night. THIS HOTEL PROMOTES TO BEING HIP AND A PARTY PLACE BUT DON'T WASTE YOUR SPECIAL OCCASION HERE.. at the end of the night We left the room and went back home. Thanks for a ruined birthday Nylo. I'll stick to the westin next time.

• Stayed: December 2012
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded January 11, 2013

sperez915,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you encountered during your visit to the hotel. In regards to the Loft hours of operation, we typically are open later but given the holidays we did change to our holiday hours during the period you had visited us. We truly value your candid comments, please be assured that I have reviewed your comments with my team.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

Stay here not too long ago with my fiancé and loved it!! Everyone we encountered had a great attitude! Defiantly had a very groovy, New York feel. Love the bed and pool area, two fav parts!! Kellen had exceptional service, seemed to see him the from the time I woke up till the time i went to sleep, and always had a smile on his face... Pretty cool. Ricky in the bar was on point with all drinks and had a awesome can do attitude!! LOVE THIS PLACE!!!!!

• Stayed: November 2012
2  Thank Airborne12
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2013

Greetings,

Thank you for the amazing feedback. I am very pleased to read that you and your fiance enjoyed visiting the hotel. I have also commended Kellen and Ricky for their outstanding service to you during your stay!

We hope to see you again in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact us directly if we can ever be of service.

Stay Unique,

Reviewed December 21, 2012

Because it is new-ish and the floors do not have carpet, the room felt like one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. I liked the loft and minimalist concept, yet it was still comfortable. The only downside is that because of the brick walls and cement floors, the noise level of other guests was louder than at other hotels (can hear doors shut, walking in rooms). Also, the restaurant/bar closed at 9 p.m. - which was disappointing because I wanted to check it out.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded January 7, 2013

I appreciate your candid feedback and am disappointed to to read your experience did not exceed your expectations. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the noise level; such incident is acknowledged and will look into appropriate solutions so that such incidents do not occur in the future.

Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a nice night away with my fiancé. We booked the sky view room and while we were their we heard the front desk man give someone the room for $50 less. I don't know the circumstances but it was a little annoying. The room was nice on first look and a lot of square footage with a nice shared outdoor area. On closer inspection I was disappointed. The TV in the livingroom area did not work at all. The TV in the bedroom was not very impressive either. We didn't get all the channels and some we only got voice with no picture. We were disappointed that they didn't have any pay per view movies with the lack of tv options. The bed wasn't very comfortable and the towels were very poor quality. The bathroom wasn't very clean and the vent was full of dust. I was disappointed that we paid $350 for this room and it was a huge waste of money. I have stayed in a $300 room and this was not it. When we told the staff about the conditions of our room they didn't seem to care or offer to rectify the situation. Needless to say as "cool" as this hotel is I would rather stayed at a holiday inn at least then it wouldn't have costed so much and led to disappointment.

luckygirl8596,

Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the televisions and cleanliness of the bathroom; such incidents are not the NYLO standard. I will make sure the appropriate department heads are aware of your experience so that such incidents do not occur again in the future.

Reviewed December 14, 2012

I just wanted to take the time to express how much I enjoyed my visit at the Loft bar! Such a cool and trendy vibe and incredible service. I was greeted by Ricky and Barbara behind the bar and both seemed to be enjoying their jobs and working perfectly together. I also enjoyed the sushi selections with a real sushi chef in the bar! How cool is that? I will definately be back with my coworkers and friends because now I have found a local place to unwind and relax!

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Melissa C

Good Day Melissa C,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. I am happy to hear that your visit was wonderfully delightful.

I am also pleased that you found Ricky and Barbara both outstanding, please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Stay Unique,