New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #6 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Houston, Texas
“Ok stay”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Because it is new-ish and the floors do not have carpet, the room felt like one of the cleanest rooms I have ever stayed in. I liked the loft and minimalist concept, yet it was still comfortable. The only downside is that because of the brick walls and cement floors, the noise level of other guests was louder than at other hotels (can hear doors shut, walking in rooms). Also, the restaurant/bar closed at 9 p.m. - which was disappointing because I wanted to check it out.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 stars
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
I appreciate your candid feedback and am disappointed to to read your experience did not exceed your expectations. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the noise level; such incident is acknowledged and will look into appropriate solutions so that such incidents do not occur in the future.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

General Manager, NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Texas
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012 via mobile

I recently stayed here for a nice night away with my fiancé. We booked the sky view room and while we were their we heard the front desk man give someone the room for $50 less. I don't know the circumstances but it was a little annoying. The room was nice on first look and a lot of square footage with a nice shared outdoor area. On closer inspection I was disappointed. The TV in the livingroom area did not work at all. The TV in the bedroom was not very impressive either. We didn't get all the channels and some we only got voice with no picture. We were disappointed that they didn't have any pay per view movies with the lack of tv options. The bed wasn't very comfortable and the towels were very poor quality. The bathroom wasn't very clean and the vent was full of dust. I was disappointed that we paid $350 for this room and it was a huge waste of money. I have stayed in a $300 room and this was not it. When we told the staff about the conditions of our room they didn't seem to care or offer to rectify the situation. Needless to say as "cool" as this hotel is I would rather stayed at a holiday inn at least then it wouldn't have costed so much and led to disappointment.

• Stayed December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
luckygirl8596,

Thank you for the review and your comments regarding your recent visit to NYLO Hotel. I apologize for the issues you encountered with the televisions and cleanliness of the bathroom; such incidents are not the NYLO standard. I will make sure the appropriate department heads are aware of your experience so that such incidents do not occur again in the future.

If I can be of any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly.

Fort Worth, Texas
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

I just wanted to take the time to express how much I enjoyed my visit at the Loft bar! Such a cool and trendy vibe and incredible service. I was greeted by Ricky and Barbara behind the bar and both seemed to be enjoying their jobs and working perfectly together. I also enjoyed the sushi selections with a real sushi chef in the bar! How cool is that? I will definately be back with my coworkers and friends because now I have found a local place to unwind and relax!

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank Melissa C
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Good Day Melissa C,

Thank you for your amazing feedback. I am happy to hear that your visit was wonderfully delightful.

I am also pleased that you found Ricky and Barbara both outstanding, please be assured that I have forward your kudos to the team!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Sugar Land, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2012

I haven't stayed at the NYLO, but have dined there twice now and both were really terrific experiences. The whole place is funky, of course, so it's a fun environment. The quality of our meals were exceptional and the prices are reasonable. Both times there was live music and that was fun, although it can be a bit loud and difficult to talk with dinner companions. The patio and poolside area looks quite inviting with the right weather. I'll definitely be back.

Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Greetings Bruce H,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback during your visit to The LOFT Restaurant & Lounge. I am happy you had two delightful experiences while dinning with us.

We hope to see you again in the near future. Always feel free to contact us directly if we can ever be of future service.

Hants, Uk
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

This is a very differently designed hotel, concrete walls, floors and ceilings left deliberately bare. The rooms are by the nature of the hotel somewhat identikit but clean and comfortable and well laid out. I didn't venture into the pool on this occasion but it could be seen steaming well in the early mornings. No comments on the food as we didn't eat in aside from the usual uninspiring typical U.S breakfasts.
Location is good for the nearby business parks and a short taxi ride from the airport, little else in the neighborhood without a taxi trip out.
Certainly clean, comfortable and somewhat different but staff and service all good. Well worth a visit

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 11, 2012
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor! I am happy you had a delightful visit to NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas. I am also pleased that you received great service and enjoyed the hotel.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly.

Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 5 nights. The main reason for choosing this hotel was that it was closed to my office in Irving. Staff is very friendly as at most of the hotels in US. One thing I was surprised that there's no room service at all. I am using room quite regularly especially after long day at work, but here I had to force myself to down to hotel restaurant to get a dinner. Food at hotel's restaurant is nothing specific, but just okay. It's typical american food - so it depends on you if you like or not. Sound insulation is not good, so any noise from neighbour rooms comes to your room very easily. Gym at the hotel is average, but it's good there's at least some kind of gym. Overall, hotel is clean and ok place to stay few nights. If I need to decide to stay at this hotel next, I wouldn't be so sure.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 stars
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, December 3, 2012
Greetings Sinisyuyu,

Thank you for sharing your detailed experience with us on TripAdvisor. I'm happy to read that my team was attentive and that we showed our NYLO culture during your visit. As you have wrote we do not have room service, but do have grab & go system in place for The Loft.

We hope to see you again in the near future, and as always please feel free to contact me directly if I can be of future service.

Abilene, Texas
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

We were starting out a long weekend to Las Vegas for our friends' wedding. The four of us decided to stay by DFW to avoid long drive early am. We arrived around 9:00 pm and were told a computer glitch would not allow us to check in. So we went to the Loft restaurant where we waited longer than I would have expected for service. EXTREMELY pricey for mediocre drinks and food. Around 11:30 pm and over $200 later we pretty much insisted on a room. The front desk clerk tried his best but was still struggling to get into his computer system. Having worked the front desk at an upscale hotel, I was flabbergasted that there was no MOD (manager on duty) for the property. This had been going on for hours! We were offered nothing more than an apology. The design of the hotel was unique - the loft architecture interesting - the bed comfortable - but the hotel made no effort at all to make up for our inconvenience. We would never stay here again nor can I recommend it to anyone. The hotel tries too hard to be cool.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Toni W
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Toni W,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the issues you encountered at check-in. In regards to system being down, our agents do try their very best to accommodate all guests during this time. We did have a MOD on property, but I apologize that she was not present on floor during the time you tried checking into the hotel.

We would love the opportunity to turn your okay stay into a signature NYLO experience! Please touch base when your travels should bring you back to Dallas.

NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
NYLO Dallas South Side
#39 of 200 in Dallas
4.0 of 5 stars 490 reviews
Downtown Dallas
Omni Dallas Hotel
Omni Dallas Hotel
#5 of 200 in Dallas
4.5 of 5 stars 5,275 reviews

Been to NYLO Irving / Las Colinas? Share your experiences!