“OMG!!! 50 Shades meets IKEA”

NYLO Irving / Las Colinas
Ranked #8 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Carnesville, Georgia
“OMG!!! 50 Shades meets IKEA”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

This hotel was so unbelievably great. We had a fantastic time. Everyone was so personable and fun! Black metal diamond plating in the elevators and stainless steel with a very industrial feel. Very fun furniture everywhere fromthe lobby to the guestrooms. The room was simple but so comfortable. The bed is to die for, soft and comfy with five pillows on the bedYour bedmate can watch you shower from the bed or the couch. Really cool eco-sense hotel that requires one of your door keys inserted into a sensor to keep the electricity on in the room. Great adjustable "mood lighting" The Loft restaurant downstairs has great food from breakfast to dinner and is reasonably priced. Happy hour specials and sushi that is some of the freshest we have ever had. The new york strip steak I ordered was able to be cut with the butter knife. Kobe beef sliders and strong cocktails make for a great night. Live entertainment that was just the right mood for our evenings. Outdoor areas with heated pools and cabana areas lend themselves to privacy and great fun... We will be back soon!!!!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnthonysSweetie
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
AnthonysSweetie,

Thank you for the amazing feedback! I am so glad you enjoyed visiting NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas. I am also happy to read that your recent stay at the hotel was thoroughly pleasurable from your guest room to the tasty bites at The LOFT!

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future, and always feel free to contact us directly if we can be of future service.

NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
VA
Reviewed November 19, 2012

As many other reviewers have noted this hotel offers a good alternative for those who enjoy modern architecture and design. The interior is pretty stark, with the now famous concrete walls and ceilings giving a 'New York Loft' look and feel. This is certainly not your average chain hotel.

The common rooms are all decorated in a similar style with interesting furniture providing highlights.

The breakfast / dinner / bar / area is similarly decorated. This presents some challenges at breakfast as some of the furniture, although very decorative, is not always very functional. the breakfast itself is pretty average. A warm buffet of eggs, bacon and sausage is available, together with cereals, fruit and various breads.

The bedrooms are concrete cells with a comfortable bed, one large window, and a good shower.

I would agree that service is best described as 'unenthusiastic'. There are excepetions. The bar staff on a busy Thursday night worked hard to keep up on a busy night. However the check in team, and other staff members encountered, were not always so enthusiastic.

One final word re the housekeeping crew. I was very impressed with the standard of their work.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
BritinVA,

Thank you for the detailed feedback. I am pleased that overall you enjoyed your your visit to NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas.

In regards to the Breakfast buffet, we are redefining this service and your feedback is greatly appreciated as we will use it to make it better.

All in all, thank you for your comments. Please touch base when your travels return you to Dallas.

Best Regards,

Granger, IN
Reviewed November 18, 2012

My flight was canceled so found myself needing a last-minute hotel near the airport. I found NYLO using 'Hotel Tonight' app on my iPad and could not have been happier. This place is very, very cool. Did I say it is cool?

It's not the homey type of hotel my wife would enjoy, but instead very urban, stained concrete, elevated beds, low lighting and more.

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank faithntim9890
NYLOManagement, General Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
faithntim9890,

We are very pleased you found NYLO on Hotel Tonight and were able to accommodate you during your visit to DFW! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us on TripAdvisor and we are excited to hear that your overall experience was wonderfully delightful!

Please let us know when your travels should bring you back to Dallas, as I will have our team create a signature NYLO experience for you.

Bethel, Connecticut
Reviewed November 17, 2012

I was in Dallas for my college reunion October 26 - October 29, 2012. Sandy came through so I wasn't able to get back home and with a Distressed Passenger voucher and the recommendation of an AA ticket agent, I went to NYLO. I normal hotel would have been depressing. This place was awesome, although I confess I was dubious when the van pulled up because there were clearly Halloween decorations that I could see through the window. I was like "uhhhhh - well....." but I walked in and said to the desk guy, "This is the perfect place to get me through what I dealt with this afternoon."

I was only there Sunday through Tuesday becuase it made more sense to go stay at a friend's for several more days, but I could have stayed there the whole time. I loved the room - it was a big, comfortable bed with a funky couch and the shower head was the size of a salad plate.

There was a library that had bookshelves full of books and funky groupings for talk and cocktails. The dining room was also funky - retro, stark, with warm lighting, pillows and little TVs in the booths and tall tables/chairs by the bar.

I LOVED the music playing in the background. When I was in college there, the West End had a bar called The Stark Club. It was a large, reno'd warehouse room with a bar at the end and funky lighting. The groupings were separated by white sheets. The dance floor was big, and down a half flight of stairs with a railing around it so you could lean over and see the floor. It was the kind of place where you could dance with your friend, with 10 people, or get into your own music trance dancing by yourself. The music there was the same kind of music NYLO plays. It's sort of low-key, alternative.

SERVICE/STAFF: I notice that most of the reviews say negative things about those who work there. I can see how that would be - becuase it sort of goes with the energy of the place - but I didn't experience that. But I am talkative and very friendly, anticipated I might have problems and need help becuase of the circumstances, and so I made a point of talking with everyone (also about how I loved the place) and learning names. As a result, I found everyone very friendly.

The decor is cool. It's very reno warehouse-y with cool chairs etc. One day was really warm so I went out by the pool and sat in one of the little canopied bed/couches with pillows and had a glass of wine and read my book.

I mean really - I just could have hung out there for a week and been fine. I loved the funkiness of it, the music was right up my alley, the staff was friendly. In fact, I'd plan my next trip around a NYLO hotel - there's one in Rhode Island and that's close enough to where I am with some fun stuff and a great beach and sightseeing close by - if I ever leave the hotel! ANd did I say the food is excellent?

Room Tip: It's hard to find - according to two of my friends who live in HIghland Park and anticipated it...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank jujubee2259
Greetings Jujubee2259,

Thank you for the fantastic feedback! I am happy you had a relaxing three nights at the NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas!

I am also pleased that you found the NYLO team outstanding. I will definitely share your kudos with our associates!

Please touch base when you are ready to escape again at NYLO, as I will have my team create a signature NYLO experience for you!

Excelsior, Minnesota
Reviewed November 15, 2012 via mobile

A complete change of pace for me. The concrete walls, floors, and ceilings were unusual. Hip looking furniture made from laminated plywood. Good bed, quiet room. Staff is very new and not fully trained yet - cab request didn't happen, bar tender didn't know prices, keys weren't coded correctly the first time. Overall a pleasant stay once I got past the feeling of sleeping in the basement of an office building.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Mark L
Mark L,

Thank you for your candid comments. Our goal is to provide every guest with a comfortable, relaxing and fun stay – and feedback like yours is extremely important to us, particularly as a new hotel brand that is continuously tweaking and refining. I appreciate your added comment about our associates and our key cards activation process. Be assured I’ve passed your suggestion along to the appropriate department heads to further look into.

Thank you again for staying with us. We look forward to hosting your next visit to the Dallas area. Feel free to contact myself directly if I can ever be of service.

Best Regards,

Trenton
Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

Only ten minute drive from DFW, front desk very very friendly and welcoming. Loved the modern decor throughout the hotel. Bed super comfy, platform style made for unique look. Only drawback, no reg, coffee in room, had to go to dining room every morning.outdoor pool very cool and with cabanas very private. Wanted to stay longer and would definitely go back. Highly recommend :)

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Katherine F
NYLOManagement, Public Relations Manager at NYLO Irving / Las Colinas, responded to this review, November 13, 2012
Hello Katherine F,

Thank you for the amazing feedback! I am so glad that you enjoyed visiting NYLO Dallas/Las Colinas. I am also happy to read that your recent stay at the hotel was delightfully wonderful. I have informed the appropriate department leader regarding the coffee not being available to you in your guest room.

Please touch base when your travels return to Dallas/Las Colinas, as we would love you see you again in the near future!

Maegan Smith
San Francisco, California
Reviewed November 7, 2012

I stay at this hotel often and there are many things I enjoy about it. For weary travelers, there's nothing better than the incredible showers and tempting beds. And for those reasons alone, I would be giving it a better score. But what disappoints me is the staff's attitude. Whether it's at check-in (when the staff should be giving their utmost effort to greet and welcome you) or at the end of your stay at check out, they seem like they can barely be bothered to look up and greet you. For some reason, there's always an attitude that they are "too cool" and very busy.....even when there's four of them behind the desk and the lobby is empty. It's a shame. Such a cool property and the attitude just doesn't match. Lately, it seems like little things are slipping. No iron in the room (I had to wait 45 minutes for them to bring one) and odd little things like no pens to go with the stationary. The kind gentleman (probably housekeeping or maintenance) was the nicest person I had encountered there my entire stay. No matter how great the amenities are sometimes the way you are treated.......... matters the most.

Room Tip: Try to avoid the rooms with double beds, the showers are smaller and have weird shower curtains that...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Souverain29,

Thank you for the review. I apologize for the lack of service you received from our Front Desk team. Such incidents are embarrassing to say the least and is not the NYLO standard. Please be assured that I have informed the appropriate department head of your experience and so that such incidents do not occur again in the future. Please feel free to contact me directly if I can ever be of future service.

Kindest Regards,
Maegan Smith
Social Media Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas
Hyatt Place Dallas/Las Colinas
HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas
NYLO Dallas South Side
NYLO Dallas South Side
#43 of 204 in Dallas
Wingate By Wyndham Dallas / Las Colinas
The Westin Dallas Fort Worth Airport

Been to NYLO Irving / Las Colinas? Share your experiences!