“A Wise Decision”

Ranked #42 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Incline Village, Nv
“A Wise Decision”
Reviewed March 26, 2013

My husband and I were visiting family and grandchildren in the Dallas area. Originally we were booked to stay at an Extended Stay Deluxe near our son. After a couple of nights there we were totally disgusted and changed to this hotel in Irving. Wow, what a difference. The staff here were pleasant, friendly, accommodating. The hotel was clean and quiet. Our room was also clean and the bed was incredibly comfortable. The rate for the king bed suite was fair. When we had to fly out of DFW Airport we had only a five minute drive there from this hotel.

It was a refreshing experience staying at this hotel after a very unpleasant stay at the previous hotel. The management here knows what they are doing. We will very likely stay here in the future when visiting our son and grandchildren.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank godsbooboo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
SE Washington State
Reviewed March 13, 2013

When we arrived after a long trip we were impressed with the quality of the lobby area. However, we were told that they were oversold and, in spite of the fact that we had a prepaid reservation, we were being moved to another hotel. So they handed us paperwork for a transfer to another hotel, which turned out to be quite rundown and unacceptable. We were sent to another property, with the same result. So we asked for and received a refund. In total, we wasted over two precious hours with a relocation that should have never happened.

Room Tip: Avoid at busy times as your reservation may well not be honored.
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Double0Seven
Texas
Reviewed February 4, 2013

We stayed the night before we flew to Cancun. For just 5 dollars a day, were able to park our car here on the parking lot. We caught a free hotel shuttle to the airport that runs every 30 minutes. The rooms were clean, and the breakfast was good. Free USA today, and Wall Street Journal. My only complaint was that the internet here is extremly slow. Bring an Air Card if you need to do any work on your laptop.

Room Tip: Call ahead in advance.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jim45Texas
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed February 1, 2013

Stayed here due to all the other hotels being full, as there was a large conference on, and I booked 2 days before. Firstly I have to say that "Kent" on the front desk was very good, he help a great deal, from the moment I arrived, from telling where to go to dinner, (nothing in house!!!!!) to organising transport.
I didn't have a car, so options are very, very limited!!!
You can go to the burger place next door, or to the Embassy Suites across the road for something to eat. I pick the Embassy Suite. I will stay there next time.
My room was at the end of the hall, sort of facing the pool but backing onto the back car park, so didn't feel so safe as I was on the ground floor. Breakfast was, well how do I describe it? "on the go" You don't spend much time there.
Rooms clean but dark, comfortable, towels in the bathroom where too small, more like hand towels.
Airconditioner right next to the bed so you are either very cold or very hot, I stayed 2 nights so I had both.
Getting back to the airport, I booked a transfer at 5.30, someone else did the same, we got the transfer at 6.10pm after complaining at the driver turned up. I was sitting there from 5.15 until then. They told me he had come i n to check. Seeing I was by the door, with someone else waiting, that was rubbish.
The planes going over at 2am didn't help with sleeping
Will not be there again

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed January 25, 2013

This is one my favorite hotels in the DFW area. The staff is awesome, the location is near perfect, and the Whataburger fast food franchise just outside the door is perfect if you need a late breakfast in a hurry. I love this Hotel and believe you will to!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank wfrieze88
Cleburne, Texas
Reviewed January 14, 2013

Rooms are clean and roomy, but mirror at sink is tiny. We had signed up for the shuttle at 6 am, and were running late, so they didn't wait. Would have had to wait an hour for the next one, so we took a cab. Everything else was fine b

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank MattL41
Kalamazoo, Michigan
Reviewed December 20, 2012

I stay at this franchise of hotels all across the country. Was not to happy with this one. Shuttle service is horrible. I got stranded for hours cause the driver "forgot" about me. And serving the comp breakfast later then usual doesn't make it convenient for those that goto work or have to catch an early flight. Otherwise the staff at the desk were excellent and the rooms average.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled on business