“The Steak and the Wine Rocked!”

The Ranch at Las Colinas
Reserve with OpenTable
The Ranch at Las Colinas is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 583 Restaurants in Irving
Cuisines: American, Southwestern, Steakhouse
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Bar scene, Local cuisine, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: 114 and MacArthur
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Probably the best steak - Boned Ribeye - I have eaten in a long time combined with good sides and an excellent wine from a superb wine list. Service was outstanding. We sat back on the Terrace with a big group and had simply a great time with good food. Both waiter and also the chef were making the eveing something to remember.

There are newer reviews for The Ranch at Las Colinas

Reviewed May 7, 2013

When my wife and I come back from a vacation, we end our it with a great meal at home to remember how good things are here in Dallas. Although we like Italian, Indian, and Thai food, nothing says home like 'New American' food!

Some favorites come to mind like Pappas Bros Steakhouse and Ocean Prime, but those are pretty pricey. Therein comes The Ranch at Las Colinas. This isn't TGI Fridays or Chilis; this is more like a Houston's Restaurant. High-quality ingredients and well executed food. If something isn't right, they ALWAYS make it right.

I would suggest ordering tapas style when you come here so you can experience a little bit of everything.

Some of my favorites are the fried oysters, fish tacos, sausage&goat cheese flatbread, pecan pie, and now fried apple pie. They use Henry's ice cream, good quality goat cheese, house smoked sausage, and have a great half-price wine selection on Saturday nights.

Definitely worth a try on Saturday night. You can snag GOOD bottles of wine for good prices such as 7 Deadly Zines, Stag's Leap Merlot, Gascon Malbec Reserve. Might as well pay a little extra and have that bottle of wine you've been wanting to try OUT rather than in your home.

The service here has been very good to excellent, and that says a lot about Management. Consistency keeps us coming back. If you are tired of going to places where the wait staff forgot that they are waiters, come here.

Although this is a suburban location, we still drive here from Addison to dine. It's the same distance from Addison to Uptown so that should tell ya something.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

Dined here for a second time in several weeks. We were seated promptly the first time and about 20 mins past our reservation the second... not a huge deal as they were attentive. On a Thursday, there were several large tables reserved and the entire patio was booked for a private corporate event. Host staff was very friendly. Note: Opentable had no opening online for timeslot, but I called directly and made reservation for the time I wanted.

Appetizers are good... Onion rings/queso were nice starters. We again ordered the 33 oz Wagyu ribeye for 2 and it was tender and well-seasoned both times... cooked medium rare as requested. While it seems pricey ($95), I find it a good value for the quality of beef and sides... plenty of food for 2 people.

Baby back ribs were tender and smoky with BBQ sauce on the side - which I like instead of slathering them.

I brought the kids and the friendly, professional server shared the 3-4 choices for them to choose from.

Ordering 2 desserts - chipotle chocolake cake and pecan pie - was plenty for 4 people and a great finish.

It's a lively, noisy place with a lot of business diners. I'd like to go on a weekend next time when it's hopefully more laid back and less frenetic. The patio looks inviting.

Parking was a challenge on a busy night.

Reviewed April 21, 2013

This restaurant was one of the best-finds on my business trip to Dallas. Located less than a mile awhile from my corporate office, I noticed this restaurant while driving by and decided to try it out. They had one of the best steaks I have ever tasted and the first steak I did not need any sauce with. And the service, well lets just say its the best service I've every received in a restaurant and trust me, I eat out alot. The owners and managers should truly be proud of their great food and employees.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

Food is very good. Service is excellent. The Saturday night half price on wine is a great feature and The Ranch has a great wine list. Caymus for $70 is not very common. Entertainment is provided on the porch. You can not go wrong at The Ranch

Been to The Ranch at Las Colinas? Share your experiences!