“Practic stay.”

Ranked #39 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Mexico City, Mexico
“Practic stay.”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

Ok, this might not be the best hotel around, but it is a very convenient budget hotel for short stays. Their breakfast is ok, rooms are bright, some rooms look better than others. I stay here frequently when connecting in DFW or when going to DFW area to shop. The rooms have hair driers, iron, microwave and some also fridges. Not enough parking spots on the front of the hotel, quick check out, all day coffee, small fitness room.

Room Tip: For convenience, rooms near the elevator, not at the back of the hall.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Armando N, General Manager at Comfort Inn DFW North / Irving, responded to this review, August 30, 2012
Thank you for your comments. We have actually begun several rennovations to improve our hotel for all of our guests. We have also added several items to our breakfast menu. Once again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to having you in our hotel again.

Armando Navarro Jr.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Weatherford, Texas
Reviewed June 29, 2012

We stayed the night before our flight out of DFW. It was a nice hotel, probably not the fanciest in the area, but the price was great. It is a good place if you are catching a flight the next day. We booked a 5am shuttle to the airport, and the driver was ready to go about 5 minutes early, When we landed, we called for a pick up and they were there within 20 minutes. We stayed on a Wednesday and they had a happy hour, which was free beer, wine, nachos, snacks from 5:30-7 pm. I am not sure if it is just Wednesday, or every weekday, but it was pretty sweet.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Copenhagen, Denmark
Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed on the second floor. There was so little water pressure that our toilet could not flush anything, and eventually backed up, then ran dirty water all over the floor. The shower had so little water pressure it was impossible to feel clean after a shower, and our sink would stop running water when the people in the next room flushed their toilet, the water pressure was so low.

Breakfast was OK, location was convenient to the airport.

Rooms were old and had been remodeled, but not very well. Looked very sloppy.

Would certainly not stay here again; there are several other hotels nearby.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank natosha_bard
west5, Manager at Comfort Inn DFW North / Irving, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your comment, feed back is always welcomed. I apologize that you had problems with the water pressure in the room. I have looked into the issue and have had plumbers fix the water pressure in the hotel. We strive to make each guests stay great. Please consider the Comfort Inn DFW North again when in the DFW Airport area. We will strive to not disappoint.
West Texas
Reviewed February 10, 2012

Stayed at this hotel because I had an overnight layover and it was close to the airport. When I arrived I called the hotel for the shuttle and it was there in less than 10 minutes. The driver was very friendly and welcoming. At the hotel, the front desk clerk was equally pleasant as well as efficient. I asked about restaurants that could deliver dinner and she provided me with several different menus and also told me the shuttle could take me to a nearby restaurant if I wanted to go out. The hotel also offers a small pantry of groceries (frozen entrees, pizzas, snacks, drinks, etc.) as another option. I was in my room with "welcome cookies" and a newspaper in no time. The room was clean, the bed was comfortable and with the microwave, fridge, coffee pot and free wireless internet, I was set. The following morning I ate breakfast - both hot and cold selections - equal or better than most in this hotel class - and when I was ready to go to the airport, the shuttle was waiting with another friendly driver who took me back to the airport. I would recommend this hotel to anyone and will stay there again if the need arises.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank Denise B
Thank you for your comment. We have a Manager’s Reception Monday – Thursday.
York, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2012

We picked this hotel through an online booking agent. We were surprised to get a suite for the money that we paid. The free shuttle picked us up at DFW and the driver and the front desk staff were very friendly. They offer 2 free newspapers daily plus a breakfast bar that features scrambled eggs, sausage patties, waffles, cereal, various pastries and breads, yogurt and fresh fruit. I also saw some hard cooked eggs. The eating area was kept clean and, during the week, the hot food was constantly re-stocked. On our Sunday morning there, not so quickly. (we stayed 4 nights) They have 2 washers and 2 dryers that cost $1 a load. They have a free business center with fax, computer and printer. Our suite was big and comfortable and had a small refrigerator and a microwave, which came in handy because they are located in a strip of hotels with no restaurants. The lobby has a refrigerator where you can buy TV dinners, or you can walk 5 minutes to What A Burger and get some great burgers, shop at the attached quick mart for food and beer or wine or get the free shuttle and go to a restaurant or go shopping. We used that several times, once going to Walmart Supercenter and once going to the movies. The room's only drawbacks are the carpet, which except for the lobby, is pretty poor throughout the areas that I saw and the furniture is old (but functional). I wouldn't say that our room was spotless, but it was at least as clean as I keep my house. The bathroom, however, was sparkling clean and all of the linens were very nice. My husband likes 6 towels at all times and we had no hassle getting them. They have an exercise room with a lot of nice equipment that I saw people using daily and they have a pool, but it wasn't open in January when we were there. We have booked this hotel for our return trip in March. If you plan to visit Dallas, you will need a car. If you are just staying at the hotel and don't plan to go more than 5 miles, the free shuttle will take you. We enjoyed our stay. I forgot to mention that they have free internet and it was a breeze to connect.

Room Tip: We had 129 and it was close to a back door, which made coming and going pretty convenient.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
west5, General Manager at Comfort Inn DFW North / Irving, responded to this review, May 7, 2012
Thank you for your comment. We have a Manager’s Reception Monday – Thursday.
Lake George, New York
Reviewed December 5, 2011

We stayed here one night before a flight out of Dallas. When we checked in, they couldn't find our reservation. They finally found us and upon entering our room, I set my bag down on the desk before noticing that there were two dirty q-tips lying right on top next to my bag. That was enough for me; I didn't bother to inspect the rest of the room before sending my husband down to request a room change. Upon entering our second room, I noticed the sofa was just filthy. It's obvious that it has probably never once been cleaned, even though it has very noticeable stains all over it. I knew right then and there the chance of finding a clean room in this hotel was slim to none, so we decided it would be pointless to try and switch again.

A couple of minutes into my shower, I felt the water rise up above my ankles. I had to turn the water off and back on several times before I was done because the water drained so slowly due to a clog.

I don't need a lot of bells and whistles when I travel, and didn't expect any staying at a hotel with a great low price that this one had. What I *do* expect from any hotel no matter what the rate, is that it is clean. This hotel doesn't make the grade. Never again!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Adeena62
We appreciate your feedback. We are using your feedback too continually improve. Thank you
Cartwright, Oklahoma
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Stayed at this hotel so I could park my car and catch an early flight. The room was clean and the bed comfortable. Needed to leave at 5 a.m. and the shuttle was on time. Coming back, the shuttle driver took me right to my car.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank OkeyTravellers
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you soon, the next time you fly out of DFW Airport. We are one of only a few hotels that have their own shuttle bus.