“Best airport hotel stay we've ever had!”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South
Ranked #22 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed March 14, 2014

Stay was off to a good start when we landed, called the hotel with what baggage carousel we were beside, directed to courtesy shuttle, and shuttle was there in under 3 minutes... really happy to begin our trip like this, only wish we could have stayed here on the return and avoided the Comfort Inn next door (separate review).

Check in was quick and friendly. Got up to our room and were very pleased with the separate living area with its own flat screen tv (plus another in front of the king sized bed in the bedroom), perfect! Remembered seeing something about the hotel offering a free drinks/snacks reception so I called the front desk to see if we were still in time for it (we arrived at the hotel around 8:30). Turned out we had missed it but the girl I spoke to said to come down to the front desk and she would give us a voucher for a drink at the bar since we missed it.

Headed down to pick it up and turned out she had given us 2 drinks each, very nice! So we went over to the sports bar and were able to get whatever we wanted that they served (pretty sure it's just cheap beer and well drinks at the cocktail hour), so we both enjoyed a couple of drinks in the beautiful atrium beside the bar. Perfect first night to kick off our holiday!

Had a great sleep in the very comfortable bed and up early the next morning to catch breakfast before our flight. Wow! Not the cereal, muffins and old fruit I've come to expect from hotel breakfasts. There was someone making custom omelets for people, plus you could get (perfectly cooked) bacon, sausages, and hash browns on the side for a hot breakfast. Pancakes... lots of fresh fruit, yogurt, baked goods... juices... and we got to eat in the lovely atrium by the pond... all included, so impressed. :)

After breakfast we grabbed our bags to check out 10 minutes before the scheduled shuttle. While we waited the driver offered to check on our flight for us which was just a nice courtesy. Would highly recommend, couldn't have been any better and got a great rate on top of everything!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2014

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the hotel to be the "BEST". We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Steve Cadaret

Write a ReviewReviews (1,109)

Reviewed March 7, 2014

Not all of my ES experiences have been "great" but this one was. The rooms are clean, beds comfortable (imp to me), breakfast wonderful; had a drink at the bar and it was okay - I seldom have a drink but needed to chill as this was an emergency trip; the bartender had to be prompted on making the drink, bringing out a napkin, pouring beer in a glass - it was only a corona with salt and lime! I'm female and don't drink beer from a bottle in public. Nothing bad just a little direction needed on service. Of course the location to DFW is perfect AND you can avoid the toll roads and skyscraper hiways with this location. Will go here again!

Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the breakfast wonderful and the beds comfortable. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 6, 2014

My flight was cancelled so I decided just to wait until the next day to leave. I called and was able to get a room and for a large city near the airport the rate was very reasonable. The staff was friendly and the room was standard Embassy Suites, the bathrooms are small but the other space beats a regular hotel. Lunch was a buffet offering with several quality choices and was great and also very competitively priced. The room was comfortable and clean. The weather was horrible and not having a rental car I decided to eat dinner in the main restaurant. Talk about suprised the service and food was excellent. I was glad I decided to dine in. I was here on business and would definitly recommend, and stay here myself on my next trip.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the service, room, and restaurant to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Hotel is an average Embassy Suites that you would find in most larger cities.
Bathroom was extremely small. Very loud highway & plane noise
There were drinks and light snacks in the afternoon, with a policy of 1 drink per person. I could not bring a drink to my wife sitting at a table, had to make 2 trips, waiting in line twice. I ask why and got a curt answer that there were a lot of people checked in. There were mostly children there for a sports event. The manager said they did not start the 1 for 1 until 7:00 pm which was not true. From the time we sat down at 6:20 pm the 1 for 1 was started. I could not think of any good reason for this policy other than trying to limit the number of drinks.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel away from traffic and plane noise. Staff at another hotel may be more accommod...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience about your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're very sorry you were unhappy. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. We hope you will consider staying with us in the future.

Reviewed February 25, 2014

This was an incredible hotel! We will definitely stay here again! I wish my conference had been held here, so we wouldn't have had to leave each day. The breakfast was terrific, the made to order omelets were fast and made well.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you found the breakfast and accomodations to your liking. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 7, 2014

The staff was very helpful and courteous and very professional. They meet all of our needs without fail. I felt like I was appreciated. I left feeling very happy about our stay. I would absolutely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking a moment to share your experience. I am happy to hear you felt appreciated during your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the not too distant future.

Reviewed February 6, 2014

enormous atrium, soaring ceilings and gorgeous lobby. amaxing evening reception/happy hour, wonderfull full, made to order, hot breakfast in the morning. Would recommend to anyone staying in the area, it is easily the hidden gem.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 5, 2014

Thank you for responding with such a wonderful review. I hope we have the pleasure of serving you again in the near future.

GM

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!