Stay was off to a good start when we landed, called the hotel with what baggage carousel we were beside, directed to courtesy shuttle, and shuttle was there in under 3 minutes... really happy to begin our trip like this, only wish we could have stayed here on the return and avoided the Comfort Inn next door (separate review).
Check in was quick and friendly. Got up to our room and were very pleased with the separate living area with its own flat screen tv (plus another in front of the king sized bed in the bedroom), perfect! Remembered seeing something about the hotel offering a free drinks/snacks reception so I called the front desk to see if we were still in time for it (we arrived at the hotel around 8:30). Turned out we had missed it but the girl I spoke to said to come down to the front desk and she would give us a voucher for a drink at the bar since we missed it.
Headed down to pick it up and turned out she had given us 2 drinks each, very nice! So we went over to the sports bar and were able to get whatever we wanted that they served (pretty sure it's just cheap beer and well drinks at the cocktail hour), so we both enjoyed a couple of drinks in the beautiful atrium beside the bar. Perfect first night to kick off our holiday!
Had a great sleep in the very comfortable bed and up early the next morning to catch breakfast before our flight. Wow! Not the cereal, muffins and old fruit I've come to expect from hotel breakfasts. There was someone making custom omelets for people, plus you could get (perfectly cooked) bacon, sausages, and hash browns on the side for a hot breakfast. Pancakes... lots of fresh fruit, yogurt, baked goods... juices... and we got to eat in the lovely atrium by the pond... all included, so impressed. :)
After breakfast we grabbed our bags to check out 10 minutes before the scheduled shuttle. While we waited the driver offered to check on our flight for us which was just a nice courtesy. Would highly recommend, couldn't have been any better and got a great rate on top of everything!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two miles from DFW Airport, the Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW International Airport South hotel welcomes guests to this all-suite Irving, TX hotel featuring a striking lobby with a Mediterranean-style high-rise ceiling, 10-story tropical atrium, stunning waterfall and beautiful pond with exotic fish. Relax in the comfortable master bedroom or living room, and watch a movie on one of two cable televisions. Stay connected with high-speed internet access, available for a nominal fee, a well-lit work desk, and two speaker telephones. Work out in the fully equipped Fitness Center or in the indoor pool. Enjoy the complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast every morning and complimentary beverages and snacks at the evening Managers Reception. Enjoy a delicious meal at Capistrano's, the on-site hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hilton Hotels Direct, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Dfw Airport South - Irving Hotel Irving
- Embassy Suites Irving
- Irving Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Irving Texas