“One of the best”

Ranked #23 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Shreveport, United States
“One of the best”
Reviewed September 9, 2013

Clean rooms, beautiful lobby and a staff that truly wants to make your stay memorable is what you will receive. Only issue I had was that since the hotel is so close to the southern end of the DFW airport, airplane noise is an issue. Other than that, one of the best Embassy suites I have ever stayed in.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this review, September 10, 2013
Thank you for the great response! The thing we preach the most is a clean room with friendly service. Looks like we succeeded in that during your stay.

See you again soon.

Steve Cadaret

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
San Angelo, United States
Reviewed September 6, 2013

Other then getting stuck in the elevator for over ten min, this hotel was pretty nice. We had a great stay, beds were comfortable. could use a little updating on the furniture. Breakfast was the best i have had a hotel. i will most likely go bake the next Texas Rangers game i go to. Location was rated poor only due to the freeway being under construction ( that was fun) it does look like it will be real easy to get to when it is done.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

I am terribly sorry about the elevator, but very happy that did not taint your opinion of the hotel. We are glad to here you will be back for the next Ranger game. Hopefully for the playoffs.

Las Vegas, United States
Reviewed September 4, 2013

This hotel is great. The staff is good, and the services are very good. I would advise requesting to not be on the top floor. The AC is not adequate to keep the rooms on the top floor cool. The hotel is well aware of this and even told me during my stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Embassy Suites Hotels

Thank you for taking the time to respond and share your experience. I am glad you enjoyed your stay. Come back and see us soon.

Orlando
Reviewed September 3, 2013

My flight arrived late from NYC, so I missed my connecting flight and needed to find a place to stay overnight. This was a great choice my work booked for me. I actually wish I had more time here, I loved the southwestern look and arches in the lobby. Breakfast was good, as expected at any Embassy Suites. The shuttle service was fast and friendly back and forth to the airport.

Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. Come back when you can relax and enjoy a longer visit.

Albuquerque
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We held a family reunion there and they were great and the food way above expectations. The location is central to lots and lots of neat things and the airport as well. If you are a sports fan a shopper or a ny sort od=f tourist, you can't do better !

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thanks for the great comments...Hope you stay with us again soon.

Reviewed September 3, 2013

This hotel failed on so many levels. First, they put our party on the top floor on a 100 degree day. The rooms never cooled off and the temp stayed above 75 degrees the entire night. I complained and management brought us two box fans, as if that would change things. I literally slept on top of the bedspread with both box fans trained on me the entire night. Miserable. Found out the next morning that I should have been put on the "Hilton Honors" floor and that the hotel was nowhere near full. When I complained the next morning, the desk clerk looked at me like I had two heads. I asked him to have a manager call me to discuss the problems. He said "Mary" would promptly call. I am still waiting on her call. Also, the rooms are very shop-worn and in need of serious remodeling. I couldn't believe how rough and dated our room was. Do yourself a favor and avoid this hotel at all costs. I should have stayed at the more reliable Hampton up the street. This hotel was a major disappointed and is a far cry from the typical Embassy experience.

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Michael W
Thank you for posting a review about your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you had a negative experience with some of our amenities. Guest satisfaction is one of our main priorities. We apologize for the issues in your room and will work with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. Thank you for your feedback as it does help us to build a better hotel experience for the future.

If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again.
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed September 2, 2013

I want to start off by saying that I really enjoyed my stay. The LSU game was going on so there were many fans staying here. I expected a loud night, but was pleasantly surprised.

We did have to call maintenance due to the room not cooling off. Someone came right up, but it didn't seem to help. It wasn't terribly hot, however.

The manager's reception was okay. If I had to offer some constructive criticism, I would say this...I've stayed at an Embassy Suites in Peoria, Illinois. Their reception offered crackers, cheese, and fruit. I kind of expected the same here. This one offered popcorn and chips & salsa. Which is okay, I guess, but I would serve them in small plates. Not those disposable paper trays. It just seemed kind of tacky - I mean, it didn't match the classiness of the hotel.

And of course the breakfast was great! The room was clean. Overall I would give it a 4/5.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Great! Thank you for the feedback. We take every comment back to the team for review. We will see you on your next trip to the DFW area.

Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Steve Cadaret
Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Hilton Garden Inn DFW Airport South
Residence Inn Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Courtyard Dallas DFW Airport South/Irving
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, DFW Airport South
Hyatt Place DFW
Hyatt Place DFW
#1 of 8 in Euless
Holiday Inn Express & Suites DFW Airport South Hotel

Been to Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!