We stayed at the Embassy Suites DFW South for one night and really enjoyed it. We called the hotel after we picked up our luggage and the complimentary shuttle arrived in about 15 minutes. Once at the hotel, we were recognized as Hilton Honors Gold members and received complimentary internet access. The hotel has an atrium and all rooms open onto it. Our room was one a corner in the third floor and it was very quiet – no noise from other rooms, the nearby highway or the airport.
The room was a spacious two bedroom suite with two large flat screen televisions. The living room area had a microwave oven, mini-fridge and a coffee maker. It also had a large work desk with an ergonomic chair.
From 5:30P-7:30P there was a complimentary manager’s reception. It included “all-you-could drink” beer, wine and mixed drinks and soft drinks (for individuals not consuming alcohol). The bartenders and wait staff were all very attentive and willing to prepare whatever drink was chosen (we enjoyed a very nice red wine). The appetizers included chips, salsa, a 5-layer dip (beans, onions, tomatoes, cheese, sour cream), diced melons, some small bread slices and pop corn made in an old-fashioned kettle popcorn maker. The latter was a big hit with the kids (and there were lots of them due to it being Spring Break for many students). During the course of the evening, you could also order off the restaurant menu which offered some reasonably priced fare (items like a burger with fries for $8.50 and/or quesadillas for $7.00).
In the morning, we were able to enjoy a “cooked to order” breakfast and there was no problem in obtaining an egg white omelet. Despite the hotel being fully booked, we had only a short wait at the omelet counter. There were numerous items you could choose to customize your omelet. Then there were potatoes, bacon, ham, etc. If you want a quicker breakfast, there is a hot food bar with scrambled eggs and other items available (an attendant is there to assist with serving). In addition to hot items, the buffet also included cold cereals, yogurts, breads and assorted fruits. The coffee was quite good too and soft drinks also were available.
The return shuttle to the airport runs on the hour and half-hour and only took about 10 minutes to reach the airport despite the early morning rush hour.
We’ll definitely be returning to the Embassy Suites DFW south again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Two miles from DFW Airport, the Embassy Suites Dallas - DFW International Airport South hotel welcomes guests to this all-suite Irving, TX hotel featuring a striking lobby with a Mediterranean-style high-rise ceiling, 10-story tropical atrium, stunning waterfall and beautiful pond with exotic fish. Relax in the comfortable master bedroom or living room, and watch a movie on one of two cable televisions. Stay connected with high-speed internet access, available for a nominal fee, a well-lit work desk, and two speaker telephones. Work out in the fully equipped Fitness Center or in the indoor pool. Enjoy the complimentary cooked-to-order breakfast every morning and complimentary beverages and snacks at the evening Managers Reception. Enjoy a delicious meal at Capistrano's, the on-site hotel restaurant. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hilton Hotels Direct, Priceline, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Embassy Suites Dfw Airport South - Irving Hotel Irving
- Embassy Suites Irving
- Irving Embassy Suites
- Embassy Suite Irving Texas