“Extremely Disappointing - Do NOT stay here :(”

Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South
Ranked #21 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Frisco, Texas
“Extremely Disappointing - Do NOT stay here :(”
Reviewed October 22, 2012

I stayed there Oct. 19 - 21st, 2012 and the 6th Floor is under renovation - FYI, don't take a room on the 5th floor if you plan to sleep in. :(
The first dissappoint was at check-in. I booked my room through Hotels.com and they called the hotel to make sure the shuttle could take me back and forth to my class reunion. (7 miles away) The girl at the Front Desk told me "No" and then she got the Manager. The Manager wanted to know if I got thier name! I'm so disgusted that you have to document everything these days, no ones word is good enough.
The ceiling in my bathroom leaked. It poured water so hard and loud that it woke me up! When I called the front desk, they weren't sure if they could move me to another room because they were sold out. UGH! when they did finally move me - the commode to the new room wouldn't flush all the way.
The ice machines on Floors 5, 6 and 7 are not working.
A bottle of wine was missing and the front desk said that housekeeping thought it was empty so they threw it away!? Really? OMG!
It was one stupid incident after another.
I would NEVER recommend this Hotel to anyone, not under this management or while the rennovations are taking place.
I don't ever write bad reviews, but this place deserves it.
There are nicer places to stay. You will be dissappointed if you choose this Hotel right now.

Room Tip: Don't stay on the 5th floor - the 6th floor is being rennovated and you can hear the workers eve...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank 505JulieV
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this review, October 23, 2012
I am sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you deserved during your recent stay. I understand how frustrating it is with the renovation going on but luckily that will be over soon. We apologize for leak and have reported your concerns to our maintenance team. We will be sure to address the issues with the room amenities and hope you will consider giving us a second chance if you return to the area.

Steve Cadaret

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Ratliff City, Oklahoma
Reviewed October 17, 2012

This was one of my favorite places to stay when visiting Dallas.
We booked a room and were so excited to come back to this hotel to
enjoy a nice romantic stay.haha. The Pool was always full of kids with little supervision
I even think they may have been the hotel workers kids. I jumped in the pool and had to go straight to shower as I smelled like urine when I climbed out of the nasty dirty pool.
The nasty hot tub was full of suds and dark water,plus filled with noisey kids.
The breakfast buffett seemed to have people who were not staying in the hotel and the
buffett line seemed to be out of touch. so so buffet compaired to the great buffet I remember before. When I complaned about the pool,the breakfast, and problems about my room, I was given a $10. voucher for a meal?? Like that was anything to me.
I would say the management is being blindsided by the staff and I hope it changes as I really loved this place before.

Room Tip: Stay higher to avoid noise from the restraunt area. The east side is a better View.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ronnieleetravels
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I am terrible sorry you did not enjoy this trip to the hotel. I will work with maintenance and verify the cleaning schedule, an increase them during our peak times. Everyone is very familiar with Embassy's great breakfast and happy hour provided to our guests, so we have several systems in place to verify they have stayed with us prior to serving.

Thanks for the honest feedback and we hope to see you on your next trip back for that romantic weekend.

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2012

Did not know hotel was under renovation until we checked in for our 'weekend away" and found that the furniture was old and stained, there was plaster everywhere on the floor, the sink in the bathroom was cracked and the ceiling had black mold on it. The wallpaper was coming away from the walls and they said it was a "non Smoking" room but the walls and vents were yellowed and the windows were filthy. The room phone did not even work! Worst stay we have had at Embassy Suites and we frequently stay with the chain on other area's.

Room Tip: Make sure you find out BEFORE check in if they are "remodeling?
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank appleskip2003
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this review, October 16, 2012
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I sincerely apologize that we were unable to meet expectations and based upon your review I am actively participating with our housekeeping staff to ensure this does not happen again. As we discussed I hope that if your travels bring you back to the area that you will consider staying with us again. Thank you again; I appreciate your honest feedback.

Hurst, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Our experience w/ Embassy Suites was great as always!!! The bell-hop guys were extremely courteous. We will def. be staying at this hotel with our next trip!! The only thing that would make our stay more pleasant would be if they had free wifi. Overall great place to stay!!!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
We are happy you enjoyed your stay. If you sign up for our HHonors program I will make sure your internet is free. Thank you for staying with us.

Kempner, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2012

The free breakfast (made to order eggs) will ruin every other hotel chain's free breakfasts. The lobby and dining areas are absolutely beautiful. Rooms were a little "used"...but I know they are renovating them and I am sure mine had not yet been started.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Our breakfast is the best in the business. Thanks for the great review. We should be done with all guest rooms and the updated lobby area by December. We hope to see you back soon.

Mountain House, CA
Reviewed September 23, 2012

Obviously an older Embassy Suites hotel, I was informed when I checked in that the hotel was in the process of being renovated. The deskclerk assigned me on of the renovated rooms on the top floor. Upon going into my room, I found a large bee hive on the balcony and not knowing what kind of bees these were), I went down to ask for another room. After being assigned another room, a woman employee followed me up the elevator to see the bees in the room I had vacated; she said she was the person responsible for the redesigned rooms and asked me if everything was nice in the room I had saw; she said she asked because a few people had complained that they could not even tell the rooms had been renovated and were unhappy with their stays. I had no commnet at that time but after going into the second room I was assigned, I found the furniture, room decor, carpets, etc. mismatched with no common theme. All the work that I saw was very sloppy; I saw where new paint had landed on the carpet, I saw the worst wall-paper application in a hotel that I have aver seen (sloppily cut, loose paper in places, etc.); I saw od yellowing electrical plates and fixtures, crusty plumbing, new tile in the restroom that was chipped most likely when ity was installed, the ceiling light adjustment swith was broken off from the fixture, the showerhead was not seated tight, door hardware was old, worn/scratched up and nasty and paint job in the rooms appears to have been done with little attention to detail. What a waste of money; what is probably a million dollar renovation and my perception was nothing but an old nasty room with a terrible new paint smell from which there was no escape. Spoke to a manager when I was there; he was indifferent - just said to review it after my stay. Funny thing is that when ever a Hilton property has a problem where they know bad review are going to be received, the survey e-mail for that hotel is never received. Bottom Line: Worst Hilton Embassy Suites I've ever had the misfortune of a stay.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Brian Y
OHR-Maverick, General Manager at Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas DFW Airport South, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I am very sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of amenities and services you deserve. This is not typical of our hotel and staff, and we are sorry we let the ball drop. We are always looking for ways to improve our guest experience and your review helps us to do so. We are not finished with the guest rooms including the room you were assigned. We are still replacing the vanity sink, bar sink, adding marble thresholds and during this time we are touching up each room to look perfect.

I hope you will give us another chance to provide you with a more complete experience.
Thanks
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Stay at this hotel when in Dallas/FTW area. Consistently strong: Staff is knowledgeable, courtesy and efficient at check in. Hotel is near the airport and offers shuttle service for late/early trips where taking the rental car back the night before reduces hassle getting to the airport. While this is an older Embassy, its well maintained. And, of course, the Embassy breakfast is consistently oustanding.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
Thank you for the nice review. We are happy you enjoyed the breakfast and the staff was attentive to your needs. See you next trip.