“Clean, comfortable, roomy, quiet and nice.”

HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas
Ranked #8 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed October 8, 2009

This is the second time we have stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield Suites-Dallas/Lincoln Park. Previously it had a different corporate affiliation. The rooms are quiet, spacious, have a nice kitchen with full sized appliances. It is very clean and comfortable. We stay there when we go visit our son who goes to SMU. It is close by plus there is shopping, movie theaters and restaurants close by. I really have no desire to stay anywhere else when I'm in the area.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed July 23, 2009

We stayed here on our way out of town for vacation. Dallas was midway. I was very impressed when I called and got the rooms, 3-2 room suites with a full kitchen for the same price as a regular room somewhere else with no kitchen and no separate rooms. Each bedroom had it's own separate bathroom, tv and large closet as well as a closet in the living room.

The staff was very friendly and we were late for breakfast. The lady went to the back and made my teenage boys a well balanced plate for breakfast and brought it out to them, which I thought was beyond her duties and much appreciated.

The grounds were very pleasant and well landscaped. My teenagers found lots of rabbits and even a lake in the back of the property they could sit and talk late at night.

We enjoyed the staff, rooms and price so much that we reserved another room for the stop and the way back after vacation the following week.

Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed July 5, 2009

Great value - nice kitchen with stainless steel appliances, two person eating table, work table with wired and wireless Internet, sofa. Most surprised to find a 32 inch LCD HDTV, with HD programming. Also hooked up my laptop to it and watched my own movies via HDMI !

Comfortable bed had a natural skylight next to it - healthy way to wake up than being jerked awake by an alarm clock.

Right on MacArthur Blvd - so, you have your choice of restaurants within a couple of miles.

Free morning breakfast is the usual fare. Happy hour on weekdays is convenient if you are tired after a hard day at work.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed June 23, 2009

This was our third stay at this property (I have reviewed it previously) but unfortunately our worst experience.

Each time we have stayed here it has been because of the convenience and value of the two-bedroom suites, which includes two private baths. We again reserved a two-bedroom suite but unlike our other stays received a room on the north-west side of the property.

We knew we had a problem when we opened the door - the room reeked of smoke! We double-checked that we had reserved and indeed received a non-smoking room. We had business to attend to so we set the thermostat to 72 and left for the afternoon, hoping it would at least be comfortable when we returned (it was a hot day).

Well, as another reviewer has noted, the AC unit had done exactly NOTHING to cool the room while we were away, I guess due to the motion sensor mentioned in the other review. So it's 9pm and we are getting ready for bed in a room that is 80+ degrees! Not what we were looking forward to.

Yes, the room eventually cooled down that night and it was a comfortable 70 degrees when we woke up, but geez! A hotel room in Dallas is WORTHLESS without a working A/C from May through October, especially during the summer. So I'm going to have to downgrade this property from my previous mostly-positive review. Still a great deal for a two-bedroom suite, still a great location and a decent room, but take the experience of other travelers into consideration before making a reservation at this property.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Norman_Sooner
Reviewed June 15, 2009

There were four in our "cousins" trip this year and we decided to stay in the Las Colinas area. After looking up hotels in the area, we chose this hotel based upon the two bedrooms and bathrooms. We stayed Thursday, Friday and Saturday. Our rate for Friday and Saturday was $50 less than the Thursday rate. This was another reason we chose this Hyatt.
Upon arrival, we were checked in promptly and went straight to the room with no problems. The bedrooms were large and the dressing area was seperate from the bathroom. (With four ladies in the group, we really appreciated this!) The kitchen are was a little on the small side but had everything we needed. The lighting was not the best in the kitchen or living areas but did have windows to let in natural lighting.
We did not attend the social hour so we cannot comment on that. The complimentary breakfast buffet was good. A little bit of everything for every taste.
We enjoyed the hot tub and pool one night. The pool was good; however, the hot tub could use some repairs to the tile, but it worked just fine.
We were in Dallas one day and Ft Worth the next and had no problems navigating to either area. It was a very convenient location for the plans we had.
If ever in the area again, we would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed April 2, 2009

This location is in the middle of everythign for Irving. The property is like an aprtment complex. The rooms were large. I wa supgraded to a 3 bedroom and each bedroom had a king bed. The only disappointment for me was the pool closes early and opens very late so it was not open at all during my stay.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed February 28, 2009

I decided to stay at this hotel because of the GREAT weekend special I found online for it. I paid a skim $71/night for this hotel through their website. I wasnt sure what to expect but when I walked in the door of the hotel room, I was SURE that I'd gotten a steal. Not only was this a full apartment sized suite, but it felt like I was NOT in a hotel, but an apartment.

The ONLY negative thing about my stay was that the suite needs better lighting. In the living area the lighting is so weak that it's just barely appropriate to read by. During the day, there were lots of windows providing great natural lighting.

Kitchen with pots, pans, glasses, plates, silverware -- everything you'd need. There is Kroger's grocery store a couple blocks down the street and I made several great meals in the kitchen.

I took pictures that you can check out! Hopefully you'll enjoy this property as much as I did when I visited! The staff was friendly and warm upon arrival. If you are traveling with a handicapped, or elderly person who might not be ready to climb stairs, be SURE to request a first-floor suite UPON reservation. In some places there are 3 floors and NO elevators(lifts). But I didn't have a problem with it.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled solo