HYATT House Dallas/Las Colinas
$405
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsfull kitchenwalk in closethome away from hometwo bedroom suiteno elevatoromelet barbasketball courtlas colinasmacarthur blvdmade to order omeletsliving areacomplimentary breakfastthird floorsofa bedextended stayeasy accessthe general manager
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Everything was great - the attention to detail, eagerness to please, and of course, the fantastic rate. Haven't been this satisfied in years.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed November 9, 2011

Hyatt gets it right, and for a suite property, this one really fulfills the brand promise. The setting is campus-like, the interior courtyard quiet and safe. The location is on the best side of the DFW Metroplex to be easy to arrive (from the airport or by highway) and also to access both Dallas and Ft worth downtown districts. We selected this property for all of our conference needs for this reason, plus the fact that Las Colinas is a safe professional, quiet, and well-supported community (dozens of great restaurants within two miles, most of them just across the street).
The rooms are modern and well appointed, the entire staff on all shifts is friendly and knowledgable, and the free breakfast and social hour are an extra plus. I can bring my pets, kids, or just come alone, knowing I'm going to be well taken care of.
If you're looking at a suite property, this is one to get to. It's been a consistent pleasure for us for nearly five years.

Room Tip: Request an interior courtyard room (it's a more placid view) and try to check in early, as they can't guarantee availability. And ask about rooms 21, 23, 31, and 33, above the Lobby. They're my secret favorite
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 30, 2011

Best value in the area. Beautiful rooms, free breakfast and free happy hour during the week. Very convenient walking distance restaurant row across the street. The staff is very friendly and helpful. The daily rate is $50. less than the dumpy Marriott Courtyard up the street and the rooms/amenities do even compare. I am a Marriott rewards business traveller and when I discovered this place, I move the very same day and 3 other businessmen followed me the next day. I come to Irving quite often and will be staying herefor the foreseeable future.

Room Tip: Ask for something close to the clubhouse on the lover level.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled on business
Reviewed October 11, 2011

I was only here for one night, but have done long term hotel stays and know what to look for. Check-in was very friendly, and then was greeted by name each time I was in the lobby. Speaks well for staff training and customer care. I had a 2BR suite- nicely upgraded kitchen that was super clean - would be willing to cook a meal there, which is not always the case. All lamps and appliances worked, but have to admit the wall switches were in odd places. Furniture and carpet was not worn or stained. Bedding was fresh, and towels were fine. Speaks well for housekeeping! Exercise and outdoor ares were above average, and well kept. I was not able to eat breakfast or enjoy the evening social, so cannot comment on those. The one negative I experienced was that the printers in the biz center didn't work...but the computers were fine. Lots of shopping in the area, huge supermarket, and restaurants of every type and price range. Several offer excellent carry-out, which is good if you are there for a long time. One thing that really impressed me - I was late arriving, and missed the social hour. The manager who checked me in offered to go in the back, prepare me a snack and a glass of wine that I could take to my room. THAT is not an everyday occurance!
The entire property is above average- but it is the customer service that really puts it over the top! Solid recommendation.

Room Tip: Center buildings overlook pool, although an easier walk to breakfast, can be noisier. Pick one of the outer buildings. No elevator in my building,so agree to the 3rd floor only if you are fit!
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business
1  Thank sophiegirl04
Reviewed September 29, 2011

This place has the real deal OK. It has everything but a decent location. If your staying in the Las Colinas area for business I would stay here because it is inexpensive - paid $99 corporate rate. It has shuttle to most local places in the AM easy t which is easy to book. At night they have free bad wine and decent tap beers, good appetizers. Breakfast is excellent and more than I would normlally order from decent eggs to complete fruit and cereal. The rooms are large suite setups full kitchen and big comfortable beds. Large 40 inch Flat screens in the living room and decent in bedroom.

A few issues that keep it from a 5 which are the air con is one of those blow all cold or all warm systems which are becoming the standard but can give some of us a head cold if your not careful. Also there are no elevators which not an issue on the first 2 floors but would not want to be on the third floor with Dallas 95 degree heat carrying my own bags. Good size pool and a very nice workout room. I am usually tough on these places because they go for the cheapest of everything but not this place. It had a very good bed, nice furnishings and good quality kitchens if your staying here for a week or so. Again this is not close to anything - the airport, the city and anything to do but if you have to be here it is as nice as a majorfull service hotel and a lot more ammenities that they nickle and dime you for.

Room Tip: first floor is dark second is a good compromise between nice light and a long climb.
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled on business