“Enjoyable Stay”

Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Plano, Texas
“Enjoyable Stay”
Reviewed July 8, 2006

I saw a few bad reviews on this site prior to my stay, but decided to keep my reservation anyway. I'm glad I did. In my opinion, there is absoutely nothing wrong with this place. It is right next to a major construction project, but it is still easy to find. My check-in was good and the desk agent was friendly and personable. I thought the lobby was very nice and welcoming with a nice little bar in the middle. They had a happy hour for guests with drinks and snacks that was going on when I arrived. I was placed on the 5th floor (the highest if I remember correctly) and everything was just fine. I was booked into a suite with a Sleep Number Bed (VERY comfortable) complete with upgraded sheets and comforter. The room itself was better than average with an attractive color palete (dark bold colors and earth tones). It was a contemorary style. I saw a small stain on the carpet by the door, but that was it. Good channel selection with pay-per-view movies and WebTV. Internet access with your laptop is free and the front desk informed me that internet is now free at all Radissons (a nice plus). The work desk in the living room was a good size and there were plenty of wall outlets to plug my stuff into. I didn't eat at the hotel at all, but some flight attendants that were staying there were commenting on how good the food was on the elevator. The location of the pool was a little strange, right in the middle of the lobby. You see it when you get on the elevators through the glass and it seems like it would be loud in the open lobby, but I never heard any noise. The fitness center was very adequate and is now open 24-hours according to the front desk. I will definately return to this hotel if I ever need to stay near the airport again. It's a busy place though and two dates I was looking at to stay agan were already sold out, so make your reservation early.

• Stayed July 2006, traveled on business
4 Thank wgt1984

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Reviewed June 20, 2006

Hotel promised shuttle service from the airport. Waited over an hour. Called 4 times. Finally had to take a cab. Desk staff was unprofessional and unfriendly. Asked for and received late checkout. Maid came by 3 times to see if we were out yet.

• Stayed June 2006, traveled on business
1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed April 2, 2006

The property was "dingy" and worn looking. Wall paper seams were separating and the carpets were very dirty. I checked into my room and there was urine on the toilet seat (I didn't notice this until late in the evening). I was the organizer of an event that was held there and they checked me in to this room ... unbelieveable. Finally, they were touting that they have "free" internet in rooms, though the only way I could access their wireless network was by going down to the lobby.

There are too many good hotels in the airport area for this to happen, I'll definately never stay there again. I don't recommend hosting an event there either.

Reviewed December 21, 2005

We booked the Radisson because it advertised Sleep Number beds. When we arrived, we found a property that resembled a war zone. The web site neglected to tell us that the hotel is under renovation and that there are only a few king rooms with Sleep Number beds. Someone must have been aware of conditions, however, because it was not crowded.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed December 4, 2005

Nice BIG (and I mean BIG! - approx 700 sq ft!) rooms in a clean hotel.
Some renovations going on at the time but mostly the floor tiles in the lobby. The rooms were clean, very functional and very well equipped.
Breakfast was priced at $9.95 for all you can eat and it was a good selection.
Free internet access in their business office and a good shuttle service.
I found the staff to be helpful, polite and willing to assist.
I was travelling on business and it is within a close range to the ever-spralling DFW airport. A great choice for business travellers - I will be back again!

Stayed December 2005
6 Thank sammyboy
Minneapolis
Reviewed November 17, 2004

If you need a decent hotel with easy/quick access to DFW- the Radisson DFW South will work. Room was very acceptable- recently updated. Appreciated the extra-sized room and the fridge. Nothing outstanding but nothing to really complain about. Guest happy hour in bar on weekdays is a bonus, as well.

2 Thank offthewindow
texas
Reviewed September 18, 2004

Worst hotel in DFW area--Stayed there before and after a 5-day trip. The rooms are dirty and run down; hotel staff is extremely UNHELPFUL. Don't expect good shuttle service to and from DFW--you won't get it. I ate breakfast at the hotel once--3 people in the restaurant--took 45 minutes to be served cold eggs, refried hash browns, warm juice and weak coffee. Unless you want to slum it, don't stay at this hotel!

5 Thank marblefalls