“Enjoyed a great few days!”

Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South
Ranked #48 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Magnolia, Arkansas
“Enjoyed a great few days!”
Reviewed November 30, 2013

Spent three nights for Thanksgiving to relax, enjoy one another's company and do some shopping and were not disappointed. Seems most guests were with the airlines as it's close to DFW and they asked us a few times if we were too! The staff was extremely friendly and the room was comfortable, quiet and clean. Yeah, it's probably due for an update in the near future but it was fine. Breakfast was delicious and we enjoyed appetizers and even dinner a couple nights and everything was good. We would stay here again if the occasion presents itself. Next time I would wear a white shirt with bars on the shoulders, carry a large sample case and pretend to be Leonardo DiCaprio--might get to fly free!

Room Tip: We had a corner room on third floor and thought we had the place to ourselves...very quiet!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, December 22, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at the Atrium Hotel, I thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to know that you had a great comfortable stay. Guest satisfaction is extremely important to us, and compliments from our guests, motivates us to do even better.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
Sally Naidu

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Tyler, TX
Reviewed November 28, 2013

We stayed here for one night prior to our vacation. The hotel provides hourly, free shuttle service to the airport. They also allow you to park for free. We were able to leave our car for 8 days free of charge. The return shuttle was also a good experience. It took the shuttle about 15 minutes to arrive after we called. The parking and shuttle alone made us like the hotel. However, our room was also a nice surprise. We were upgraded to a suite, and it was very nice. We would definitely stay here again prior to flying. I'd also like to recognize the front desk staff and shuttle driver. Everyone we encountered at this hotel provided excellent service and were very helpful.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, December 3, 2013
On behalf of everyone here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, DFW Airport South, we thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel, and found the park sleep fly package very convenient and useful. We take great pride in our facility and services, and strive towards the highest level of customer satisfaction. Compliments from our guests motivate us to do even better.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon.
Baker, Florida
Reviewed November 16, 2013

I did sleep well because the bed and pillows are comfortable. Although they appeared to be trying to clean the carpet, it was old and wrinkled.Water damage on the wall next to my tub. Soiled chair made me sit on the bed. I used the stairs during my stay. Several trips, there were dirt chunks from someones shoes. Another trip, the floor was very sticky. The maids were friendly, but front desk help was short, no eye contact.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, November 18, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we apologize for the concerns you shared about your experience at this hotel. I have addressed them with our team, and I assure you we are working diligently to ensure a similar situation does not occur again in the future.
Atrium Hotel and Suites
Berkeley, California
Reviewed November 5, 2013

We stayed overnight to get a connecting flight out of DFW. The price was very reasonable for a hotel so close to the airport. The biggest surprise was the food. It was good and it was inexpensive. The room was clean and the bathroom looked like it had just been retiled. The people who worked there, from the counter personnel to the bar and restaurant wait staff were very helpful and friendly. The only bad thing was the shuttle service which serves several hotels and takes forever to pick up at the airport.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, November 8, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, we thank you for your kind words. We strive towards the highest level of guest satisfaction and compliments from our guests tells us we are doing a great job and motivates us to do even better.
We are thrilled to read that all the members of our team took great care of you, and you got good value for your price.
With regards to the shuttle, we want you to know that for a short period we were experimenting with outsourcing the transportation. This was purely with the intention of improving the services, but when we saw that that was not happening, we did away with those services and are now back to our own.
We hope when you come back and see us again, you will see the difference.
Thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers and we look forward to seeing you again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
Conroe, Texas
Reviewed October 21, 2013

I stayed here for business. Nice hotel, clean and comfortable suite. Great pillows. The bed is an "adjustable bed" I would have enjoyed my sleep better had I been able to adjust it. I loved the fact that the suites are really two rooms seperated by doors and kitchen area. The only downfall is the loud noise from the air running in the room.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the comfort of our large two room suite, and the nice clean comfortable beds.
We aim at the highest level of guest satisfaction and compliments from our guests, motivate us to do even better.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
Clifton, Texas
Reviewed October 18, 2013

I recently stayed here just for one night and took advantage of the free parking and airport shuttle service while on a vacation to the Northeast.
The hotel was very clean, modern, everything worked and they had an above average complimentary breakfast buffet. The airport shuttle services several hotels in addition to the Atrium so pick up and delivery from DFW can take a little longer than some park n fly hotels.
I would recommend this hotel and will stay again when I need park n fly from DFW.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Sally N, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this review, October 20, 2013
On behalf of everyone here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I thank for your kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay. We are pleased that you found our shuttle service convenient and had a comfortable stay. We strive for the highest level of customer satisfaction and compliments from our guests motivate us to do better and better.
We thank you for sharing your experience with fellow travelers and look forward to seeing you back again when travel brings you to the Dallas area.
San Diego
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I call from Beaumont and ask if they have a shuttle from the airport and you would have thought I asked the dumbest question in the world. They tell me to call when I get to Dallas for the shuttle. So, I call when I get to Dallas...and call...and call. No answer. Finally a half hour later the front desk picks up the phone and ...yep...puts me on hold. When I talk to the front desk (finally) they are upset because I am not on the "shuttle log". Now, I'm upset. I tell her to get the shuttle over immediately to terminal "B". 25 minutes later, the shuttle shows up and takes me to the hotel. Now, all the way I'm thinking they will probably put me in the worst room in the hotel because I was upset. Guess what? Right by the ice machine, not the King room I reserved. I insist on getting the King room and away from the ice machine. No King rooms left (they gave away my room). They give me room 217 and I haul the luggage back up there. Guess what? The key doesn't work. I haul the luggage back to the front desk and they re-key the room. Haul the luggage back up...AGAIN. Now, I'm usually a good natured guy, but no apology, no embarrasment. No NOTHING.That is what is really irritating me. At the top of the list for worst customer service ever, and I have stayed in some dives. Awful...awful...awful. Don't stay here. Oops...room service just showed up, they brought me the wrong meal. Why am I not surprised.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Powell55
On behalf of the entire staff here at the Atrium Hotel and Suites, I apologize for the less than satisfactory stay at our hotel. I am extremely sorry about all the issues mentioned and I have addressed each of them with the concerned departments. We assure you we will take every step to ensure this does not happen again.
We hope you visit us again, and give us another chance to make it right.
Gerneral Manager