“Nice Surprise”

Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South
Ranked #47 of 79 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This is a very clean, comfortable place to stay if you need to be near the DFW Airport. They have a free full breakfast and a free cocktail at Happy Hour. Their shuttle service is efficient and the staff are all very nice. It's a great deal for a great price.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded April 13, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South, we thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed your stay with us, and liked the hotel and the excellent services our staff provided you with. We look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

I booked two rooms for the three adults and two children total. While I received an outstanding price overall from a travel web site, this hotel stay had it's very defined ups and downs. Checking in, the girl gave me two room keys that didn't work, so I had to go back down and get them re-keyed and there was no apology! I travel quite a bit and know to keep these cards away from cell phones etc. and was careful. Much to our astonishment the photos of the pool area made the pool look much larger than it actually was, and it was in the rear of the main lobby next to the dining room! The glass elevators leading up to the rooms allow everyone the view over looking the pool and restaurant dining room. My kids commented how creepy that really is. I agree. Because the space is completely indoors with an atrium like atmosphere, the family fun is needing to be kept to a hush. This is not a family pool environment by any means. And of course, we didn't want to be rude having the kids shouting and laughing, so we only let them swim the first night. The room service orders were mis-priced and there was no itemized bills presented to us -- and -- we'd ordered it for 6 am delivery having to check out and return the car at 645 promptly to make our flight---when we spoke up about the errors the front desk agent had the audacity to snip at me "You should have told room service". Not anything close to "I'm sorry" or "What was the error, let me correct that" -- where has service gone at this hotel? While the sleep number beds in our rooms were nice to use, and the room was very clean and spacious, with king beds and sleeper sofas, desk and office chair, I laughed when I saw the old (no flat screen?) TV in the room. The staff and their poor attitudes is really what did it for me. I would stay here only for business if I had to, but the Embassy Suites is right next door and I'd spoken to a couple folks who'd stayed there recently and said it was much nicer with friendlier people working there. As far as location -- well, this place is primo. It's one exit to DFW Airport -- less than three minutes driving time, and it's on the south end of the airport property (which if you've not driven it - it's a very long property and coming in from the north end it's a long drive to return the rental car and it's at low speeds). I'll only be staying south end now since it's so close to the rental car castle. We were able to return the car and shuttle to the airport relatively quickly and make our early flight.

Room Tip: ask for rooms closer to the elevators for the way this is laid out, like a letter H with elevators i...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we apologize for some of the concerns you mentioned. While there is not much we can do about the location of the pool, (it was built that way), we can certainly work upon our customer service skills. Guest satisfaction is of great importance to us, and I will most certainly speak to the employees in question. We will take every step to make sure it does not happen again.
We truly appreciate the feedback as it helps us fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.

Reviewed April 3, 2013

I booked my company's seminar at the Park Inn, Irving Texas. When I arrived, I was so happily surprised. The room was beautiful with linens on the tables, ice water and hard candies, note pads with pens. The continental breakfast was served with linen, silver pitchers and platters artistically arranged with attractive and tasty breakfast rolls and muffins. Toasters were available for bagels. The juice was fresh and icy. Another table was set with hot coffees and teas. The podium was carefully placed. the hotel provide two screens for the power point presentation. The audio/visualarrangements were perfect. Lunch was beautiful and delicious. The food was presented with linens, silver containers and was hot and cold as appropriate. The luncheon tables were set beautifully and the service was old school and attentive. The afternoon tea was presented as lovely as the other meals. My clients were comfortable and all the written comments were positively gushing with praise for the presentation and the venue. This hotel went above and beyond to provide a comfortable 8 hours. And, the price was excellent! Perhaps that was the best part: the cost was easily afforded by my small comany. The Park Inn made my company look great! This hotel will be my only choice for all future seminars in Dallas/Fort Worth.

Room Tip: I would imagine one could not go wrong with any choice at this hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson, we thank you for such kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the hotel, the banquet facility and the excellent services by the staff here.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon for more seminars, as well as any lodging needs you might have.

Reviewed March 20, 2013

Stayed for a week using our Club Carlson points. Excellent value since only 9,000 points are needed per night. Very large clean room and a good night's sleep. The breakfast buffet was $9.95 per person and was very good. Unique hotel design that had a huge lobby area to walk around. No problem hailing the shuttle from DFW; only had to wait 20-30 minutes (it's a long drive from the hotel to the terminal we arrived at).

Tall people beware. Extremely low headroom on the staircases next to the elevators. I hit my head once (thankfully no concussion). The original builder could have taken advantage of the huge spacious lobby and installed curved staircases. Instead they squeezed in multiple landings between floors.

The bathroom was dated with the tub being in need of repair. The plexiglass light cover n the bathroom made a large whooshing sound when the bathroom door was opened quickly. More plug-ins needed throughout the room for cell phones and electrical devices. In the kitchen area, there were extra plugs up above the second shelf but I only saw them because I'm a tall guy.

The bedroom area by the closet was very dark and needs more or brighter lighting. Since the window looked out over the interior lobby, a person needs to keep the heavy blinds closed while changing. Tough to choose clothes out of the drawers/luggage in the dim light. Brighten up the room!

The iron was dirty with black marks on it so my wife left a note with the iron for housekeeping to replace. They never did so we didn't use the iron since we didn't want our clothes to get ruined.

Curb appeal: Hotel looks nice, bright and big. However, the entrance to the driveway from the freeway service road was not welcoming. No hotel entrance signs or markers. Rough pavement with potholes. A little bit of landscaping with flowers and a welcome or entrance sign would be a nice greeting for guests and potential guests. If we hadn't used the shuttle upon arrival, we might not have found the entrance in the dark.

If you get a great rate, or want to maximize the redemption of your Club Carlson points, this property is a good value.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 22, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we thank you for the time taken to write such a detailed review. We are thrilled to read that you got great value for your money, and enjoyed the breakfast buffet as well as complimentary shuttle service.
We are aware of the low headroom on the staircases, but since there is little we can do about it at this point, we have placed warning signs on every floor, which can be seen when climbing up as well as down. We are really sorry about this, and wish there were a simpler solution. Same thing with providing outlets. But if a guest requests, we do provide them with extension cords. Regarding the insufficient lighting in rooms, we are in the process of changing light bulbs in the rooms, and looking into other better options as well.
We hope to see you back again soon when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Reviewed March 19, 2013 via mobile

We have used this property before for Park, Fly, Sleep and enjoyed it, however our last experience was horrible.

Dropped the car before our departure, long line and one desk clerk, so missed one shuttle, next one took 30 minutes to arrive. Upon our return, it took an hour for us to get from the airport to the hotel (after calling), just to wait in another long line with again one desk clerk (this was at 8pm, prime check in time). Our room was dingy and could really use a refresh and of course the ice machine didn't work.

When leaving the next day, I was grossed out to see that all of the condiments (ketchup, mustard) had been left out at the bar from the previous evening. I am SO glad that we ordered pizza delivery and skipped breakfast there.

• Stayed: March 2013
1  Thank hiltongirl357
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we apologize for the less than satisfactory stay. We are sorry about the delay in the shuttle and the desk service. Of late, we did have a few of our employees calling in sick, which caused for making some last minute adjustments. We are truly sorry about it, and will take steps to ensure this does not happen again.
Regarding the condiments being left at the bar, it was probably from some real late night guests, and this is never used again the next morning. In fact the bar does not even open until the next evening, and breakfast is served in our restaurant.
We truly appreciate the feedback and will use it to fine tune operations at the hotel, in the hope that upon your next visit, we can meet or exceed your demands.

Reviewed March 14, 2013

Stayed here one night when I needed a hotel near the airport. Thought the hotel was pretty cool. Different layout then your average hotel. Huge rooms, nice free breakfast, pool, and a convienent shuttle service to airport and surrounding area. Best part was it was also very affordable!

Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Mark O
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

On behalf of everyone here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, I thank you for such wonderful words. We are thrilled to know that you enjoyed our spacious rooms, our complimentary shuttle service and the indoor pool. Our goal is to provide excellent service at an affordable price. Your review is very encouraging and motivates us to do even better.
We look forward to serving you again soon.
Sincerly

Reviewed March 11, 2013

I spent a night here a few days ago. The room was clean, comfortable, and in a good safe location.
Had dinner in the room that had it to me very quickly and it was good tasting. I would stay here again. It's is about a 15 minute drive to to airport and the shuttle is ever 30 minutes.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we thank you for taking the time to share your experience here at our hotel. We are extremely pleased to know that you enjoyed our complimentary shuttle service as well as our large clean rooms.
We look forward to seeing you back again soon when travel brings you to the Dallas area.