“Horrible Van Shuttle Service - complaints to hotel are a waste of breath”

Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South
Ranked #49 of 78 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed November 11, 2012

My company has contracted Park Inn for our training hotel here in in Dallas. We depend on the van -shuttle service for local transportation. Every van I was in had the engine check and tire pressure light illuminated as well as two of the vans indicated that the oil had no more service life.
This hotel's shuttle service has been over committed to provide good service. Long waits to be picked up from airport, poorly maintained vehicles, van leaving before the "scheduled" departure times and excessive amount of time to reach destination.

The most frustrating part was the manor I which the driver operated the vehicle - after delivering all of the other passengers to different training centers and a stop at all of the terminals at DFW (Higher Power, Flight Safety, Terminals A, B, C, D, and E) I finally was on the way to my training center. The training enter 4.3 miles from the hotel was now taking me 50 minutes to arrive. With all of the start-stop, heavy acceleration, hard braking and fast cornering I was so car sick I was sweating trying to contain myself. I complained to the front desk and the next day was more of the same. I waited approximately 45 min for a pick up from the training center so the following day I rented a car for the remainder of my stay.

The hotel was average as far as furnishings - they do advertise sleep number beds - but mine did not work ---- plenty of pillows but towels were old, worn and small. The rooms get a lot of hallway noise -- every night I was disturbed by kids running down the halls and other guests slamming doors.
I did order room service which was very speedy and reasonably priced - but do read the receipt carefully they include a tip but then have an additional line on the bill for tip - three times I tipped twice -but that was my fault.

The unfortunate part of this is that slice it is a contract with my company' there is no incentive to improve- but you can avoid a lot of frustration - just stay elsewhere.

Room Tip: Select a different hotel - there are plenty in the area - even the micro hotel would be a better cho...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
4  Thank Carrie L
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, I apologize for the shuttle service. I will address this with my team. Since the shuttle is basically for our Airport Trasnportation, we have to stop at each and every terminal, DFW is a very big airport and if we did not stop at every terminal, people would have to walk a lot to get to thier gates. But I apologize for the inconvenience you had to go through. I will work with the team at the hotel and come up with a workable practical solution to the problem.
We appreciate the feedback as it helps us fine tune operations at the hotel and offer better services to our guests.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I celebrated my daughters 15th Birthday at the Park Inn Irving TX. We had a wonderful experience. The staff went above and beyond to make our event an easy flow. They are true professionals. Even after the party was over the staff went above and beyond to comply to our every whim! They really were fantastic. Honestly it has been a long time since I have experience excellent customer service. This experience was refreshing.
The rooms are huge and comfortable, clean, with a mini fridge and microwave. We had six rooms above the ballroom and each was the same, extremely clean! Large and comfortable. This is the place to stay!!

Room Tip: Any room will be great!! Enjoy!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded November 8, 2012

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW South, we thank you for such wonderful words. We strive towards the highest level of guest satisfaction and compliments from guests such as yourself, motivates us to do even better. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed our excellent services, our clean rooms, and had a great banquet.

Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the park inn for one night before flying out of DFW for our vacation. The hotel is lovely and came at a great value. We booked with park, sleep, fly which included the shuttle to the airport and leaving our car at the hotel. We were given a suite with a great sleep number bed. I would have expected to pay a lot more for the room we were given. There is an indoor pool but it is completely open in the middle of the hotel between the lobby and the restaurant. We didn't see anyone using it. There is no hot tub which was a bit disappointing. We were extremely satisfied with the shuttle service. They were there to pick us up within 10 minutes of our phone call to them. I see no reason to stay anywhere else on future trips to the DFW airport area.

• Stayed: October 2012
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South Hotel, we thank you for such kind words. We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and found it great value for your money. We are very happy to know that you were highly impressed with our prompt shuttle service, besides our large rooms and amenities that came with it.
We thank you for taking the time to share you experience with fellow travelers.
We thank you for your business, and look foward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Reviewed October 25, 2012

I stayed at the park inn south dfw hotel for 5 days on training .... Rooms were big but old tv .. Cleaning lady never cleans room just fixes bed .. Pool supposed to be heated thats what is says on website very cold tho tried everyday spoke to front desk no change .... Shuttle service sucks never on time always late even tho they say its caused by construction thats a lie .....No free breakfast like all other hotel in area plus you pay more to stay here ... I wouldnt come back again to this Park inn hotel...........

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Pedro M
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2012

On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South, we apologize for the less than satisactory stay. I have addressed all the items with our team and we assure you we are taking steps to ensure that similar situations do not occur in future.

Reviewed October 3, 2012

This is the second year we have used the Park Inn and am happy to report that it has not disappointed again this year. The staff are all customer-focused and deliver their services on-time, every time. The meeting facilities were excellent and provided our 100 plus attendees a great experience in an excellent setting. We had no complaints regarding the rooms, food, or service. The sales staff and facilities folks should be given the credit they deserve for responding in every positive way possible. While the hotel may not be as ritzy as their next door neighbor, the service and helpfulness more than make up for any superficial differences. And the price is right!

Room Tip: Make sure you ask for a sleep number bed, these definitely give you the best night's sleep.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 5, 2012

On behalf of the entire staff here at the Park Inn by Radisson, I thank you for such wonderful words. We are thrilled to know that your conference went off smooth, and you enjoyed your stay here. Guest satisfaction is of prime importance to us, and compliments such as yours, gives us a sense of accomplisment and motivates us to do even better.
We thank you for your business and look forward to seeing you back again soon, when travel brings you to the Dallas area.

Reviewed October 2, 2012

While I was there last weekend, the battery in my car died. A gentleman behind the front desk offered to use his personal car to jump start mine, and I was on my way in short order. This kind of service isn't required and that's what makes it so nice. Many thanks and I'll see you again soon!

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled solo
sally75062, General Manager at Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South, responded to this reviewResponded October 3, 2012

On behalf of the entire staff at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South, we thank you for your kind words. We are thrilled to know that one of our team members went above and beyond to help you. Customer service is of great importance and we always strive towards the highest level of guest satisfactions. Compliments from our guests motives us to do even better.

Reviewed October 1, 2012

I stayed here earlier this year and had such a great stay I decided to come back and bring my wife. We received another room upgrade (they have lots of suites, so your odds of getting an upgrade are probably good if you're a Club Carlson member) and terrific service just like the last time. For the price paid, the Park Inn DFW South was an absolute steal and the perfect place for an overnight close to the airport.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

On behalf of everyone here at the Park Inn by Radisson DFW Airport South, I want to thank you for your time taken to share your experience at the hotel. We are thrilled to see that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. We are glad you enjoyed the upgrade and our services. Guest satisfaction is of prime importance to us, and compliments such as yours tells us we are doing a great job, and motivates us to do even better.
Sally Naidu

Also consider these accommodations in or near Irving
Quality Inn & Suites DFW Airport South
Best Western Plus DFW Airport Suites
Hyatt Regency DFW
Hyatt Regency DFW
#28 of 207 in Dallas

Been to Atrium Hotel & Suites, DFW Airport South? Share your experiences!