“Forgot Wakeup call!”

Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed February 20, 2011

Yes, the hotel was clean, comfortable and convenient. There were even gorgeous live orchids in the lobby. We were picked up at the airport in 15 minutes and when we went back for our flight we were taken immediately. The rate was excellent and we were upgraded to a suite with living room and efficiency kitchen. However the wakeup call the next morning which we ordered at check in and which I watched the male desk clerk write down never happened. I even asked if we should put in a backup wake up call for 15 minutes later and was told not to worry that there wake up calls always happen. However it didn't! Being a suspenders and belt kind of person, I had my husband set his phone. Thank goodness or we would have missed our early flight. When I complained at check in, the female desk clerk said "oh, I made all the calls" I had her look up on her sheet and sure enough ours was not checked off.
Also, we went down exactly to the minute when breakfast was supposed to start. We found the breakfast room (lobby) in a complete shambles with no food left. Apparently about 25 volleyball playing girls and their 5 useless chaparones were accomodated early. They had eaten all the food, taken all the seats and left their garbage everywhere. We complained to the same non-phoning desk clerk and she just shrugged. She should have ordered breakfast brought to our room, or comped us the cost of breakfast. Anyway we just left and ate at the airport. This is probably a one time event, so shouldn't influence your decision to stay here.
On the plus side, there was a free computer with internet available and a great Italian/pizza restaurant, across the parking lot.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North

Reviewed February 13, 2011

As good an airpport hotel as you are likely to find. Not the cheapest but it was a very nice room. Their shuttle seemed reliable, their breakfast was acceptable and their rooms great.

We left our car there for 3 weeks while we travelled. Their park and fly rate was better than many other hotels.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 3, 2011

I can't say enough good things about my 2 night stay at the Element. Believe me, I've stayed at much more expensive hotels that didn't offer half the things you get at the Element. The property is beautiful, modern and is tastefully designed. The rooms all have kitchens (no oven) that are fully equipped with cooking utensils, dishes, silverware, etc. The beds and linens are top quality. Free high speed internet and a nice flat screen television in all rooms. The showers are wonderful with rainfall shower heads the size of a pizza box. There's a small mini-mart by the front desk and there are grills on the outside patio. There are nightly lobby receptions that include complimentary drinks and hot snacks. There's even a Wii game system in the lobby for anyone that wants to use it. The hotel is located in a business complex area and there are several restaurants across the parking lot including deli, Mexican, Asian, Indian, and casual cuisines. There is no restaurant on the premesis. If you have a way to get around the area there are many other restaurant choices just 1 exit east of the hotel off I-635. That's also where you'll find the nearest large grocery store. From the Element to the rental car facility at the south end of DFW airport is approximately a 17 minute drive. I found the hotel's staff to be courteous and helpful. My reservations were booked through the Element's website and I opted for a non-refundable, advance purchase rate of $71 a night plus taxes for a room with 2 queen beds. I'd highly recommend the Element to anyone looking for a hotel in the north Irving area. My 11 year-old son and I loved our stay. A++

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed December 13, 2010

This is one of the best hotels I've stayed at in the country. The design that went into this place totally changes the travel experience. Pros: High speed internet that is actually high speed, room lighting, modern design, kitchen, high def TV, delicious breakfast, good customer service. Cons: It is a bit remote.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank footnote79
Reviewed December 8, 2010

we a co-worker and myself hade made reservations to stay at the element. we had traveled from houston to dallas when we arrived to the hotel the desk clerk stated there were no rooms. we explained we had made reservations again it did not matter there were no rooms when we aske why we were not contacted he stated they did not have my phone number however they had my e-mail because they sent me a confirmation??we then asked to speak to a manager but no manager on site we asked for a phone number to con tact someone but again we were told to just call the main number the customer service was very poor. i have stayed there at the element before its a decent hotel however after the treatment we received not sure i will stay there again there are many nicer hotels in the same area.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank UPSETGUEST2
Reviewed November 16, 2010

This hotel is not as close to the airport as I had thought based on the name. It is situated in an office park with very little around save a McDonalds across the street. The rooms are nice and the hotel is clean but I would not recommend this hotel for anyone other than a business traveler passing through or someone who only needs a place to rest their head for the night.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed November 12, 2010

The room - modern & sleek - comfortable bed, large screen TV - fully equipped kitchen & rain shower head. Mini market with wine & beer & snacks plus more. Hotel staff extremely friendly and helpful. Hot and unique breakfast bar. Yummy! Would recommend!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business