“REPEAT CUSTOMER FOR A REASON...”

Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North
Ranked #12 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Hello. Let me please preface thie review by stating that I am a Starwood member and so stay with the brand wherever I go. I have now stayed at this hotel TWICE in the last month.

The first time I booked this hotel it was the first time I had ever stayed at an Element. I have stayed in similar hotels in the Starwood chain like ALoft, but Element struck me as a fresh alternative and so I gave it a try. GREAT MOVE ON MY PART!

Location is great; right near the airport. Didnt use the hotel shuttle at all as I rented a can both stays but as I said very close. McDonalds, proprietary restaurants, donut shops and gas stations all literally in the extended parking lot. About 20-25 minutes to downtown Dallas, and the drive isn't bad.

Check in was a breeze with the auto-kiosk that only needed a credit card. It spit out my keys and everything!

Rooms are VERY CLEAN and have an airy feeling. Huge windows contribute to this fact I'm sure. Wood floors in the room are a nice touch and of course a huge tv! Bright bathroom with Kohler fixtures. Toilet is European design with 2 different flush options. Shower is HUGE with "rain" showerhead and also water wand. Kitchenette is perfect with full size fridge and small stove, microwave, sink and dishes. A family would be very comfortable here for an extended period of time.

The little things at this hotel are what make the difference. I could have stayed at the Westin or Sheraton right down the street for the same money, but would have had to pay for internet use and gotten no free breakfast. That's right...FREE BREAKFAST in the morning, EVERY MORNING EVEN ON WEEKENDS. There is also a managers reception with cocktails every weeknight. Free parking is nice as I've paid up to $50 a night in some cities like CHI or NY. 2 computers in the lobby with free use and printing for anyone! Fitness center has everything you need for a stay with lots if newer equipment and free weights.

Loved every minute of my stay here and my wife did too! SHE LOVED THE POOL!!!

We'll be back to stay in this chain of the Starwood branch!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North

Reviewed May 28, 2010

Finally, a hotel with a conscience for personal health and the environment!
We called for a shuttle, and the van came right to us for pick up, and upon departure took us to the nearby Starbucks before driving to the airport.
The saline pool was awesome, and so was the breakfast buffet in the am, with smoothies, a variety of egg burritos, muffins, cereal all with normal and healthy options!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed May 24, 2010

My company put me up in this hotel twice now and I was very pleased during both visits. The staff has been very friendly and tolerant of my group's socializing until the wee hours of the morning. It was an added bonus to have a spacious and casual common area (with board games) so my group didn't have to squeeze into one person's room. The outdoor pool looked very well maintained and the patio area was relaxing. Had my group been prepared, we probably would have made use of the grill on the patio. We had other events planned during the nightly welcome reception M-Th but I saw them setting up for it and looked to be a quite the spread. The DVD player in each room was a welcome surprise and I was able to walk to the gas station an rent a movie from their Redbox. The beds and comforters were plush and the interior design of the room was modern with clean lines. I am taller than average and appreciated the increased height of the bathroom sinks.

Should I find myself in the DFW area on a personal trip, I will be booking with Element!
-Mariah R.

Reviewed May 20, 2010

I have stayed at the Element a number of times. Every stay has been amazing - the facilities and the employees are both top notch. The rooms are beautiful (nice furniture, brand new appliances in the fully-stocked kitchen, and spacious bathrooms and showers) and the common areas are elegant. The staff is more than accomodating and will help you get wherever you need to go. The surrounding area features a Subway, McDonald's, great pizza place, and a nice Mexican restaurant.

- Nate Borland

Reviewed May 16, 2010

I have been traveling to Dallas for business on a weekly basis. I usually stay at the Marriott and Sheraton down the road. I got sick of both of those hotels and decided to give this one a try. I am very glad I did. I stayed in a studio room, complete with a kitchen and a very modern room. It feels more like an apartment in Tokyo then a hotel room. One drawback, there is no restaurant or room service but there are lots of eateries within the same parking lot area, so food was not a problem. The hotel is a new concept hotel, earth toned, eco-friendly and very well lit. I will definitely stay here again.

Reviewed May 15, 2010

What a great hotel, one of the first that I stayed in, in a very long time where I looked forward to going back to the hotel to relax and where I looked forward to taking a shower in.
Very comfortable with a great layout, more than enough room for everything. Plenty of closets and cabinets, nice kitchen area, nice work area and living room, great bedroom.
Air conditioner does not make a racket and you can set the room temperature. The bathroom is a real treat with a great shower and all natural / organic products that feel good on your hair and body.
The only thing I wish they had was a real coffee maker being they have a kitchen area. Unfortunately, they have one of those one-cup instant coffee makers that uses a pod. I carry my own Starbucks with me and would like to be able to make a real pot of coffee when working and especially in the morning when I wake.
You will not be sorry staying at this hotel.
A wonderful concept and a great stay.

Reviewed May 6, 2010

I stayed here for three nights and was very happy with my choice. It was very close to my business destination so that made it more attractive for myself. However, the hotel itself is very clean, the rooms were very clean and the staff was very curteous and friendly.

They serve breakfast in the mornings and have a shuttle that will take you pretty much anywhere. We mainly used the shuttle for coming from and going to the airport and also for going to our business destination in the morning. One of the evenings we used the shuttle service for a restaurant that the staff recommended (which was a great place called Hard Eight) and they drove us there and later came picked us up. Also, internet is complimentary and the room I stayed in which was the Studio room I believe was spacious, had a refrigerator, stove, flat panel TV, coffee and tea. Bathrooms were very clean and nice sized as well.

I have nothing bad to say about the hotel or the staff. They really made my stay a very pleasant one.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled on business