“Excellent DFW Hotel”

Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North
Ranked #18 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This property is a great choice at DFW Airport! It provides a complimentary shuttle to/from the airport. If you don’t have a cell phone with you, the hotel is not listed on the complimentary call board. We called The Sheraton (a sister property) and were transferred to Elements to arrange for our transfer.

Our room was really nice! It featured an ultramodern design and included a full-size frig, microwave, two burner stove top and a dining area in the cooking area. There was a sofa with flat screen TV as well as a king-size bed in the other main area in the room. The bathroom was spacious and had great lighting. There was a walk-in shower (no bath). Amenities such as shampoo and body soap where provided in dispensers. Hand lotion was provided in a small bottle.

Monday through Thursday evenings the hotel offers a light dinner along with complimentary beer and wine in a main seating area near reception. The food was delicious the night we were at the hotel. Featured items included a fresh romaine salad; chicken salad; a veggie tray; a cheese platter; hard rolls; and items such as nuts, chips, etc. Also fresh fruit was available. The beer was a local brewed ale and the wine was an acceptable brand. The reception ran from 5:30P – 7:00P. It was a great way to unwind!

The hotel is near various food outlets if you don’t stay Monday – Thursday (i.e., Subway, a Mexican restaurant, McDonald’s, etc.). Despite it being close to the airport, there was absolutely no airport noise heard indoors. Elements also had a great workout facility near the lobby.

The room rate includes a complimentary breakfast in the same area where the evening reception was held. There were plenty of tables so there are no issues with seating. Breakfast also was great. It featured breakfast burritos (with salsa available), scrambled eggs, various cereals, yogurt, fresh fruit, etc.

We highly recommend Elements and will use it again when staying overnight near DFW Airport.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2013

Dear Excellent Adventurer, we really appreciate your detailed review. I don't think you missed a detail on the hotel description! Sorry that we don't have a phone at the DFW Airport and if you experienced extended wait times. Happy to hear that you were satisfied with the property enough to refer us to others. We hope to have an opportunity to return again, soon!

Reviewed August 24, 2013

I booked this hotel mainly because it was inexpensive, as I was only spending the night before a long-haul flight. Really pleasantly surprised. Very tasteful and modern, clean, a small but usable pool, large rooms with a couch/sitting area and a KITCHEN! With all plates, utensils etc, and elegantly designed. Great selection of channels on the TV, including MY favorite: "BBC America", usually hard to find. A full breakfast in the morning, (though I think it should go to 10:30, instead of 10:00), and though the hotel has no restaurant or bar, it has a little shop that sells frozen foods and sundries, including alcohol. You won't get a gourmet dinner here, or room-service, nor a bathrobe and slippers, but aside from these, it is a terrific, little hotel. The staff were as friendly and helpful as could be, and the bed was honestly the most comfortable I have EVER slept in. Not exaggerating.The pillows and linens too - so soft and fluffy, and no weird detergent, room freshener, fabric softener or other smells. Just clean. I didn't want to leave. I honestly had the thought of canceling my trip and just going back to sleep. On top of this, there are little lights hidden in the ceiling/top of the wall, that you don't even notice, 'til you turn off the lights. They create an incredibly peaceful, lovely and serene atmosphere, absolutely PERFECT for sleeping. Divine. The shower is also nice, with a rain-water option or hand-held nozzle. I only have a few gripes. One, the tiny white wine I bought at their little store, tasted like moonshine with yellow coloring. (Just get better wine). The windows don't open (but then most airport hotel windows don't open, and more and more NON-airport hotel windows don't open.) Just saying though. And my worst peeve, is those horrible, "energy saving" light bulbs, that give you headaches, give off weird, horrible, uninviting light, and have been proven to not only be unhealthy, but actually BAD for the environment, as they are very difficult and time consuming, to dispose of properly, if at all. Just put in traditional bulbs - problem solved. Finally, the van service picked me up quickly and will also take guests to locations within 5 miles of the hotel. Both of the drivers I had were also very friendly. Staff should be told, however, to specify E8, not just E, lower level, when directing guests where to wait. i wandered a lot, with heavy bags, had to call several times, and the driver was also looking for ME. But all in all, I give this hotel a solid 4. It's only not a five because it's not a five star hotel. Very good.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank InlovewGstaad
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Tired Traveller, thank you for the detailed review! Funny that you almost cancelled your trip to continue to sleep in the heavenly bed! So glad that you enjoyed the concept of the Element by Westin. Part of the reason we use the light bulbs is because we are a green hotel. Everything is recycled, sustainable & environmentally friendly. Hope you had a great trip and have an opportunity to visit us again, soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013 via mobile

I read the reviews online prior to staying here at the Element DFW and I couldn't wait to visit this hotel. Primarily to see if this hotel is really what others say and for the welcome reception hours. I had a long layover so I figured why not stay here for the night. I've never heard of a hotel offering guests a welcome reception. Never! I called the hotel when I arrived at the airport for pickup at the terminal and was told that I will have to wait about 20 mins since the van was at another pickup location off the airport. I wasn't disappointed at all since the receptionist, Ms. Kiki was very polite and respectful to me. She offered to give me a call back once the van was enroute back to the airport so I won't have to stand outside and wait in the heat. Ms. Kiki did follow up on her word and gave me a call back once the van was on its way. That's how I knew that the Element cared about their guests. Anyways, when the van came, I was a bit surprised that it wasn't much larger like a full sized van. It was more of a 7 passenger minivan. Just a suggestion, the hotel shuttle needs to have more vehicles added to their fleet or they should add schedule pickup times. The driver loaded the bags and made sure that everyone on board was going to the Element hotel. It took us about 10 mins on the highway to get to our destination without any traffic. So, I have to factor in the travel time when leaving the hotel for the airport depending on whenever is rush hour here and the time it takes to wait for the hotel shuttle. When I arrived at the hotel, I was more than pleased to know that there was a small shopping center right on the hotel grounds with different restaurants to eat at. McDonald's, Subway, a Mexican restaurant and a few others all within walking distance of 5 mins. I had no problem during the check-in process, was told about the welcome reception and the location of where everything was. When I checked in, I had about 10 mins before the welcome reception was over at 7pm. The hotel's website lists the ending time at 7:30pm. I didn't even bother going up to my room with my luggage. The welcome reception consisted of salad, warm/soft ciabatta bread, vegetable, fruits, snacks and non-alcoholic beverages all free of charge. Help yourself to as much as you like. There was also beer and wine available for purchase. There's everything at this hotel that you'll need for your stay here. The pool area looked so inviting (closes at 11pm), there's 2 available computers and a printer for your use, a gym, laundry room, a 24hr pantry shop with items for purchase and ample space for parking. If you're driving a rental car, there's also a gas station that you can see from the hotel's front parking lot and a car wash across the street from the hotel. I stayed in Rm#409 and it was just pristine. I had a studio room w/King bed and sleeper sofa. The room has a full sized refrigerator, stove top burner, dishwasher, microwave and a toaster. All utensils included. The sleeper sofa can actually fit 2 ppl and there were sufficient supplies available in the cupboard and in the btrm. No need to bring bodywash as the hotel supplies this for you. The Element is a smoke free eco-friendly hotel that recycles and cuts down on the cost of wastes. The hotel smelled so fresh and clean like no other hotel I've stayed at before. I can't wait for bkfst in the morning. Sorry, I couldn't upload any pics yet, but I will upload them when I get back from my week long trip. If you need info on how the breakfast was, just leave me a message and I'll respond. I will definitely be staying here again!

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Janice L
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

What a lovely review! So glad that you had an opportunity to stay with us and post such a detailed review for us, thank you. We are very sorry that you experienced a 20 minute wait, we also have a 12 passenger van that is unexpectedly being serviced so our transportation service was a little delayed. Airport transfers are scheduled in advance for drop offs but for pick ups we are not able to preschedule due to flight delays and we are not able to stage without being ticketed. I also noted that there was a misprint on our website which has now been updated-thanks too for pointing that out and allowing us the opportunity to not disappoint another guest. The "Relax" reception is held Monday-Thursday, 5:30-7pm. We serve a light meal, beer, wine and sodas. The menu is posted weekly on our facebook page @ elementdfwnorth
After your very detailed review, I just have one question..how was breakfast??? We hope you have another opportunity to visit us again, soon!

Reviewed August 22, 2013

We stayed here for 3 night stop over before heading back to Brisbane and would definitely stay here again if in Dallas. The hotel shuttle service was a welcome addition after a long delay from New York due to weather. Even at 10.30pm the check in staff were very friendly and helpful to weary travellers. The hotel is eco friendly with filtered water, full size fridge and a microwave in spacious rooms, the bed and pillows being very comfortable. There is a business center and all day coffee for guests and the hotel shuttle will take you anywhere within a 5 mile radius. Breakfast was good and the smoothy shots excellent, and the afternoon happy was a great addition with free beer, wine and soft drink as well as burgers or nachos and salad. Overall a great place to rest, the only draw back would be the slow internet which seemed worse on the third floor.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nannyw56

So happy that you love and appreciate the brand! We appreciate your feedback very much. Next time try to schedule time to enjoy our "Relax" reception, it is complimentary, Monday-Thursday, 5:30-7pm. A light meal is provided, beer, wine and sodas. A tip for future bookings, we do fill most Tuesdays and Wednesdays so be sure to make your reservation 2 weeks in advance so that you don't run into availability issues, if your stay is over these days of the week. Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again, soon!

Reviewed August 19, 2013

We spent a night here before a long-haul flight from DFW and loved this hotel. I had stayed at an Element hotel in another city before, and had been very impressed -- my stay at the DFW Element confirms my appreciation for this brand. Some high points for me: the eco-focus of the Element hotels (fits my values), the extremely comfy bed, the little kitchen area, the well-equipped gym (it has both free weights and some weight machines, as well as the standard cardio gear), and the smoothie shots at breakfast. The pool area is very pretty and stays open till 11 pm, which is nice (although sadly the pool is not big enough to have a real swim in -- I'm a lap-swimmer, so hotel pools are a constant disappointment to me in that respect). The shuttle was very efficient -- we called the hotel from the airport, and only waited about 10 minutes for it to arrive. The trip took about 10 minutes each way, even though we were returning back to the airport at 8:30 am on a Monday morning. It's not a very big shuttle van, so we reserved our return to the airport when we checked in. We didn't need to eat dinner, but it seems that there is an Indian Restaurant and a Mediterranean Cafe in the next door strip mall, besides the usual fast food outlets. I would recommend booking early for this hotel if you can -- we had tried to stay here on previous trips, but it had always been full. I'm glad they had space for us this time!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded August 20, 2013

So glad that you choose to stay with us! Sorry to hear that you have had availability issues. It is true, as we have grown in popularity we sell out about 2 weeks out on Tuesdays & Wednesdays. Try to get those reservations in early or call the sales department, we'll be happy to assist if we can! Looking forward to your return!

Reviewed August 14, 2013

1 King Suite, 3 Night Stay for 2 Adults

This would be a great place for a family with small children because the rooms are so spacious.

THE ROOM: Beautiful, newer clean and modern hotel for a fantastic price. Like walking into IKEA's display area. The room itself was like a small apartment. It was very clean, up-to-date, spacious and had everything you could need in a hotel room. All the amenities were there and even more than we could expect. The room included a full L shaped sofa, a TV on a swivel stand, multiple seats options and a full kitchen with all the appliances and accessories you need.

THE BED: The King bed was very comfortable. We slept straight through the night. Pillows were not down filled but FELT like it was.

THE BATHROOM: Again, it was very clean and beautiful. I loved the huge "rain" shower head and the optional flush - 1 button for less water and a second button for more water flush.

THE SERVICE: Everyone was helpful and friendly. I used a plate and fork and left them in my sink only to find that housekeeping even washed my dishes for me!!

BREAKFAST: Lots of options. Different every day. Hot and freshly made. It was even beautifully set up.

My husband has allergies and asthma so this central-air and eco-friendly hotel was perfect. The we paid for our room online and was able to save even more than the original rates. With taxes, we paid just about $100 a night. What a deal!!

I will be looking for Element hotels wherever we go.

We tried very hard to find something wrong with this hotel and the only thing we could come up with was the direction of the toilet paper roll holder - the toilet roll kept falling off the holder when you pull on tp. THAT's IT!!

Thanks for an amazing experience.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
Laura M, Director of Sales at Element Dallas Fort Worth Airport North, responded to this reviewResponded August 16, 2013

What a generous review! Thank you! We will be using your review to encourage and motivate our staff at our next employee rally. We are so thrilled that you are now an Element convert and love the brand. Please come back to see us again soon and we will try to exceed every expectation in getting that toilet paper roll replaced. Thanks for ending our work week with this glowing review!

Reviewed August 10, 2013

After a very long flight from Sydney as well as navigating the queues at Dallas airport, we stayed at this hotel for 3 nights to acclimatise ourselves (from winter to summer) and get over the jetlag. This hotel was not listed among the hotels at the courtesy phone list, so we rang the nearby Sheraton and asked to be connected to Element (also part of Starwood) so we can request for a shuttle pick-up, which arrived after 20 minutes. The hotel is quite isolated although beside a small strip mall and shuttle drivers also double as reception staff. Most restaurants nearby were closed on a Sunday, so we just had a late lunch next door at Subway and dinner at McDonalds. Complimentary breakfast at the hotel was more than adequate and the smoothies in shot glasses were divine. The evening reception fare (only Monday to Thursday) included crudites and savoury dishes along with a choice of soda, wine or beer. Absolutely relaxing. The good thing is that they change some of the items so you don't get the same thing for breakfast or evening reception. For the room: it was very clean; heavenly beds; large shower; a full kitchen with a fridge; and free internet. The cons: small uninviting swimming pool, inability to open the blinds because of privacy concerns if your were given a ground floor room, being reliant on the hotel shuttle because the hotel is far from the main drag. Booked the hotel shuttle to go to Grapevine Mills mall and the train station.
Other pluses include: friendly staff, eco-friendly/green hotel (maybe that's why the bottle of lotion was not replaced after the first day), and the 24/7 grab and go pantry.
A minor negative was when they made a mistake in the bill even though I made an effort to highlight this at check-in, but they promptly corrected this.
This was a stop off point on our way to the New York but while staying in this hotel, we managed to do some shopping and sightseeing (Sixth floor museum).
This hotel is definitely value for money if you are in the Dallas, Forth Worth, Irving area.

Room Tip: Higher floor so you can open the blinds.