“Thai-ish Cafe serving Thai and Americanized Chinese”

Blu Ginger Thai Cafe
Ranked #266 of 596 Restaurants in Irving
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Luckily I was solo and could sit at the bar avoiding the wait. The owner was on site and acting as the restaurant manager. Everyone at the bar was overwhelmed with exceptional service. While not traditional Thai this Thai infusion cafe will see me again.

Reviewed September 4, 2012

This restaurant has solid Thai dishes at a reasonable price. I would recommend but don't expect to come away with something you haven't seen before. Nothing wrong with solid Thai food!

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The cashew shrimp was a bit watery for me and was expecting the sauce to be a little thicker with more flavor. I went back a second time to give it a chance and the Masaman Curry was much better as was the house salad. The salad had shredded lettuce that added a delicious texture that I enjoyed.

Reviewed June 26, 2011

Recently I arranged a luncheon with a couple of friends I haven't see for awhile. I barely was seated (my friends had not arrived yet) and was asked for my drink order. Then the second my friends arrived they wanted to take our lunch order. After that, we were halfway through our soup when our entrees arrived .. needless to say we felt rushed. Some comments were made at the table but we were having fun so we didn't say anything. But here is the rude part - the maitre de put a reserved sign on our table and stated they needed the table even though we had only been at the restaurant 25 minutes or so! You know, even McDonalds allows you to have a decent dining experience. If you want a place that wants to take your money and run and puts such little value on the customer's dining experience, show up at lunch around 12:00.

Reviewed March 13, 2010

Good Thai restaurant near DFW. I have had much more flavorful red curries at other restaurants than what I experienced here, but it was good none the less. The service was overly attentive and borderline annoying, I must have been asked about 10 times if my meal was ok! Just let me eat in peace, please!