I joined both Trip Advisor and Yelp today for the sole purpose of warning people to stay away from this hotel. The only reason I gave a one star rating is because zero was not an option.
First, the hotel did not have my sister's reservation on file. Even after she pulled up the confirmation number on her Iphone, the girl at the front desk continued to stare vacantly until my sister asked her if she could just rebook. The stare went from vacant to annoyed after this, as we interrupted her online shopping on her work computer.
The carpet in our room was stained with what looked to be pet accidents. Also, of our three night stay our room was only cleaned once.
Thanksgiving morning the power went out 5 times within a half hour period. This was puzzling because there may have been ten rooms booked (tops) and there wasn't any bad weather.
Friday morning, there was no hot water. I wanted to work out and asked the girl at the front desk how much longer until it was fixed because I wouldn't work out if there wasn't going to be hot water, and she said it would definitely be within the hour. Well, two hours later there was still no hot water and all we got in response were more vacant stares and I'm not sures. They took the previous night off of our bill, but that didn't stop me from having to wash my hair in the sink.
Saturday morning there was STILL no hot water after letting the water run for ten minutes. When I went downstairs to let Girl Wonder at the front desk know that for the second day in a row now, we didn't have hot water and I just washed my hair in the sink for the second day now. She asked if I let the water run long enough; our room is on the other side of the hotel as the boiler. I asked if five minutes was enough time or should I plan on spending the morning waiting. Again, more blank stares. I asked how we would be compensated for our consistent inconvenience and she said she would credit our Starwood rewards card with points. We checked out a day early and drove 14 hours overnight to Chicago.
In addition to all of this,
1. We received NOT ONE APOLOGY from any member of the staff.
2. When we asked to speak to a manager, we were told there wasn't one on duty numerous times for two days.
3. We were down at the bar having a couple of over priced drinks one of the nights. We were still drinking and we asked for another drink and she said no because she had already removed the tappers. We said we thought the bar was open until 11 and she said her boss told her she could leave early. It was about 10pm.
4. The next night the bar was open until 12am like it was supposed to be, but that was probably because the bartender was making a killing off the (maybe) 18 year olds sitting at the bar.
5. There is no form of supervision at this hotel for the staff. There was not one responsible party working at any time. I know this because the Girl Wonders working started every sentence with "I'm not authorized to..."
I cannot believe this is a Starwood property. I have always had exceptional experiences at Westin and W hotels. At the price ($90/night), I wasn't expecting anything luxurious, but I was expecting to be able to take a hot shower and a clean room. Please save yourself money and frustration. There are plenty of hotels that might cost $10-$20 more a night nearby, so please spend the money and save yourself a constant headache.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Known for our comfortable and affordable hotel rooms, our hotel also provides meeting space, complimentary wifi, and a convenient location to the Irving Convention Center. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Starwood, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and Agoda so you can book your Aloft Las Colinas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Aloft Las Colinas Hotel Irving
- Aloft Hotel Irving
- Aloft Hotel Las Colinas