“Same quality experience as other alofts”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Aloft Las Colinas

Aloft Las Colinas
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Matthews, North Carolina
“Same quality experience as other alofts”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2008

I stayed here about one week after this aloft opened, and like the O'Hare aloft I had stayed at the previous week, it was a very unique hotel. Unlike other Starwood brands, it looks like all the alofts will have exactly the same room layouts, decor, etc. - which will be great for awhile, until it potentially gets boring down the road. It will also force Starwood to keep up the cleanliness and appearance of all equally - this one was equally as clean and fresh as the O'Hare aloft. There are many major businesses in the near vicinity of the hotel (hence my hotel choice in this instance), and the hotel has a shuttle up and running to take you there if needed. The self-serve breakfast had a good assortment of items, and was quite reasonably priced - far cheaper than a one-size-fits-all buffet, or the overpriced room service of a Sheraton. Everything was in good working order, with the exception of a few HD channels that were experiencing some satellite difficulty. With the Starwood promotion through year end of earning 8 points per dollar spent at an aloft, for my money, it's definitely worth it when compared to the variable quality of some recent Sheraton stays I've had.

• Liked — Clean, fresh, and close to my business meetings
  • Disliked — Not many restaurants nearby
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Aloft_Las_Colinas, General Manager at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, July 25, 2011
Thank you for deciding to visit us here in Las Colinas! Your comments regarding the value of an aloft when compared to other brands could not be more true! We will do our best to maintain the standard of cleanliness, service and overall condition you have come to expect!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Houston, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2008

I happened across this hotel while searching for places in the Dallas, TX areas. What a FIND it was! I love all things modern and contemporary so this hotel was right up my tasteful alley! From the moment I walked in, I felt apart of a trendy, classy, relaxing, yet exciting group of travelers. It felt awkwardly comfortable walking into the front doors to a minimalist front desk area with polo shirt clad representatives saying, "Aloha!" It was nice to not have a big standard (sometimes intimidating) front desk at which to check in.

I got a standard room (King bed) for $89.00/night initally. When I came in the room I immediately logged onto the Aloft Hotel website to see if they had any promotional rates available. Sure enough they had the same room available fro $69.00/night. I went back downstairs where the agent gladly researched the rate and changed mine to $69/night.

This is a new hotel, so everything has a new, fresh, and vibrant feeling to it. The room is spacious and open. The bed linens were clean and very comfortable. There was complimentary coffees and water in the room. The big 42" flat screen on the wall definitely made me feel like I had stumbled on to something GREAT! There is even a AOMNI Plug-N-Play box available so you can watch movies and stuff that are in your computer on the Big Screen TV. TOO COOL!!!! (FYI - bring your own HDMI-USB-LAN-PC VIDEO-S VIDEO cords if you intend to take advantage of it).

I even peeked my head into the adequately furnished gym that they have on property. VERY NICE EQUIPMENT. The pool area and adjacent outdoor lounge area are definitely pluses. So far, I havent found ONE thing that I can genuinely complain about! This hotel had me from moment #1. I'm super glad I decided to stay here. I had a few guests over and they ALL thought it was a fantastic place. Did I mention that this joint is SUPER QUIET! So its great for business travelers!

Free Wi-Fi (or LAN in your room)
Coffee Cafe/Bar/Food Store on the first floor
More cable channels than any hotel I've ever been in
Stand up shower (which ladies may or may not like)
Shower had wonderful shower gels and shampoo on the wall
Refrigerator in the room - Safe in the room
RIGHT next door to a Chipotle Restaurant (HEYYYY!!!)
Shopping areas within 2 miles
Pool table downstairs (it turns into a real party every night - so FUN)

YOU WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED! TAKE MY WORD FOR IT!!

• Liked — Sleek decor, friendly staff, and relaxing atmosphere!
  • Disliked — It's attached to freeways, but its a 10 mile ride to Dallas proper.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled on business
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank MusicalTravel
It seems as though we made quite the impression on you! Thank you for sharing your experience at aloft Las Colinas with the traveling public!