“A good hotel”

Ranked #28 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Fairview Heights, Illinois
“A good hotel”
Reviewed March 7, 2014

A very interesting hotel, well appointed, and decent rooms. The rooms are a loft style with interesting and pleasing appointments. The staff were friendly and very helpful. Only drawback was not having a restaurant on the property, but adjacent is several casual eating places.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Dear Brian M.,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and especially that you found the rooms to your liking. Aloft is such a unique brand so we are glad to hear that you liked the experience. We hope you will stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Plainfield, Illinois, United States
Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

Whenever I travel, I always look for an Aloft. I know that it's clean, friendly, and consistent. The dog love's it too. The price is right. I will always stay at the Aloft. The design is cool. It's just my kinda place.

Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear WerldTrav3l3r,
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and thank you for your brand loyalty to Aloft. We certainly agree that the vibe fits us just right as well, so we are glad to hear that you think so too. We look forward to seeing you again the next time you are in Las Colinas.
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed January 31, 2014

This is my 2nd stay at an Aloft (1st in another city) and I must say I am still impressed. Overall everything was perfect, service, cleanliness, etc. and as before the beds are the most comfortable I have ever slept in.

Seattle, Washington
Reviewed January 29, 2014

As I walked into the aloft, which seemed more like an overly-hippish Best Western, initially I wasn’t sure if I was entering a gym, club or some new-agey type of business. Never mind the front desk person who was completely clueless, let’s talk about the room. I walked into my room and it was almost identical to a college dorm room. The built-in wooden shelves, the cheap furniture, the thin walls, the shampoo dispensers in the shower stall and the axe-smelling body wash. If I were 14-18 y/o, this place would totally appeal to me, but not someone who stays in a hotel at least one night a week. The bed was pretty much like a futon, the pillows felt like they were filled with lumpy oatmeal and the heater was LOUD.

On the flipside, I’m a new parent with a 2 month old, so the 7 hours of uninterrupted sleep was priceless.

Some advice to the W: Every aspect of your hotel seems very forced. You’re not in Miami beach, you’re not in NYC and you’re definitely not catering to spring-breakers. What makes business travelers feel good is consistency, good customer service and a comfortable bed.

1 Thank Audifanatic
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Dear Audifanatic:
I am so sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy your stay at Aloft Las Colinas. While we are our own brand, we are inspired by the W Hotel and try to infuse the some of the loft style big city vibe into unexpected places, like Irving, TX. While we understand this lifestyle brand isn't for everyone, we certainly appreciate you taking the time to write this review so that we can learn from our guests about what works and what doesn't. Again, I am sorry that your expectations weren't meant, but I hope the rest of your time in Las Colinas was much better.
Apollo Beach, Florida
Reviewed January 26, 2014

Hotel is right off 114, easy to find and a couple breakfast and dinner places in the shopping center if you don't want to drive. Endless choices for meals in a 2 mile radius. Rooms are aloft standard, always clean. AC is a little noisy, but you aren't paying for a westin. Only big advice-dint use too much shampoo in the shower. Water flow is very low, so the "rinse cycle" takes forever. Nice sized rooms, bar vibe is very good as others have noted, snacks in the lobby if you are hungry at nite or arrive late

ynotbloom
Reviewed January 1, 2014

A 4 room stay here on a multi-family expedition to the Ft Worth stockyards.

Great location for many locations on our itinerary, including Medieval Times just down the highway. Lots of food eateries across the parking lot or nearby within a 5 minute drive. Comfortably safe looking area of the metro. On Site Food selection lacked some of my personal protein items (more nuts, and more basic sandwiches would have been nice).

Rooms are what you expect from Aloft. Comfortable, Clean, Spacious shower and vanity area.

Lobby gave us a great atmosphere to just kick back, relax, play cards, and chat after a long day of driving and events! Pool was great - even at this time of year (hey - we Wisconsinites don't shrink back at a cool dip in the pool on a 65 degree day - we are a hearty people!).

Work out room was well equipped and has its own basic earbuds you can use if you forget yours (if you use the TV options on the machines).

Front desk staff VERY friendly and personable (again, its Aloft - what do you expect?!).

I hate to just say, "if you have been to one Aloft, you have been to them all" but really, if you have ever experienced the quality and aviance of a stay at one of their locations, you know what quality and experience to expect - and the Las Colinas local is NO EXCEPTION!

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family