“Modern, minimal, and hip.”
Review of Aloft Las Colinas

Aloft Las Colinas
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Irving
El Paso, Texas
“Modern, minimal, and hip.”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This was our second stay at this location. The hotel has a modern style, and there aren't a lot of frills. The rooms are nice and simple. The lobby almost has a club feel. There is a bar, and is nice to hang out and have a few drinks. It is located in a nice area, with a few fast food restaurants in walking distance. It is a short drive from DFW. The staff was all very friendly.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 30, 2013
Dear Strykk92,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all of the cool amenities that our hotel offers. We know you have so many choices when choosing which hotel to stay at so we certainly appreciate your repeat business and hope you will stay with us again soon.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Boston, MA
Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stay at this hotel when I travel for business as it is very close to the office. The hotel is modern, clean and nice. Service is usually good. My only complaint about the hotel is the noise in the room. There is a small refrigerator that makes humming noise, but it could be unplugged. There is also an air-conditioner that is very noisy when it goes on. It is hard to turn the AC off, as the room gets hot. Apart from that - nice, modern, simple.

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Your typical Aloft with funky, but cool, rooms. Rooms are spotless and quiet, bed comfortable making for a good night sleep. Location is good to DFW and other attractions. WiFi fast and free ... Nothing bad to say here. Also, very cheap rates on weekends that are worth it.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Victoria, Canada
Reviewed October 16, 2013

I enjoyed the upbeat accommodations. The staff is pleasant and the lobby is refreshing. I love the techno beats along with the industrial decor. It feels so cosmopolitan. The pool is refreshing and there is an outdoor fireplace that makes it easy to unwind after a long day. My room had everything I wonted. However, the shower had a nasty mold that was not that obvious when I checked in. Not visible, but the smell was pervasive. In fairness, I did not report to the desk & I would stay there again. Lots of restaurants in walking distance and even more if you have a car. Since my appointments were not downtown, this was a great spot to make all my meetings. Easy to get back to the airport, too!

Reviewed October 13, 2013

Stayed at this hotel recently for a business trip. Convenient location, friendly staff, very clean, but not great on wheelchair accessibility. I checked into my room to find my king bed laying on the floor! There was no frame or box spring, just a mattress on the floor!?!? I've seen this before in hotels like the Gaylord Chain. Hotel owners/managers - please, just because we use a wheelchair does not mean we want to sleep on the floor! Remember most of us are not able to walk and therefore transferring from our wheelchair to the bed isn't necessarily easy, especially when we travel alone and cannot lift ourselves to a bed that is much lower than our wheelchair seat height.
In this situation, I had to move to a non-ADA room and tough it out. As a result, I would not stay here again, but it was, by all other means, a nice place to stay for someone who does not need an accessible room.

Room Tip: Don't stay here if you use a wheelchair and need an accessible room with a bed you can easily tr...
Welwyn, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Stayed one night while on business and it's a standard Aloft layout. Rooms are ok with enough room but not to generous but the shower was great!

The thing which gets me about an aloft is the lack of food. There is no real resturant so if you arrive late you have to go elsewhere.

Service here in Las Colinas was very good.

Room Tip: Higher up is a bit quieter.
Savannah, GA
Reviewed October 2, 2013

I travel regularly to this area for business, and I have found my new hotel. Very clean, friendly staff, and within a stones throw there are multiple restaurants - not "fine dining" - think Chipotle, a pizza place, a deli, et.al. Nice gym, the hotel has no street noise... just good value.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Amy_Poe, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear SavannahLady2010,
Thank you so much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and found everything you need within walking distance. We understand how many choices there are out there, especially for the frequent business traveler, so thank you for choosing our property, and we hope to see you again soon.