“Great Hotel”
Review of Aloft Las Colinas

Aloft Las Colinas
Ranked #27 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed April 12, 2013 via mobile

Wow what a breath of fresh air. My stay at the aloft Hotel in Las Colinas was my first time at one of their properties. It will not be my last by a longshot.
The entire property is a breath of fresh air. The design of the lobby and check-in area is great. The rooms are very very nice and well thought out.
Check in was a breeze even though it was on the late side of the evening.
The room was spotless. The room itself is well designed And very comfortable.
Service by the staff is outstanding and very Responsive.
The location in lost Collinas cannot be beat. There is a nice variety of casual restaurants within a very short walking distance.
Access to the highways and the rest of the metro area is very convenient.
I will certainly return on my next trip to the Dallas metroplex.

• Stayed: April 2013

Reviewed April 10, 2013

Aloft is a nice but needs some attention to detail. I was pleased when I arrived, trendy upbeat place. Check in was quick and front desk staff very welcoming. Unfortunately the cleanliness of the room was subpar. There was black hair all over the bathroom floor (I don't have black hair), I even found some on the bed sheets. The sheets looked clean other than that so I presummed it was from the maids. It was late and I didn't want to hassle with this issue at the moment, I figured the next day would be better after the maids came. Imagine my surprise when there was more black hair left on the bathroom floor the next day. I resorted to cleaning it up myself. Yes, this is a minor issue but doesn't give the guest a clean feeling when staying in a hotel room. (I declined maid service the remainder of my stay)

Casey at the bar was great. She was friendly and professional.

The fitness center is good, enough equipment to get a good workout in.

There is a gentleman that works maintenance (I haven't caught his name yet). He is exceptional, friendly, inviting, always wishing you a great day. All employees should take notice, he is what customer service is about.

Things that have been frustrating.... There is absolutely no information in the rooms as far as where to get ice, location of fitness center, pool hours, area restraunts, etc. You have to ask someone for every question as they don't offer any details upon checking in or in the room. The only access off of first floor is via the elevator. You can take the stairs down which lead to a door that goes directly outside. These doors are locked so you cannot go back in the same way. I understand this is probably for security but really, put a card reader on the doors and allow guests to use the stairs! The front desk staff is hit or miss. Some are really great, others act as if you are inconviencing them. I would bet money one gal was drinking, I had to wait for her to finish her flirting activites with two guys as they discussed getting a drink after she got off work before I could purchase an item and then I could hardly understand her (slurring words), very unprofessional.

Overall, I would recommend this hotel but it does need improvement in the areas of consistent service and cleanliness.

Room Tip: Avoid rooms above the front entrance, people stand outside to smoke and drink and prior to the bar c...
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2013

Thanks for the feedback. We regret to hear that your stay at hotel did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide excellent customer service and clean rooms so we’ll be addressing these issues with our staff immediately. Thanks again for sharing!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

We had the pleasure of staying at this location. It is conveniently located very close to the DFW airport and about a ten to fifteen minute drive from downtown. The layout of the rooms appears to be very well thought out. The restroom/sink/closet area is separate from the bedroom. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The hotel bar is very neat; they also have a drink called wedding cake that is delightful and somehow tastes like cake. The lounge has board games and a pool table. It has all the amenities you would want, with great customer service in a great location.

Room Tip: ask the staff for assistance and they should be able to help
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Thanks for sharing your feedback, we really appreciate it! We are delighted to hear that we met your expectations. Our team is dedicated to providing quality customer service and delicious drinks. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed April 2, 2013

I love aloft properties! They are sleek and contemporary. The bar area was fun. There is not a complimentary breakfast, but they have good food available for purchase. The rooms were cool and service was excellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Meagan B, Starwood Hotels at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded April 7, 2013

Thanks for taking the time to share your experience at Aloft Las Colinas. We are glad to hear you like our style and enjoyed our w xyz bar. Thanks for staying with us!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

I recently stayed at the Aloft in Las Colinas, TX and was very pleased with the hospitality that was serviced to me. For anyone looking to start their weekend stay for a great start, I would recommend Gina and Sarah as the best!

Bryan B.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed March 14, 2013

The hotel has excellent service. The front desk agent (working evening on 3/7) was quick checking us in and very kind. The bartender the same. I even got a smile and a "hello sir" from a housekeeper. Its the little things that make a huge difference. Keep up the good work and please thank your staff for providing such great service.

Room Tip: Ask for xtra pillows. They are small sized for a king bed.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
AloftGeneralManager, General Manager at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded March 19, 2013

Thank you for the positive criticism and kind remarks. I plan on sharing the success's you experienced during your stay with all of our staff.

Thank you again for staying with us.

Live life aloft.

Reviewed February 23, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have stayed here a few times and really enjoyed it. Great location, great service, and great decor for a petty friendly price. I always recommend it for business travelers needing to be close to Dfw airport, but not wanting to stay IN the airport.

• Stayed: March 2012
AloftGeneralManager, General Manager at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2013

Thank you very much for the postive remarks!

Our location is ideal for the business traveler and leisure guest, we are located between the DFW Airport and the heart of Downtown Dallas, with convenient access to the freeway.

Thank you again for staying with us!