“Modern + Comfortable” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Boise, ID
“Modern + Comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Good first ALoft Experience. Very modern, clean and comfortable. Nice touch to offer complementary bottled waters in the room. The self-check-in and out were not functioning and the staff was very accommodating and helpful.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Patrick H, General Manager at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 23, 2012
Thank you! We love to hear feedback from all of our guests. Your experience with our self checkin kiosks has been noted by previous guests and due to the occasional glitch and lack of use the hotel has decided to replace the units with another way to enhance our guest's experiences. In the coming weeks we will have an iPad concierge system installed and ready for guests to use. These iPads will function to assist guests in locating everything from restaurants to sporting arenas. So, be on the look out for the new self service iPad concierge.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
Tyler, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

I spent one night at the Aloft. The hotel is easy to get to and is surrounded by several nice places to eat. The interior is very modern with bright colors. Check in was easy and Renee was super nice and explained where the bar, pool and snack areas were located. Once I got in my room she called to make sure everything was satisfactory, which was nice.
I had a room on the first floor. The carpet in the entryway was stained, but the rest of the carpet was really clean. My room had really high ceilings, a comfortable bed, large wall mounted tv and electrical outlets galore! You can even plug your pc or game console in so you can see it over the tv. They offer free wi-fi and it worked very well. The bathroom was nice, I really liked the sink and the large shower head.
At night, the bar was busy and people were having a good time. I would stay at the Aloft again.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank txgrrl68
Patrick H, General Manager at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 20, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to complete a review for our property. It seems that Renee met and or exceeded your expectations. I willl let her know to take a look at this review as she is always looking to positively impact our guests experiences upon arrival and throughout ones stay. As far as our carpet issue you mentioned, our houeskeeping staff will have this addressed immediately and it was unfortunate that all areas were not up to both your and my standards.

Again thank you for the feedback!!!
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2012

I enjoyed my stay here very much. The rooms were great and the staff was very friendly. The hotel has a great atmosphere and they are very accomodating.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Patrick H, General Manager at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, August 7, 2012
Thank you for the positive feedback, especially regarding our staff!!!
Greensboro, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 19, 2012

The Aloft in Las Colinas feels a bit like some of the hotels in Europe in the styling of the rooms and bathrooms. It is modern, clean and very functional. The desk has all the electronic hook ups you would need to charge items and do work. This a green leaning hotel, so shampoo and body wash is available in refillable containers in the shower. The lobby plays "thumping" music all the time, so it can feel a little club like, which was a bit much for my taste, but it wouldn't stop me from staying there. The staff is all very helpful. If you don't have a car, it is a good location because you can quickly walk to a bank and several restaurants right in the same area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for the response. Our loft look and feel is definitely new and European, and is unique. Our design and functionality is for all to enjoy; whether you prefer to enjoy a cocktail at our Wxyz Bar with the upbeat music in the background or plan on a staycation in your loft, we have something that will meet most all travelers needs. Thank you again for the support and we eagerly look forward to your next stay with us.
Plano, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2012 via mobile

Unless you need the Starwood points don't bother. Air conditioning units are noisy and shower doors don't fit so floors get soaked.

Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
Texarkana
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 10, 2012

Initially when I arrived at this hotel, I was impressed. Nice atmosphere and the rooms were comfortable. In the bathroom area, they had two bottles of complimentary water and a little burlap sack with coffee, with all the condiments to go with it. Staff was very helpful.
Several days after I returned home, I noticed I had a ten dollar charge from the hotel. I called and spoke with someone at the front desk who told me it was for the "snack" pack that was in my room and that I had eaten. I informed this person that there was no such pack in my room at which time she proceeded to argue with me that yes, there was and that I had in fact eaten it. I even had to ask them what was in this snack pack and she told me cookies. She then transferred me to the desk manager and I left a message. No one returned my call. That was on Friday.
I also spoke with the person who traveled with me to make sure they didn't eat this mysterious snack pack.
On the following Tuesday I called again to speak with a manager and they transferred me to the desk manager again. As of yet, I have not heard back from anyone at this hotel.
Ten dollars is not that much money, I understand, but the fact that they called me a liar and accused me of eating something that wasn't even in my room, disgusts me.
I will not be referring this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank CatySu55
Dallas, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 24, 2012

This was my first stay at the aloft concept. I was excited to try it out, and was thrilled when we arrived in the hip exciting lobby. However, once we got to the room we were less impressed. The rooms are so gray that it almost feels like you are in a dorm room. The room layout was not to my taste either, as there was no chair (besides the office chair) that you could view the TV from. The layout also made the room feel even smaller than it was. The bathroom was decent, and the frosted glass wall in the shower that looked into the bedroom was a fun surprise, however it would not be so fun if you were staying with someone other than your romantic partner, as you can clearly make out the body of the person showering through it.

Our biggest dislikes about the room were the LOUD air conditioner, which always ran even in "auto" mode, as well as the less than stellar bed. It is on a wooden frame rather than a box spring and it felt extremely stiff and springy. It was noisy when moving around on it and did not feel like a hotel quality bed.

Soundproofing in general at this hotel was poor. We could hear a dog barking in a room near us through the walls, and like most hotels the door did not mask any noise from the hall.

The redeeming feature of this hotel was the lobby and bar area. The bartender (Tracy) is a rock star and was extremely fun and entertaining. We went down for drinks both nights of our stay and Tracy made us feel like her best friends. The atmosphere at night was almost like a night club, with cool music dramatic lighting and tons of people hanging out and socializing.

Overall, I have mixed feelings about this concept. The room failed to impress, but the lobby was so much fun that I would consider staying here again.

-Cameron from MN

• Stayed June 2012
, General Manager at Aloft Las Colinas, responded to this review, June 28, 2012
Cameron,

Thank you for the details that you provided in your response. On behalf of the entire hotel operation we would like to thank you for both your stay and more importantly your honest opinion. The details that you have provided will be addressed thoroughly.

Our upbeat urban remix lobby area is definelty the perfect place to mix and mingle, and we are always happy to accomodate you at our Wxyz Bar. I will relay your positive praise onto the rest of our team and in particular Tracey, whom you recognized by name.

Thank you for staying with us!