This hotel is under renovation. That said, I think they're doing a great job minimizing the impact it has on the customers they have now, and it also might have something to do with the experience we had with not getting the room type we wanted. We asked for a two-queen room for the two adults and two kids in our party, but we ended up with a king and full-size sleeper sofa. They told us there were no other rooms available. I'm hoping that was because of a general lack of rooms (some floors were being renovated while others were not) rather than being a Hotwire customer (though they did note that we booked through Hotwire). At first they put us in a king/sleeper handicap-accessible room, but I asked to move because the shower head was hand held and mounted only waist high. Anyway, the room we ended up in was clean, quiet, and comfortable (other than the lack of a real bed for two people). Wireless, fridge, mic, bar sink, two TVs--all nice to have. Note: Closing the door on the bedroom area restricted the ac circulation and made the room with the sleeper sofa too warm. The full, hot breakfast was great and replenished frequently. We were disappointed that the hot tub was closed (tiny pool and hot tub open only "seasonally"--I've found usually in this area the hot tubs are open year-round). Location was pretty convenient to our event, but expect to drive five miles of highway (also under construction) to get to any restaurants. It's in a very dense hotel area surrounded by the airport and office parks. Once you get to the restaurant areas, though, you will find every chain known to man. If you want a place more interesting to eat, drink, and shop head to old town Grapevine.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® DFW Airport hotel is centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth, providing easy access to the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. This Irving, TX hotel is close to popular attractions like Grapevine Malls mall. The Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District, Cowboys Stadium and Six Flags Over Texas are within 20 miles. Come experience the new look of our newly renovated hotel. Some of the updates include new carpet, paint and furniture in the lobby, breakfast room and meeting rooms. Our guest rooms have new furniture, appliances and bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Choice Hotels, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites DFW Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Dfw Airport Hotel Irving
- Comfort Suites Irving
- Dfw Airport Comfort Suites
- Irving Comfort Suites