“currently under renovation”

Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Austin, TX
“currently under renovation”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2011

This hotel is under renovation. That said, I think they're doing a great job minimizing the impact it has on the customers they have now, and it also might have something to do with the experience we had with not getting the room type we wanted. We asked for a two-queen room for the two adults and two kids in our party, but we ended up with a king and full-size sleeper sofa. They told us there were no other rooms available. I'm hoping that was because of a general lack of rooms (some floors were being renovated while others were not) rather than being a Hotwire customer (though they did note that we booked through Hotwire). At first they put us in a king/sleeper handicap-accessible room, but I asked to move because the shower head was hand held and mounted only waist high. Anyway, the room we ended up in was clean, quiet, and comfortable (other than the lack of a real bed for two people). Wireless, fridge, mic, bar sink, two TVs--all nice to have. Note: Closing the door on the bedroom area restricted the ac circulation and made the room with the sleeper sofa too warm. The full, hot breakfast was great and replenished frequently. We were disappointed that the hot tub was closed (tiny pool and hot tub open only "seasonally"--I've found usually in this area the hot tubs are open year-round). Location was pretty convenient to our event, but expect to drive five miles of highway (also under construction) to get to any restaurants. It's in a very dense hotel area surrounded by the airport and office parks. Once you get to the restaurant areas, though, you will find every chain known to man. If you want a place more interesting to eat, drink, and shop head to old town Grapevine.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank summercamper
COMFORTSUITESDFW, Director of Sales at Comfort Suites DFW Airport, responded to this review, March 15, 2011
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. As you noticed, our hotel is currently under renovation, and the $2 million renovation will be done at the end of March 2011. We are undergoing a complete re-design, and re-furnishing of all guest rooms and public areas throughout the hotel hoping to provide a comfortable and relaxing environment for both business and leisure travelers. Your opinion is greatly appreciated.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
Longview, Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2011

Sofa beds were pathetic, No linens provided, used linens found on sofa bed in second room we were moved to(they could not provide a rollaway. My son was awakened by a large cockroach crawling up his arm. While attempting to sleep after an early (4 a.m.) trip to the airport, was awakened around 8 a.m. by a crew installing carpet in the room above ours. Could not sleep due to the continuous pounding and noise from above. On Sunday morning!!

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank afarrelltx
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments. I am very disappointed by the problems you experienced. Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We also tried to contact you directly, but have not been successful. Thank you and we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience you experienced.
dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 23, 2011

The hotel is located in a very convenient location, just a couple of miles from the restaurants and approx 15 min drive to Dallas where I had to go for an interview. Upon arrival the front desk staff was very welcoming, and knowledgeable about the area. For the price, the room were really nice- a suite with 2 TV's, microwave and refrigerator. Breakfast was top notch with eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy etc. I would definately recommend this hotel to my collegues. Good job guys. Thank you for making my stay a very comfortable one.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Trinity, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 21, 2011

After a delayed arrival at DFW and missing our connecting flight, the airline put us up for the night at this hotel. We read the reviews on Trip Advisor prior to agreeing to stay here and were very disappointed. The hotel was close to the airport, but after reading all the bad reviews for the shuttle we chose a taxi, which cost us $25. The rooms have very basic decor and we found the bathroom dirty - including hair of someone other than either of us on the floor, in the tub and elsewhere. It is very sparsely decorated and felt unsafe. We both wished we would have made our own reservation at the Marriott across the road.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
Heatland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 1, 2010

I arrive at 10:00 p.m. and left the next morning at 8:00 a.m. Perhaps if I had stayed longer I would have found something not to like but certainly everything was fine during my short visit. I called for the airport shuttle upon arrival and it was there to get me in about 10 minutes. Make sure you have the hotel phone number as you will need to call for the shuttle; it is on demand and does not run continuously. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and efficient. The room was really nice and in great shape, a true suite with a separate bedroom, a fridge, microwave, small wet bar, good workspace in the living room, fast and free wireless, and a functional balcony. The bed was top quality. While it was called a continental breakfast, the included breakfast was a true hot breakfast with waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, and sausage in addition to the usual cold items.

A few minor criticisms: The shuttle is apparently provided by a third party contractor and was a bit on the ratty side but got me there and back just fine and the drivers were courteous. The motel sits between a busy freeway and the airport. My room was on the freeway side. There was noticeable road noise but I didn’t find it bothersome as it was more or less continuous. If I have occasion to stay there again, I probably will ask for a room on the airport side. They ran out of some of the items on the continental breakfast. I expect they were eventually replenished but did not see anyone do it right away.

The price was very reasonable especially given the quality of the hotel. Over all, I was very pleased and will definitely stay here again should I need a Dallas airport hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
Lubbock, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2010

I travel all over the US and stay in full service hotels all the time. Unfortunately my flight was canceled at DFW airport and the airline booked a room for me at Comfort Suites DFW airport. I was very skeptic of spending a night at Comfort Suites, what kind of place is this. The airline was paying for the room so I told myself what the heck one night is not going to kill me. So I called the hotel and request a pick up the van showed up in less than 15 minutes, very pleasant driver, asked him where to eat. He was very informed about the surroundings. I got to hotel and was pleasantly surprised with the service at the desk, got to my room and my jaw dropped. I got a two room suite with cathedral ceiling and a balcony. Since this was the first time I stayed in this hotel I start looking for dirt. You would not believe I didn’t even find a minute amount of dust anywhere. I got a quiet night sleep and the next morning joined the Comfort Suites reward program. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Cortez, Colorado
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 15, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip (three rooms, 8 people). We choose this particular hotel because it advertised.

"The hotel offers free shuttle service to business within a five-mile radius. There are several resturants nearby as well as cocktail lounges and specialty shops."

Upon arrival, we asked to take the shuttle to the nearest resturant. We were told the hotel did not offer that service. I showed the desk clerk the hotels website with the above advertisement. She said the shuttle (other than to the airport) was only available for business travelers going to a meeting or conference and that was only between 8am-5pm. I showed the clerk the advertisement again, pointing out the words "resturant" and "cocktail lounges", both implying that the shuttle provided service to resturants and after 5:00 pm.

The shuttle driver offered to take my family to a resturant 3 miles away. The clerk told him and us "No, that is against hotel policy."
We asked to speak to a manager, but no one was available.

The hotel was clean and the location to the airport was conventient. However, we will never stay here again nor would we recommend this or any business that lures customers in by misleading them.
dsbhlb