“Convenient”

Comfort Suites DFW Airport
Ranked #25 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed February 23, 2011

The hotel is located in a very convenient location, just a couple of miles from the restaurants and approx 15 min drive to Dallas where I had to go for an interview. Upon arrival the front desk staff was very welcoming, and knowledgeable about the area. For the price, the room were really nice- a suite with 2 TV's, microwave and refrigerator. Breakfast was top notch with eggs, sausage, biscuits, gravy etc. I would definately recommend this hotel to my collegues. Good job guys. Thank you for making my stay a very comfortable one.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business

Reviewed February 21, 2011

After a delayed arrival at DFW and missing our connecting flight, the airline put us up for the night at this hotel. We read the reviews on Trip Advisor prior to agreeing to stay here and were very disappointed. The hotel was close to the airport, but after reading all the bad reviews for the shuttle we chose a taxi, which cost us $25. The rooms have very basic decor and we found the bathroom dirty - including hair of someone other than either of us on the floor, in the tub and elsewhere. It is very sparsely decorated and felt unsafe. We both wished we would have made our own reservation at the Marriott across the road.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 1, 2010

I arrive at 10:00 p.m. and left the next morning at 8:00 a.m. Perhaps if I had stayed longer I would have found something not to like but certainly everything was fine during my short visit. I called for the airport shuttle upon arrival and it was there to get me in about 10 minutes. Make sure you have the hotel phone number as you will need to call for the shuttle; it is on demand and does not run continuously. The lady at the front desk was very friendly and efficient. The room was really nice and in great shape, a true suite with a separate bedroom, a fridge, microwave, small wet bar, good workspace in the living room, fast and free wireless, and a functional balcony. The bed was top quality. While it was called a continental breakfast, the included breakfast was a true hot breakfast with waffles, biscuits and gravy, eggs, and sausage in addition to the usual cold items.

A few minor criticisms: The shuttle is apparently provided by a third party contractor and was a bit on the ratty side but got me there and back just fine and the drivers were courteous. The motel sits between a busy freeway and the airport. My room was on the freeway side. There was noticeable road noise but I didn’t find it bothersome as it was more or less continuous. If I have occasion to stay there again, I probably will ask for a room on the airport side. They ran out of some of the items on the continental breakfast. I expect they were eventually replenished but did not see anyone do it right away.

The price was very reasonable especially given the quality of the hotel. Over all, I was very pleased and will definitely stay here again should I need a Dallas airport hotel.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed September 16, 2010

I travel all over the US and stay in full service hotels all the time. Unfortunately my flight was canceled at DFW airport and the airline booked a room for me at Comfort Suites DFW airport. I was very skeptic of spending a night at Comfort Suites, what kind of place is this. The airline was paying for the room so I told myself what the heck one night is not going to kill me. So I called the hotel and request a pick up the van showed up in less than 15 minutes, very pleasant driver, asked him where to eat. He was very informed about the surroundings. I got to hotel and was pleasantly surprised with the service at the desk, got to my room and my jaw dropped. I got a two room suite with cathedral ceiling and a balcony. Since this was the first time I stayed in this hotel I start looking for dirt. You would not believe I didn’t even find a minute amount of dust anywhere. I got a quiet night sleep and the next morning joined the Comfort Suites reward program. I highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed August 15, 2010

My family and I stayed at this hotel on a recent trip (three rooms, 8 people). We choose this particular hotel because it advertised.

"The hotel offers free shuttle service to business within a five-mile radius. There are several resturants nearby as well as cocktail lounges and specialty shops."

Upon arrival, we asked to take the shuttle to the nearest resturant. We were told the hotel did not offer that service. I showed the desk clerk the hotels website with the above advertisement. She said the shuttle (other than to the airport) was only available for business travelers going to a meeting or conference and that was only between 8am-5pm. I showed the clerk the advertisement again, pointing out the words "resturant" and "cocktail lounges", both implying that the shuttle provided service to resturants and after 5:00 pm.

The shuttle driver offered to take my family to a resturant 3 miles away. The clerk told him and us "No, that is against hotel policy."
We asked to speak to a manager, but no one was available.

The hotel was clean and the location to the airport was conventient. However, we will never stay here again nor would we recommend this or any business that lures customers in by misleading them.
dsbhlb

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank dsbhlb
Reviewed July 23, 2010

My husband and I spent the night in this the hotel the night of June 30, 2010. We were flying out of DFW the next morning very early. My husband stayed up late and waited for a parking spot to open in the front of the hotel parking lot to leave his truck for 7 nights instead of having to leave it parked in the back of the hotel. He ended up parking under a light, fifty feet from the front entrance to the hotel, and there was a camera pointing right towards our vehicle. When we returned to pick up our vehicle it had be broken into and his GPS and Radar Detector that were located in his console were gone!!! It concerns me that we spoke to the owner/manager of the hotel and he had the attitude that he didn't want to take the time to review the camera's tape to see if he can see the crime taking place and get a tag number. I would just beware of leaving a vehicle in this lot if you do the Sleep, Park, and Fly package.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 29, 2010

I recently stayed there a night prior to an international trip so that I could be close to the airport and use their parking/shuttle service. I was disappointed on many levels: I was told on the phone prior to getting my reservations that it was FREE to park there; when I checked in, the desk worker told me it was $5/night. I then went into my room, and the sky lights were the nicest thing there. The carpet had major stains, the TV remote had no batteries, and the A/C never got past 75. While setting up a time to take the shuttle the next morning was effective and convenient, it's returning that's the problem - I waited 1.5 hours outside at DFW for the shuttle service to pick me up and take me back to the hotel. And since all the hotels nearby use the same "RC Express" service, I missed the one van that came by after 30 minutes because it was already full. WOEFULLY lacking in good service on the pick-up end. So, it might be worth it GOING to the airport, but don't bother unless you take a taxi back to the hotel or have some friends that can pick you up.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business