I stayed here for three nights in early December - while attending a conference at the Sheraton down the road - when I made the reservation, I was told the Sheraton was just across the parkinglot - but when I arrived, it was three long blocks away - not really a problem except for the ice storm and very cold weather that hindered walking that distance -
Even though I called the hotel directly to book my room and then called back to confirm the day of my arrival, they had my reservation under someone else's name - but it was straightened out - my room was very nice - nice furnishings, compliments, etc - two TV's, three phones, internet service, frig and microwave plus wet bar sink - nice large bathroom with the third phone - balcony and with chairs had the weather been warmer, I could have used it. Everything in the room was clean, although each day they would replenish the soap, but leave the partially used shampoo -
The Breakfast bar was complete, although the hot food menu was the same each day - which consisted of dried scrambled eggs, less then warm greasy sausage, hash brown cakes that I did not try, varieties of pastries, cereals and breads - plus juice and coffee with flavored creams, and waffles that you could cook - but the dining room was too small most mornings to find a table - Bananas and Oranges would have been a nice addition to the fruit selection of Apples only. They had butter, honey and cream cheese for breads and bagels, but I never saw jelly.
I did attend the evening manager's reception, and the food and drinks were good there.
They had complimentary newspapers at the front desk that were always under the counter, and once you knew about it you could ask for one and were given one, but if you did not know, then you would miss out.
The staff did a good job of scheduling my shuttles as I needed to go back and forth to the Sheraton - although twice they changed it after I had signed up for a certain time - and they did not let me know until I arrived then telling me it would still be okay if the driver was on time, but of course each time the driver was late - and so I was late for my meetings - that item alone would encourage me to stay elsewhere - they should not have made that decision without consulting me.
The second night my heater broke and the lobby clerk told me to set it at 90 degrees - well, that did not make it blow warmer as it was ice cold air coming from the vent - so I turned it off, retrieved an extra blanket from the front desk and toughed it out during this ice storm and very cold weather for Dallas area - my room was 55 degrees in the morning - they did adjust my bill for that one night by 25% and assured me the heat would be fixed by the time I returned in the evening. It was not, so I had to change rooms - when I got to the new room, the door lock was broken, but they did fix that too - and I tipped the guy who fixed it. I also tipped the desk clerks too.
The Elevator doors were slow to open, and sometimes I was not sure it would move me up and down - well, I was pretty confident it would go down, but not as confident about going up.
Overall, I liked the hotel because the front desk staff was so friendly - and they really did seem interested in my requests - often putting down the phone to help me - which is rare - however, the deal with reservation being wrong, and the shuttle changes, and the heat was not great, and the food in the morning really was not very good at all. This is an average place to stay for the price of $95.00.
The lobby was large and spacious with lots of chairs, couches, plants, decorations for Christmas etc. And the Business center was always open and helpful too.
However, If you are going to the Sheraton, but can't get a room, then there is a Quality Inn right next to the Sheraton, and a Holiday Inn Select across the Highway bridge that are both a lot closer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® DFW Airport hotel is centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth, providing easy access to the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. This Irving, TX hotel is close to popular attractions like Grapevine Malls mall. The Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District, Cowboys Stadium and Six Flags Over Texas are within 20 miles. Come experience the new look of our newly renovated hotel. Some of the updates include new carpet, paint and furniture in the lobby, breakfast room and meeting rooms. Our guest rooms have new furniture, appliances and bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Priceline, Booking.com, Travelocity, Choice Hotels, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites DFW Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Dfw Airport Hotel Irving
- Comfort Suites Irving
- Dfw Airport Comfort Suites
- Irving Comfort Suites