“Unexpected stay--Great place to be stranded at!”

Comfort Suites DFW Airport
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Due to maintenance issues on the plane we were taking out of Boston, we missed our connection in Dallas to get us home. I was concerned about where the airlines would give us a voucher to stay, BUT this was a pleasant surprise! We had a LONG day--After being stuck in an airport for 9 hours and a 4 hour flight, we were a bit grumpy, but the front desk staff was very friendly and they had this small room that had some snacks and other toiletries (you can tell they are contracted with the airlines because they had everything there you would need if you got stuck without your baggage. I was very pleased they had a freezer with some meals you could purchase and microwave! The room was huge, the bed was comfortable, and we were on our way in the morning on the shuttle. I looked at what the room would cost us if we had paid for it,and this place is a bargain! If I ever have a reason to stay in Dallas, I'm staying here.

Room Tip: Make sure to sign in if you are planning on using the shuttle.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Peytonsgirl

Reviewed August 11, 2013

We stayed here for one night due to a mixup with American Airlines. The hotel is within a few minutes of the airport, and for $100 it was worth it. The beds are comfortable, the rooms are clean, free breakfast was good, and the staff was friendly. Rooms this close to the airport tend to be pricey, so if all you need to do is get some sleep stay here and save some money.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Riffking69
Reviewed July 27, 2013

We chose this hotel because of the shuttle to the airport. The Shuttle leaves every hour at 5 minutes after the hour. Be sure to sign in early as when the shuttle fills up, there is no more room. Left our car at the hotel for $5/day which is half the price of the Parking Spot. Our room was comfortable..air conditioner worked great, which is also good due to the summer heat in Dallas. Of course, this is a hotel that does not provide a lot of amenities because of the type of budget hotel it is. For a budget hotel, this is extremely nice....great size room, bed was so comfortable and staff was friendly.

Room Tip: We were in room 212 which was on the side closest to Hwy 114. The room was a little noisy from the...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cphilpot
Reviewed July 22, 2013

Rooms were comfortable, clean and spacious. Pool area was nice & clean, although a bit small but not a lot of people were using it so not a problem at all. The only suggestion that I would have is to provide the front desk with a list of restaurants and directions to get there. We arrived after dinner and were looking for something and the only thing that she could suggest was fast food down the street at the gas station.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Lynn L
Reviewed July 15, 2013 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location for a flight from DFW. Large rooms and good WIFI. Parking is $5/night for leaving your vehicle. Excellent breakfast, but pool was closed because of rain. There are plenty of restaurants in the area...as well as lots of shopping.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank willcamjr
Reviewed July 3, 2013

I stayed at Comfort suites based on a recommendation from my neighbor. We booked an all inclusive vacation package through our travel agent for Cancun Mexico, and we had to fly out of DFW early in the morning. So we booked a park sleep and fly package at Comfort Suites DFW Airport. We arrived around 8:30 pm a young man greeted us and helped us with our shuttle schedule for the next day and checked us into a spacious suite with two separate rooms. The suite was beautiful and clean. We got our wakeup call the next morning and got on a big spacious and clean bus with a very friendly drive. He loaded our 8 heavy suitcases and dropped us at our gate. I loved the no hassle of getting to the airport and the good night sleep that we had. I recommend this hotel, the people that works here are very friendly and courteous.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Juan g
Reviewed June 29, 2013

If you want to be treated with respect and some interaction---THEN DO NOT STAY HERE!
As I checked in I knew it was going to be a rough stay. I asked about the shuttle bus (had to ask--was not told one thing about the hotel or anything) and was told that it started running in the morning at 4:00 AM. Perfect--we needed to be at airport by 5:30. I was NOT told that it only ran once every hour however.
We get up the next morning and my wife goes down to make sure that the shuttle is there etc, it is then that she is told that it leaves in 10 minutes and won't run again for another hour. She tells them ok, we will be right down, She comes back to room and we head down to foyer only to see the shuttle not there. When we ask about it the only the guy says is "yea, it just left, sorry" I explain that we need to get to the airport and to call it back. He says no, but it will be back about 5:30 and it will now cost us $10 for the ride. I ask if there are any cabs and the dude just gets on his phone. Doesn't tell me what he is doing or anything until I hear him ask me cash or credit for the cab! What a jerk!

Crappy hotel
Crappy people with zero customer service skills!

Will never stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Sam A, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest I am sorry that you fell this way about my staff and our hotel. Our shuttle schedule is posted in several locations in our lobby also we have a sign in sheet for drop off to the airport at the desk. All of our guests normally sign up the night before departing .
We try to accommodate the guest that did not register to the best of our ability. We only have one shuttle and it takes more than 45 minutes to make a round trip to DFW airport.