We stayed here for the last 2 nights of our weeklong DFW vacation. We booked on Hotwire (searched for a suite in the Grapevine area). When we got there, we found out it had booked us for 1 king bed & the sofa bed (we had 3 adults and a child). We were able to upgrade to 2 queen beds with sofa bed for an additional $15/night. We unloaded all of stuff in our room only to find out that the WiFi didn't work in the bedroom half of the room. That coupled with very noisy neighbors (several children, loud tv and people coming/leaving room and knocking on door to get back in), prompted us to ask if we could move rooms. We really debated about this as we had already half unpacked and it's a pain to move, but decided to ask anyway. Front desk staff was very helpful. They let us go into the new room to see how the noise was and make sure the Wi-Fi worked before deciding to move. We did move and were very glad we did.
Beds were very comfortable - the best of the 3 hotels we stayed on during this trip. Room was good sized. There are balconies on the upper floors and windows that open on the ground floor. The weather was nice out and it was great to be able to open the window and enjoy the fresh air. They heat/AC is centralized with ducts so no noisy unit under the window and much better heating/cooling overall. There is some airplane noise as it is close to the airport, but a lot less than I would've expected. Continental breakfast was good. There is sitting area with sofa bed (linens, blanket and pillow for it are in the closet), chair, table, desk. There is a frig/microwave. There are plenty of outlets for charging electronics. Bathroom is decent sized, sink/vanity is outside of bathroom. There are 2 TVs, one in the sitting area, one in the bedroom area
There isn't much other than other hotels in this area, but there are a lot of restaurants & shops within 10min drive.
A couple small things I would improve on: there is no freezer in the frig - having a small freezer is really nice since we had ice packs for our cooler and the other hotels had them so we were able to keep our stuff cold when out and about. Better lighting over the vanity (there is a single compact fluorescent bulb that takes forever to brighten up). WiFi could use some work -- didn't work in our first room (had stronger signal from the hotel next door) and had to keep logging on.
Overall, would stay here again if needed to be close to airport/needed airport shuttle, otherwise would probably find a comfort suites in an area with more restaurants, shops.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Comfort Suites® DFW Airport hotel is centrally located between Dallas and Fort Worth, providing easy access to the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport. This Irving, TX hotel is close to popular attractions like Grapevine Malls mall. The Fort Worth Stockyards National Historic District, Cowboys Stadium and Six Flags Over Texas are within 20 miles. Come experience the new look of our newly renovated hotel. Some of the updates include new carpet, paint and furniture in the lobby, breakfast room and meeting rooms. Our guest rooms have new furniture, appliances and bedding. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Priceline, Choice Hotels, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Comfort Suites DFW Airport reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Comfort Suites Dfw Airport Hotel Irving
- Comfort Suites Irving
- Dfw Airport Comfort Suites
- Irving Comfort Suites