“Rest In Comfort”

Comfort Suites DFW Airport
Ranked #24 of 77 Hotels in Irving
Reviewed February 15, 2012

We stayed here for one night lay over. The price was right $99 plus tax, free shuttle, free WIFI, Free breakfast. King size super comfortable bed, quite hotel (you can hear the planes a tiny bit), but other then that it is safe, clean, couldn't ask for more for a lay over. The only downfall would be there are no restaurants around the immediate area however, delivery is offered for about four or five restaurants until 11pm. Perfect for the one night stay, big suite with large flat screens! About 10 minutes from airport but leave plenty of time for the shuttle back, you could have a few stops or many, it took us 30 minutes to get to AA D gate.
Oh and i forgot to mention then have a small pool and gym.

Room Tip: IF you want to sleep in don't use room 113, it is right next to the gym and pool
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cosmo189
Sam A, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

I want to personally thank you for your comment and hope to serve you again soon.

Reviewed January 25, 2012

Nice clean rooms, simple yet pleasing to the eyes, comfortable, spacious. Excellent. What else can you ask for?

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank dan l
Sam A, General Manager at Comfort Suites DFW Airport, responded to this reviewResponded February 24, 2012

to receive your kind words. Given the very nature of the hotel business, the hours are long and demanding. Day or night, good service depends upon people willing to give their very
best at all times. That's why it's truly rewarding when a guest recognizes our
staff’s efforts, and takes the time to say thank you.

Reviewed January 24, 2012

Stayed here for New Years Eve. I highly recommend this hotel for people who need a nice place near the airport. You can walk to the nearby gas station where there is a Whataburger to eat or shop if you dont have a car and arrived by taxi. Across the highway and a good walk is Denny's. I need to wash and no one had quarters or a change machine. I asked for two days. Get a machine or have plenty of quarters for your guest. Other than that, I will stay here again if I need a hotel near airport.

Room Tip: I liked the rooms on the highway side. I sat on balcony and watched the cars drive by relaxing.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelingSandman

I want you to know that the comments and suggestions we receive from our guests are taken seriously. They tell us what we're doing right, what we're doing wrong and how we can improve. Your willingness to share your recent experience is genuinely appreciated.

Reviewed January 22, 2012

We were put up for free at this hotel by American Airlines thanks to a late incoming flight. The suite was spacious and the beds very comfortable. The free breakfast was pretty basic but adequate. Free transport to and from the terminals.

• Stayed: January 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GeoffinUK
Reviewed January 20, 2012

We were on a business trip in Irving. Our company can be kind of cheap so it was a wonderful surprise to stay in a place like this. The rooms were clean and large. The ceilings were vaulted, creating a larger atmosphere. Everything was great. If you are in te DFW area I reccomend this place.

Room Tip: Upper level rooms seemed to be larger and better attended.
  • Stayed: January 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed January 6, 2012

What a find....$72 /night for standard 1 bedroom suite. A true 1 bedroom. The suite was somewhat like a 1 bedroom apartment with seperate living room and bedroom with locking bedroom door. Jaccuzi suites go for $99/night. The room was clean. The bed was comfortable. And I was very satisfied with my stay. I will be back without a doubt. I now seek Comfort Suites when I travel with the kids.

THE LIVING ROOM: It was on the small side, but comfortable nontheless. It had a love seat/full size sleeper sofa, matching side chair, coffee table, writing desk and wall mounted TV, tall raised ceiling. Our kiddos slept on the full size pullout couch in the living room. After putting the boys to bed, my husband and I retreated behind the closed doorsof the bedroom, were we got the privacy we needed.

THE BEDROOM: Comfortable king size bed. vanity area with magnified vanity mirror. Iron and ironing board in the closet, hairdryer, LCD TV, plenty of drawers for folded clothing. Lighting was great. The drapery keeps the light out-perfect for sleeping in.

BATHROOM: The jaccuzi in the bathroom comfortable fit 2 adults. There were plenty of towels. And the bathroom was very clean.

The suite was comfortablly small and nicely furnished-very modern. And I understand the hotel was recently remodeled.

BREAKFAST: waffles, sausage, bacon, scrammbled eggs, boiled eggs, muffins, cold cereal, milk (whole, 2%), yogurt, granola, coffee....And that's what I remembered-there was more.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed December 26, 2011

I've seen a lot of other reviews of this property where guests rave about the place but my experience here just doesn't live up to the high ratings. Yes, the staff was friendly and the location is convenient but my issues are related to the condition of my room. The air vent in the front of our room was dirty and moldy. The room iteslf had a very unpleasant odor to it. The bath tub was missing a drain plug so taking a bath was out of the question. The shower head was clogged and you could only get a steady stream of water from it but nothing resembling a shower. More like showering under a water hose. The TV in the front room was missing and there was only a bare mounting frame on the wall where the TV was supposed to be. The bed was comfortable but that was the best thing about the stay. The airport shuttle only runs each hour so we had to make other arrangements for catching our flight out of DFW. I'm glad other travelers have enjoyed their stay here but I'll stay elsewhere on my next trip to Dallas.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family