Holiday Inn Las Colinas
$405
FourSeasons.com
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
All reviewsbreakfast buffetindoor pool was nicenice clean hotelfront desk attendantup to datethe hotel staffthree nightsflat screen tveasy accessking bedbeds were comfortablecoffee makerair conditionerstaff was very friendly and helpfullobby areacomfortable stayfitness room
Reviewed February 12, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel a handful of times in the last 5 years. The hotel is in an good location if you need to stay in Irving/Las Colinas. Its a vey quiet and safe hotel because its surrounded by corporate buildings. The best thing about his hotel is the staff. They are Very helpful and accomodating. If you are a buisness traveler and you want to pay a fair rate, get a quiet night of sleep, and have little worries, this is a good hotel to stay at. Its not the best place to stay if you wanting the extras. There is a nice lobby, a Starbucks inside, a decent bar for happy hour, nice breakfast restaurant, and free internet access. The bad things about his hotel are that it is starting to show its age, the beds are a little old, the rooms are a little on the dark side, the bathrooms are a little bit tight, and by far the worst thing is that Irving is currently rebuilding their highways. There's a good amount of construction and a fair amount of detours. (Not the hotel's fault) The construction is not unbearable but a little annoying. (No construction noise while we were there) The parking lot is a little odd as well, they have compact to regular spaces that alternate. (It made it difficult to park if you have a bigger car) There are a few basic restaurants in the area and its a very remote and safe area. They have a small fitness center and a heated indoor pool. The good service we recieved is worth noting a second time.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled on business
WyndhamLCManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2011

Dear Guest:
We sincerely appreciate your comments and complements regarding your recent stay at Wyndham Las Colinas; it means a great deal to us. We take great pride in our hotel and service we provide to all of our guests; needless to say that guest satisfaction is our #1 priority.
Again, thank you, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed October 16, 2010

We were greeeted by Raj who provided outstanding customer service. He upgraded us to a PURE room which helped with my allergies.
The lobby is very welcoming and makes me want to read a good book by the fireplace!
The room is well appointed and very clean. The bed is very comfortable and after being on your feet all day...it will put me straight to sleep!
A/C is super cold which is hit and miss with hotels!
I would recommend this hotel....looks like they are doing some renovations...but nothing that would affect your stay.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
WyndhamLCManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded November 15, 2010

Dear Guest, Thank you for taking time out of your busy to write this review in reference to your recent stay at the Wyndham Las Colinas. Guest Satisfaction is our number one priority, we are very proud of our hotel, we work very hard to exceed guest expectations and comments such as yours make this all worthwhile. Needless to say that I have shared your comments with our entire team, including Raj.

Again, thank you and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed April 1, 2010

I stayed at this hotel for a weekend conference and took my mother along for the trip. I was very impressed with the hotel, the customer service, and the quality of cleanliness.

My mother is disabled and has a difficult time walking, so, they moved us to the first floor because they didn't have elevators; which was surprising. But, it was fine. I did have problems using the internet, but a quick call to the front desk solved the issue.

The thing I can complain about is the room service menu and prices. Now, the room service was quite pricey, between my mother and I - we spent almost $60.00 for dinner, not including the tip. However, the thing that irritated us the most was that the menu they had in the room, was an old menu. We had requested four or five items off the menu, and the gentlemen on the phone said, "ow, we don't carry that item on any longer." So, needless to say, we were frustrated because we had to ask him to tell us 'what do you carry?', however, once we received the food - it was delicious!

Also, when we returned from a day out, our room wasn't clean by 1:30pm, which was surprising because we had been out and about starting at 8:00am. We had to wait about 45 minutes to get someone to clean our room, which was a little frustrating because we were exhausted and wanted to take a nap before we were to meet friends for dinner that night.

However, this is a nice hotel, good customer service and give them a chance - you'd be surprised!

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled on business
WyndhamLCManager, General Manager at Holiday Inn Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded May 4, 2010

Dear Guest,
Dear Guest:
We sincerely appreciate your comments and complements regarding your recent stay at Wyndham Las Colinas; it means a great deal to us. We have shared your review with our entire team.
Again, thank you, and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed January 20, 2010

Spent 2 nights here (Fri-Sun) while in the area for a wedding. We were in a 2 double bed (would have loved queen beds) room on the 3rd/top floor. Only 3 bath towels in the room but I didn't bother to ask for more. We were down the hall from laundry facilities that we did not use. The breakfast buffet smelled great but we did not try it. The price was $12.95 for adults and when I inquired about the child price, they said $2 less which was more than we wanted to pay for our 3 and 8 year olds who eat very little. The room was nicely renovated and clean but on the small side. It was a little hard to keep a comfortable temperture with the room a/c and heater. We did use the indoor pool and hot tub the morning of check out. I asked the front desk if they could accomodate a delayed check out and she was fine about it and didn't even give me a time so I said, "Around 1:00p?" and she said that was fine. The pool is 3 feet on the ends and 4 feet in the middle but my small 3 year old who can't swim had to play around the steps since she can't stand in 3 feet. There was no gift shop where I could purchase a flotation device for her. Pool towels were provided. There was also a dry sauna that we did not use. The hotel is just off the freeway but late on a rainy night it was hard to spot. Could not get the free wired internet to work so they gave us the ID/password for the wireless internet.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with family
WyndhamLCManager, manager at Holiday Inn Las Colinas, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2010

Dear Wyndham Las Colinas Guest, Thank you for sharing your review of Wyndham Las Colinas! On your next visit, please feel free to let us know if you need extra towels, or a bigger room to accommodate your family. We are more than happy to meet our guests' needs, for example providing late check out. I'm glad to hear that your children enjoyed our indoor pool, and that you found your room to be clean and well appointed! However, I do apologize for the faulty heating and ventilation unit in your room, as well as the spotty WiFi connection. Please be assured that we have informed our technicians of these issues and will fix these items immediately. I hope you had a wonderful stay with us! Looking forward to having you and your family back at Wyndham on your next visit to Las Colinas!

Reviewed October 22, 2009

Stayed there this past weekend. Used Expedia and didn’t get double beds (one king) and only one free breakfast. Left at 6:30 a.m. for the Fair and after fighting two huge accidents on I30, didn’t get back to our room until 11:20 p.m. Our room was a total wreck, bed was stripped and not remade, bedding everywhere (had left tag to clean on door). The bathroom had never been cleaned and phone was drained and had to be recharged. We were totally dead from a long day and I asked to have the room taken care of. Forty minutes later, after another trip to the desk, a very nice lady came and made up our room. She said all this would be noted at the desk in the morning. Not so. Had to explain it all again to the desk clerk who took my number and said her manager would call me in the morning. It’s been four days and have heard from no one. Very nice hotel in a nice area, but terrible customer service.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
1  Thank utguz

Dear Wyndham Las Colinas Guest, Thank you for sharing your review of Wyndham Las Colinas. Our sincerest apologies for the poor service you received during your stay with us. We are extremely embarrassed and will do everything possible to prevent such an instance from happening in the future. Although it is tough to hear, we certainly appreciate your constructive feedback. Please be assured that since your post, the appropriate personnel have been addressed. We constantly strive to enhance our guests' experiences, and you have certainly highlighted some important areas of improvement. Please accept our humblest apologies. We hope you give us another chance to change your mind about our hotel by staying with us again in the future.